Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 186056 times)

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #1140 on: November 15, 2017, 05:37:49 pm »

All around, the dried up corpses tear at the house, ripping apart curtains and using furniture to break whatever's in reach. The queen walks through it all, soaking in her victory over this damnable house and its residents. They did not leave after she took the book, but they do not dare come near. With the tools from the garage, the first parts of the house begin to break down. Thin walls are broken, windows are shattered, and a part of the roof even caved in with the right amount of destruction in the correct spot. As this excessive vandalism goes on, the queen takes her time to look for something fancy to wear. She may be the future queen of the world, but it never hurts to look nice! Sadly, there is almost nothing of use! Despite the lavish rooms, they seemed very frugal when it comes to personal appearance. Most of what she can find is suits, and one ratty old wedding dress. If there ever was a woman of the house, she was clearly not into showing that fact off. As for rings or necklaces, there's nothing suitable. Plenty of chokers, some of them expensive-looking, but the queen will not degrade herself with a choker!
Although... Perhaps the kobolt would prefer it. If nothing else, it would show her place after her betrayal. A little more force in the right place and she'll be putty in her hands. She takes one of the chokers, a fancy one, even. If the slaves must be dressed up, they should look properly dressed up. It gives them some confidence, besides.

The only other thing of note was a positively GHASTLY ring belonging to the fat woman(who looks like a dried up prune in her corpse state). It's made to be colorful, using all sorts of colored pearls... It looks horrible, and the queen would rather prefer if it burn with the rest. Speaking of burning...
The Queen was quite pleased when one undead minions found the oil in the garage. The oil couldn't cover the whole house, but there is more than enough wood, old fabrics and cobwebs to have it continue on naturally after starting a proper fire. Most of the corpses continue with their petulant flailing against the furniture, as the queen walks out.
She took a matchbox with her, apart from the choker. In a way that can only be truly appreciated in a visual medium, the queen flicked the lit match behind her as she left the house. She didn't even look back.
Until she reached the end of the yard, anyhow, and saw that the small match went out as it flew downwards. Blushing, she hastily returns to the door. Fumbling with the box, she strikes against the rough surface with the small matchstick, and eventually a small fire starts. In her excitement, she moves the little flame a little bit too fast and it extinguishes anyway. The third time, she's careful enough to light it, carefully bringing it to the oil.  She's, uh, pretty glad nobody's around to see that. Because DAMN, that was one failed attempt at drama.

Still, it looked pretty sick when she walked away from the building that was... very slowly starting to burn. Yeah. G-give it a few hours and it'll REALLY toast those ghosts.
Yeah
Still, she has some free time, now. What to do...

Imitate Sydney.

Kill something
REALLY thirsty.

The Book.
I humbly request a perusal through me. I will have something useful to one of your state of mind.

Basic Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Items and equipment

I'm feeling mostly well enough to write something. But i'm still a little nauseous. Still, by tomorrow we should be back at the ordinary lengths of the updates. Writing seems to make me a little more dizzy than most actions (at this point, it's probably the dehydration getting to me).
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: November 15, 2017, 06:00:21 pm »

THE BOOK
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: November 15, 2017, 07:02:43 pm »

No point reading if we will just be feeling antsy, let's find something tasty. But what? Hunting can take all day, spiders are... no, maybe some of the livestock is still at the farm, or one of that fop's pets might be there, to snack or enslave?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: November 15, 2017, 08:05:17 pm »

Oh god, the book right now will be another voice in our head trying to take us to the dark side

fuck

at least he knows where he belongs at, but no. Only opening it if he tell us beforehand what REALLY will happen. And if it lies it will become a new torch

The farm, worst case we drink one of the vampire minions attacking us.
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: November 15, 2017, 08:06:08 pm »

Cookbook is best book.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: November 15, 2017, 08:10:16 pm »

Kill something.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: November 15, 2017, 08:18:52 pm »

Oh yes, the radarbook cookbook is our best friend

We are gonna be an walking magical library
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: November 16, 2017, 04:58:25 pm »

If you need food, you go to a farm, obviously. As much as she would prefer a more... lively prey, an animal will have to do. Sydney would disapprove and they came to something resembling an agreement, for the most part. Of course, that was during the willing swaps, right now... It's hardly fair to follow her rules if the queen needs to take the hits she can't take... Hardly fair. But it doesn't matter. It's probably the fastest track to a meal, regardless, and considering she vomited out the last meal (canned...) the Queen is positively RAVENOUS. Along the way to the farm, however, there IS that one little black splotch on the map. Whether it's an outpost or a tower is a bit of a mystery, but it IS enemy-controlled according to the adventurers. Which are, co-incidentally, ALSO on the menu if they would run afoul of the queen right now. They are of no consequence, and they are very annoying. And besides, they wouldn't even feel a thing! Except, maybe, the kobolt. She seemed sharp enough to escape or even come across as something intelligent. Ultimately, they're hardly people. More... side-attractions. Still, at least they made a map.
Just as the farm comes into sight, something far more appealing is visible. A small patrol, consisting of the wild fighters. No thralls, but living, breathing sacks of flesh and blood.

With no regard for strategy, she rushes forward as fast as her legs can carry her. Sadly, the figures are quick on the uptake, and they seemed rather excited to end up in a fight with something so far above them in the food chain. They actually ended up charging THE QUEEN. Her hand clasped around the first one's neck fast enough, however, and his claws (attached at the wrists, like the cultists. But single-spike and longer.) barely even scratch the armor. Sadly, that does not go for the other two, who are quick to assault her. The Queen slams the grabbed human on the ground, and does a wild flail with her backhand. It got in a solid hit, which actually stunned the poor fool. The following punch knocks him out entirely, even sending him flying. The last one is grabbed by the shoulders, and then the pedipalps enter.
It was like the first drink after a lifetime of desert. A light at the end of the tunnel. The ambrosia of the gods, from an unworthy vessel like THIS. It's rich, to say the least.
By the time she comes to, the corpse is nothing but a dried husk. And yet it isn't enough. The Queen needs more than THIS.
The second one, unconscious from the punch, is next. It isn't quite so exhilarating to feel his heartbeat still and his blood drain. Suddenly, the Queen is attacked from behind. The one she slammed in the ground jumped on her back (to be more accurate, he body-slammed her human back) and unleashes a flurry of blows that even the armor can't help out against. If it was Sydney, it would probably constitute as a real injury. As the Queen, of course, it hardly means anything. Especially with the drain. She grabs his arm, and throws him to the side, using her shoulder as leverage.
I taste blood...MINE AND YOURS!

The next few moments are in a blur. It's... kind of like getting really drunk, in a way. It feels great, like floating in absolute nothingness, at the time. But then, at the end of it, you don't remember a thing, there's all kinds of fluids all over you, and your opponent is spread out over around 10 square meters.
Her heart is hammering in her throat, and it was really little more than a basic enemy. And yet, it was FUN. Far more fun than she had access to in a WHILE.
And yet, it feels empty, does it not? An odd voice says, in an equally odd accent.
WHO GOES THERE?! she shouts, claws at the ready.
The book, dearest. You are my newest owner, I believe, albeit in an atypical state of mind.
...A talking book. Very trustworthy. You're a product of the gestating god.
Hm, yes. Nadala, I called her. She too, possessed me. In so far as something can possess me, that one came the closest. I escaped, of course, with some knowledge of my own.
BULLSHIT!
Ut-tut-tut. Language! I may be your servant, but I shan't stand for foul language. You're more agreeable on this when you are in your normal state of mind,
 at least.

Fuck you
Very good. Yes. Look, you've leveled up from picking me up. I AM quite charged with eldritch energies, after my last purging. I believe you experienced the results of that?
...Did. I. EVER.
Yes... The father expected that HE would attain the vampirism... He should have paid more attention. He wasn't the owner, anyway, he had passed on a little while before that, and that boring man decided to hate his bastard son for it.
I DON'T FUCKING CARE! I'M NOT GOING TO SLEEP AGAIN, THIS IS MY!  TIME!
Goodness, but you do act childish like this... Well, no matter. I will sleep until you are literate once more. Cheerio!

What now?
Kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill 

Map

Basic Stats

Items and equipment
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: November 16, 2017, 05:26:39 pm »

Right now i don't know

A) Explore the roads, hunt patrols, make some living creature worship her in front of her
B) take down one of the watch towers supressing shot with doombolts slam door fill the place with draining gas (or something that the queen needs)
C) clean the remaining butchers (No, there is a giant golem of meat and sydney is better at make traps for that)
D) Ultra bearmarine vs The queen place your bets (Or can the kill plan ahead and try to lure the bear against the golem and make it a threesome of death?)
Novice english wordsmith

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: November 16, 2017, 05:55:44 pm »

That exploding bird idea wasn't terrible, perhaps we could, well, we only have the remains of this patrol on hand. And they are so slow... But maybe we could carry them, throw them, and make them explode? No doubt that tower is trapped, but they are likely expecting something much weaker and more subdued than us, the proper application of overwhelming force should break it open quite nicely, and no doubt it is filled with entertainment. Ideally we would roll a giant boulder through the walls, but throwing exploding corpses at the gate will have to suffice? Always remember to animate corpses liberally, a recent ally trying to eat them will no doubt sow confusion and antics.

Of course, the vampire will no doubt want to meet us, and that would be... an opportunity. We have had a meal, if we find ourselves indoors, we should remember to leave webs everywhere. Not so much to catch and hold, but to stick and entangle. See how fast that pest is after it has stopped bothering to clear every thread, and dozens of them have been allowed to accumulate...

Although, we must be mindful of our limits. We are clearly greater than any of these pests alone, but they are numerous. If we can't break their lines and panic them, then we ought to find a more productive use of our time. We could look to claiming their scouts and suppliers, or go back to the nest and find out what that rogue is hiding...
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: November 18, 2017, 03:53:54 pm »

I'm not entirely sure what you want me to do here, so I'll just default to attacking the nearest outpost.
Blame the queens bloodlust. Also of note, I might give her a proper name. As much as she would probably prefer being called by her title, it's annoying, narrative-wise. You can give her a name yourself, just give a proposal and i'll take the one that has the most votes.

Once resurrected, the patrolmen are surprisingly nimble, despite being reduced to almost literal skin and bones. Their stomach seems to distend in a very unappealing way, because there isn't anything to stop the organs from having a little spill inside the skin. As a thrall, they'd be unsalvageable  from lack of blood and tissue. But necromancy works in a different manner entirely, to the Queen's pride. She'd be a little more proud if she actually understood it, but that's Sydney's domain. The Queen's more concerned with unarmed combat and eating. Although, perhaps a weapon WOULD be more useful. Just not a sword. Those things are too flimsy-looking. Maybe a good, solid axe or hammer? It needs to be PROPER, however. She will NOT be spotted fighting with a commoner's tool. Back to the matter at hand, however, with the two undead with her, she feels more than ready to assault the nearest camp she saw on the map those fools created. Regardless of the tactical value, it will be filled with all manner of delicious and weak targets, or perhaps something that will actually be fun to dominate utterly before killing. The vampire has some fine allies, after all. A bit more adventurous and exciting than Sydney's friends. Apart from the new girl, they're all so very boring. And they don't know greatness when they see it, betraying her all the time...
Sydney's too good for them... One can't blame a slave for serving its master, even if it does end bad. If they knew better, they wouldn't be slaves, after all.

Without the burden of most of their mass, the minions are fast enough to keep up. Barely. The outpost is already in sight, a small house made up of logs is visible. It looks like it was made out of nothing but wood, but it was made from experienced builders, at least. It's a proper little fort, with the beginnings of a wall. If Sydney waited a day, there would be a solid wall of logs in the way. Fortunately, there are still holes in the walls, although they are getting built up by some thralls. They don't seem to be armed at all, as the defence team is made up of the mercs the vampire has decided to employ. More of the same, like the patrol. Animal skins, savage weapons, wild state of mind. They are quick to notice the Queen charging down the road towards the base, and by the time she has reached, a dozen stand ready to tear her to shreds, two of them even pointing their spears down to skewer her. Despite the quick planning, it's clear they are not tactically experienced. They are bunched up, rather than spreading out slightly to surround her. The spear-men must be the smartest of the bunch to even think of blocking the charge.
The Queen's not dumb enough to fall for the spears, of course, and she turns off course at the last moment, taking a diagonal twist and taking two hits from the people at the side. They use wooden clubs, and the armor does nothing to help. Right against the shoulder, too, leaving a lot of pain and the arm weakened. Apart from a groan, it does not phase the Queen. The undead minions perform a leaping attack at the front, distracting the spearmen as the Queen engages the rest. They are quick to attack her in a wild frenzy, taking advantage of the hurt arm. The first to make an attack is wielding the same claws as the patrol currently fighting the spearmen (rather badly, though, the range of the spears is a big advantage)

Big mistake. The hurt arm may be down, but the pedipalp is fine. In a quick jab, the man's stomach is pierced. He only has to cough before his throat is ripped out with the good arm. The rest of the group is less excited to act after that display, especially after the queen puts the torn gore in her mouth and savors the taste as she shakes off the dying man. The man himself spends some more time on the ground, gurgling and crawling away. Still, the clubbers move next, and they're difficult!
They move together like a well-oiled machine, being a brother-sister team. Multiple hits are taken, and even the queen is losing ground. Especially as the rest also takes occasional swings with their own weapons. The sharp ones don't do much, but she's still on the defensive...
That will not do.
Suddenly, she does a full-body slam to the woman in the sibling team, and rams her front leg in her mouth before she can recover. She grinds that leg, and something comes loose inside. Before another one of the mercs can take a swing, she moves, listening to her handiwork as the woman chokes on her blood and teeth. She won't die, but she won't be fighting, either. The other club user is suddenly and fatally attacked by his dead comrade, the one with the claws. They forgot to keep an eye on that one. Unfortunately, The queen forgot about the spear-men, too. A sudden stab to her spider-part makes for a stark reminder. She turns quickly, and uses her speed to turn the spear aside, grab it, and force it into the belly of the first. The air is knocked out, and a punch to his nose stuns him further. He drops the spear, which the queen turns around (hitting another man with the blunt end) and forces through him entirely. He falls back, the spear propping him up and leaving him a disturbing monument.

Of the seven remaining (the other spearmen actually ended up dying to the initial assault of your two minions. That minion clawed its way forward after getting impaled, and slashed him to bits.) none seem very willing to attack anymore. The one that killed the club-user has no such troubles, as he attacks a larger one with a massive, wooden hammer. While that hammer does snap the leg of the zombie like a twig, it fails to stop the large claw from tearing his chest open. He groans in pain, and then finishes off the zombie with a quick strike. The Queen hasn't been sitting still, however, and drained one of the slower ones dry with her pedipalps (he tried to defend himself with a small hatchet. The fool dropped it after a quick punch to arm). Then, she did something they really hadn't accounted for.
She took a deep breath, and breather out a toxic miasma of death. The hammer-wielder feels his wound fester in an instant, as it goes from an itch to agony in seconds. In just a few more seconds, he falls over as the necrosis reaches his heart. That, of course, was the final straw for the remaining fighters. They begin to flee the battle, screaming in panic at the demon that has come to take them away. Ultimately, only one of them gets away, as the Queen puts her legs to good use.

With the rush of battle fading, however, she needs to note two things.
First of all, her right shoulder is currently broken.
Second of all, this outpost is HERS.

What now?

Map

Basic Stats

Items and equipment
Neat stuff I do:

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: November 18, 2017, 11:52:29 pm »

Hrmmm... Perhaps we can drain some life to heal our shoulder? but it best be properly splinted first...

We have been dodging about and not sitting still so far. It works, keeps us from being attacked, for the most part, but a change could take them off-guard. From here we can guard the farm and strike their throne. We can leave the dead to guard. Have our escorts continue building the defences, stake a couple on their spears to overlook the entrance. So easy to assume the staked-up corpse is the old fake soldier trick, even if you do know that you are dealing with a necromancer. And we can leave the others where they lie, ready to swarm as soon as they are approached...

Our army is likely insufficient. Spiders can only do so much against an opponent as strong as the vampire even with swarms and webs. Our own forces... Sydney sees use in all of them, and is not wrong, the murderhobos would likely break if one of their party died... We are unwilling to simply "win" this "game" and no doubt the vampire has some special trick to play at the last. If we could muster that bear... Our own countenance, especially with our breath that can sap ones life directly, is impressive, and we have fresh meat on hand here, perhaps the bear could be, well, it likely lacks the wits to entirely serve us on such short notice, but we could perhaps convey a promise of all the food it can stomach and new challenge to its stagnant existence...

But still, we cannot stay here forever, and the dead would slow us down. So let's leave them to guard and away to seeks some aid for our shoulder. And keep n eye out for something living that we could drain after getting it tended to, though spiders will probably suffice.
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: November 19, 2017, 12:15:23 pm »

She at least knows that eveline will treat her, just go there brag what she has done by herself and sleep

Remember Sucy's suggestion. Try to act calm like Sydney to not scare her subjects, maintain the pose of the noble she is and sleep full of
delight

For a name, I don't have a solid idea

as I saw syney means "Wide meadow" that is something that remenber us of tranquility

First i was looking for names that means "Queen" and "Godess" but them i looked for Rage hate and war to keep the duality thing that would fit nicely for someone who wants to be a god but has a nicer part

(I am looking at this site: http://www.meaning-of-names.com/search/index.asp?nm=hate&stype=1&gndr=2)
Atgas (hateful)
Alphonsa/alphonza/alfonsa/quack! (eager for war)
avice (warlike)
altsoba (all war)
Andra (Strong and courageous)
Alayla (war godess)
Amma (godlike)
Jahdiel (the unity or sharpness or revenge of god.)
Novice english wordsmith

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: November 19, 2017, 04:18:06 pm »

As fun as it would be to assault some more, the killfrenzy is really wearing off right now. Not to mention, the shoulder is starting to actually hurt a lot. If it was Sydney, she'd be limping back right now. The Queen is not Sydney, however, she will...
will...
Walk back with her head held high! Really, there's no shame in retreating after personally emptying a camp with just your bare hands and with a broken shoulder. Draining life might be a good way to keep healthy (in fact, it certainly kept her topped off after the fight against the patrol) you can't risk magic healing on a non-splinted bone. It'll regrow wrong, and the queen is most certainly not a cripple!
Eveline will do her thing. The only problem is that The queen will have to sleep once more, and she's not too pleased about that. She's on a roll right now! But, at least, Sydney can figure out how the damnable book works. Rude and heretical as it is, it's oddly captivating. Sydney will likely get far more out of it that the queen will. She won't hold it against her, she was always the smarter of the two driders. Even if they share a body, she just has more patience.
Now, if only that shoulder could stop stinging, we'd be in the forest already...

I had to improvise!
Is that why you have a new sword on you that is, might I add, un-used!? Come on now, if you hurt yourself bashing in a door, just tell me.
I really did clear that outpost!  They ran, like cowards!
I think it's more a point of intelligence if they decided not to face a deranged drider that decided against using her weapon! Anyway, that shoulder will need to be set.
Do it, then.
Not without anesthetic. I'm going to cut your shoulder open to set it. Or, to be more precise, I'm letting Sucy set it. My, uh... My hands are a little too hairy for this.
No! Just... Get me a bit of wood, I'll just... tough it out! No need to make me sleep, they might ambush us or...
-Oh, hush. You could use the sleep, anyway! The kobolt rummages through her kit, and pulls out a syringe filled with a clear liquid. She test the plunger a bit, making sure no air will enter.
Get that thing away from m- Before she even finished the sentence, the needle is already inside the shoulder. The queen can't help but yell in pain from the sudden stomp against her broken bone.
I'm sorry. But I prefer SYDNEY over you...

LEVEL UP!

Eldritch Touch: The book has touched you in an extreme manner. Your flesh will be a bit more... mallable.
Enhanced strength: Just plain ol' muscle. What else?
Increase: Increase in general size. This will take quite a while, and will add about 12 centimeters in height. Everything remains in proportion, too.
Injectable sacks: The next step for creating small creatures. Will cause you to leave behind a sack of poison in an opponent with your stinger.
Regain Lethality: Your poison loses it's progress towards making creatures, and becomes more lethal instead
Eldritch poison: Even I don't know what this is going to do. All I can say is that the amount of syllables are going to get pretty crazy whenever it DOES happen. Prose is going to get all purple and stuff. Really nasty.
Eldritch energies: Your magic gains a very otherworldly tinge. Will add random effects.
Pain is Power: regain mana through injury. How you got injured does not matter.
New spell: Get a randomized new spell. power may vary.
Bloodied Anchor: Self-harm will reduce stress. Sydney will get a nasty habit, though
Insights: Discoveries for beyond what anyone should know. Comprehensions beyond the veil. The abyss stares also into you.
The Vault: Time to put some memories in the vault! Increase mental resiliance and allows you to forget one traumatic memory.
Neat stuff I do:

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: November 19, 2017, 04:21:57 pm »

Lets see...
Eldritch touch, "Increase", Injectable sacs, Eldritch energies, pain is power, and bloody anchor all seem bloody useless.
My vote is for anything that isn't included in the above.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 216