Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 186087 times)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #1080 on: October 25, 2017, 06:43:03 pm »

I say we rest and recover from our wounds. After that we should see what level of control we expert over the spiders. As in, do they only understand general instructions such as “attack that dude”? Or can we get them to make complicated coordinated movements with each other? Could we make a spider tidal wave?

...okay, if we can I want to swarm the castle with a literal tidal wave made of spiders. If for no other reason than it would be completely amazing.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: October 26, 2017, 04:39:27 pm »

Well, as a drider, you should have a little more control than most. I mean, all these eight-legged bastards will leave us alone at the very least. When it comes to controlling a large amount of them, it'll be a bit more... tricky.
Please tell me you didn't turn me into spider bukkake for nothing.
Oh no, don't worry. That part was the easiest way to go about it. But when it comes to getting them to attack something, you just need to throw some of the fluid on the target, generally.... Look, me and Sucy will get busy on getting you some pouches filled with the stuff. You can try and figure out how well they react to you. If you can get the small ones to do something beyond giving you space, you're a lot further along than the average spider-tamers... They always get fickle when the queen dies.
Fine, I guess I'll wade into spider-infested patch, I suppose.

It proves to be majorly disturbing, to say the least. There are currently 400 legs simultaneously crawling all over your body. You are remaining remarkably calm, and you're willing to pat yourself on the back for that, but to be entirely fair if you keep sweating like this you'll lose half your body weight in about one hour. You're in that quantum state where the face is calm, even smiling. The body does not shake, and there is just a slow blink as the situation is assessed. On the inside, the heart could be used to power a small fusion reactor. Eventually, you find the energy to move back into the torchlight, and your companions make a little room to not get covered in the avalanche of spiders as they retreat because of the light.
I will not be doing that again. It was scary and really, really gross.
Do not touch me for the foreseeable future.
I don't know what you expected. Did they leave you alone, at least?
No bites, no injuries. Nothing. Only problem I have is that I may be having a heart attack.
Nah. Anyway, lie down and let Evi look at your injuries. Take off your clothes, too, she'd like that. You'll have her full undivided attention.
Eveline tried to shush Sucy, of course, but that only seemed to egg her on. There's a very smug smile residing on the face of the lanky witch. It's infuriating to look at, but you can't help but enjoy it as well.
Very polarizing.

You do follow up on Sucy's suggestion of undressing, however. You have a lot of nasty bruises, in varying shades of blue to purple. The pressure form applying the salve does not help much when it comes to pain, but you're fairly sure it'll all work out for the best. You really need a proper healer, though, these alchemical cures are a bit slow-acting. That's fine for most types of towns, but you get into a bit more trouble than most. You should also got a proper ranged party member. The alchemists may work beyond melee range, but throw-based fighting still doesn't go too far.
You'll look into it at a later point.
At any rate, you'll remain here for a while as your injuries heal. It gives you time to plan ahead, in this case. Your resources are currently giant spiders that follow you by default, and a couple bombs to let them swarm a target. The little ones seem less controllable. They won't attack you, and are in fact rather chummy, but you can't use them. You suspect they're kind of automated, anyhow. They just expand the tunnel system and keep everything in fine order.

Get a plan of attack ready. You'll be able to clean yourself off a bit, the smell will be enough. Of course, that would be a little odd to explain if you try to infiltrate after all...
OR you can explore the rest of the cave. Because there is nothing agressive remaining, the cave will be shown in it's entirety on the map.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Minions

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: October 26, 2017, 05:57:35 pm »

Explore, sure

For attack, first a bunch of scouts on the walls of the castle and routine, let's see if they have patrols or gaps in security.

If they have patrols we go guerrilha style eliminating some of them, can even get some souls for later, all corpses should be brought back

If not we will have to begin playing with kidnapping/killing one by one on the castle walls using undead spiders, when they find us (we will try to not get caught but it's inevitable) they will probably attack, and that's when we get advantage

we should prepare some web-based traps, the deal is IF someday the vampire enters the cave we will burn it, if not whatever, let's hope one of the Thralls kill the ultra bear-marine so we can use it as an undead minion along with the spider swarm
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: October 27, 2017, 04:58:23 pm »

To be fair, it's kind of hard to prepare for an underground jungle that's about 80 square meters.
That does not excuse this.
In my defence, only Yunikki was an accident.
So Sucy just ran in there and to get shitfaced?
Kind of exactly what happened. Didn't figure her for a narcotics person...
Oh, believe me, she is most certainly a narcotics person. She had some of the best stashes around. It kept me down for hours.
Well, whatever. How long will it take before they stop drooling?
...Somewhere between half an hour to a full hour. They'll have a buzz for a while after that, as well, but a first-timer is going to feel absolutely wretched... Might want to remove Nikki's helmet, she's going to vomit.

You put Sucy and Yunikki next to eachother, grumbling the whole time. This place is well-lit, even without the torch. There are holes that allow natural light to enter the caves, and even the occasional bit of seeds and dirt. So there's a whole patch of green here, where the spiders rarely ventured. With good reason, some of these plants look ready to eat anything smaller than them. You're not one of those things, of course, but the smaller spiders keep away. Although it may just be the light, on second thought...
Combination of factors. Who cares?
Regardless, these plants look to be useful for the alchemists. Useless for the traps you have planned, however, as the vampire is immune to most poisons. You'll have to use more physical ways to damage him. Of that, there is no short supply. Fire is quite easy to use, after all. As it stands, however, you work with webbing traps. Most of the floor is already rather sticky, but leaving behind pads of added silk prove to be enough to get somebody stuck. But you just can't make very complex traps with what's available...
You'll have to rely on the spiders to get anything done in the way of traps, you suspect. The best you can do is a tripwire. The occasional swinging rock...
The cave is very defensible regardless of traps, however, so you won't be in trouble. You will be using the Queen's chambers as your base of operations, however. The one remaining hallway, to the north-east, was filled with...
Well, you discovered how spiders mate. In the case of the giant types, there's just a massive amount of spiders in one cave getting ready to fertilize the eggs. While this wasn't mating season, these spiders are still ready to go and VERY aggressive. They're a little bigger than the average warrior spider, but they lack the weapons. Their mouths aren't really sharp in any way, meaning all they can do is swarm the threat and bash their abdomen against it. Considering their size, however, that would have been enough...

It worked well enough on the undead spider you carried around, to say the least. They must be a little smarter to know the difference, as well. Another thing to note. That also marks the end of the caves, with just one last thing of interest.
There was a small pile of clothes, jewelry and similar bits of scrap lying around in the breeder den. They seem to be from the east, according to Eveline, implying that they're former "guests" for the vampire.
How did they get down here? For that matter, how did the bear's victims get here?
Maybe this isn't as secure as you hoped... But they won't expect this place. It'll have to do.

The first hunt is coming up soon. You'll take down your first patrol, and see how the thralls work in combat. Sucy and Yunikki are still too out of it to fight, Sucy being a little too slow and Yunikki vomiting in the bushes outside of the cave. Meandra and Eveline will have to take care of them, or they might wander off someplace dangerous. Considering there are generally only four or so per patrol, this shouldn't be an issue. You've got a decent horde of spiders with you, regardless. About fifteen spiders are willing to follow you outside of the den, and the small ones don't go into the light. You wonder who so few warriors are joining you, but perhaps more will come of you throw your first bit of pheromones. These pouches are very numerous, and very small. You need very little to get the spiders to go nuts on a target, so you can carry quite a few. The green patch in the caves also allows Eveline to create them out of the leaves that are available there. Resources will not a problem in the least.

The first two are coming. These ones look to be enthralled caravan guards. You saw a few of them when the eastern caravans came through town. They're bundled up in heavy robes, although some leave their chest exposed. Mostly, they tend to hide their face for some reason. The scars are a mark of pride and experience, and the one in front has many scars indeed. His skin is graying, though. He must have been enthralled for a long time already.
Experience alone won't help you against a force like the vampire.
Standing ready in the woods, you prepare your pheromone bomb. A quick throw later, and it splatters against the side of one of the thralls. All at once, the spiders screech and roar as they charge forward. With combined efforts, they run down the first two, tearing at their flesh and vomiting up their poison. You enter the fray yourself, as well, using the spiders as a distraction. The first two guards may have fallen to the spiders, but once the guards can get fighting, they don't gain much effectiveness in comparison to when they were fighting you. But then again, these guards aren't driders, nor are they immune to the spider's poison. Enthrallment still requires some of the bodily functions to continue, it seems. You barely had any work to do when you got there, and you barely lost five spiders. You put one of the corpses on your back, and your spiders follow suit on dragging them with you. It seems they understand the basic idea of hunting well enough, so you're a few corpses richer. These thralls have no souls, of course. They are still undead, even they do require breathing and circulation.

Before you finish up entirely, however, you see one more caravan guard approaching down the road. He must have been part of the group you are still carrying away, perhaps in order to scout or to deal with this exact situation where a group disappears. If you didn't spend so much time carrying the bodies, you would have missed him. You decide to not leave this to chance.
Waiting just at the edge of the forest, the closest part to the road, you prepare yourself for an ambush. In and out. Your spiders will carry the bodies away, you can handle a single thrall. Just as he steps close enough, you'll go forward without a sound and gut him.
You add your deed to your thought, and charge forward. You reach him before he even turns around and pierce him through the back, lifting him up before removing your blade. he lands on his feet, but the injury was lethal enough. You slash his back open for good measure, tearing apart the hefty robes he was wearing. But he's still standing. Then he speaks. His voice is low, and he sounds so very satisfied with himself.
As I expected. Hello, necromancer.
With a dramatic turn, he remove the robes around his head. His red eyes pierce your very soul as he looks at you.
Oh no.

ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!

Let's just talk about this.
This is really awkward.

Other

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Minions

Skills and spells

Hide-out map
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: October 27, 2017, 06:00:31 pm »

DON't LOOK AT THE EYES! I am inclined to just let Queen handle this. We should maintain our own awareness though and work full-time on mind-control countermeasures while Queen is busy with the stabbing and sucking. The spiders are too far away considering how fast the vampire is, but maybe we can distract it by smashing a blood vial at its face? Meanwhile, vampires ought to be vulnerable to vampirism, it is sort of the opposite of how they keep themselves alive, and we are resistant to corruption and have our own share of infections fighting for a place in our life, so hopefully vampire blood wouldn't be too much of a problem so long as we take it in through the proper blood-sucking stomach... And, of course, pedipalps are about knee-height, and it is very difficult to fight when your knees are hollow...

Alternatively... alternate interpretations?
Cast Resurrekt Humanoid on vampire?
Use Stich on Vampire's mouth? Combine with Oral Fixation? It never says that Oral Fixation only works with the Oral Fixation spells...
Remove a limb and use the vampire as a replacement limb with Graft?
Use Corpse Cutting!

Then again, throw Spiderbait everywhere and make a run for it? For all we know this is a possessed body and is very much inferior to the original model. It might already be completely disabled and is just standing up in a very expensive display of dramatics with the vampire basically using long-range sympathetic telekinetic possession...

Breath out blinding smoke and then stick our fingers where they eyes were when we last saw them? If mental domination is vision-based then smoke would really be better for us, especially if we start laying detection threads, even if vampy does have ridiculous sensory skills.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: October 27, 2017, 06:55:31 pm »

Fuck,
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
Don't look in the eyes, focus your eyes on the mounth or the nose in the worst of cases [2]

Err okay, send mentally our familiar back to the cave to scream for help, let him do cartoon-like gestures like any magical creature that happens to be the mascot of a magical girl to show that we are straight screwed and shit is going to the fan

Talk, if attack him now without fire, full mana and friends will be our end, or at least gain time till the spiders come, I liked the idea of getting the queen to do the stabbing, how he control a mind that isn't really there? At least the queen know what our plans are

Say things somewhere close to:

"Awn, You ALREADY came out of the castle? I thought that you would be more entertained playing chess with undead minions for a time, before getting enthusiastic/angry and going personally greet/kill us, at least this is better than hearing silly histories to earn your favor right? I can figure out that with your 'un'life-span normal everyday life can be repetitive. So what now? You get mad at my little game and we turn it into a battle of life and undeath? We take blooded tea on a nice picnic where you can teach me a bit of ways to make my vampirism be slightly more usefull and less of a nuisance? We return into playing undead chess? Or do you have a game of your own in mind? Although I don't have many things worth of (or that i am willing to) bet, an Aesthetic shield touched by a magical creature, silk that make you resistant to chaos magic and those stupid elderitch gods, a cookbook of everything might be even offensive to say"

He MIGHT like "our idea of giving him emotions to totally only entertain and not kill him" and might wanna offer us something else or to kill the ultra bearine
(In response to this we offer that we go side by side attack the bearine, the one who land the last shot wins, we know that he won't play fair so we will probably use the fight to overwhelm him with spiders and web and fire, if he just don't simply fall by himself on the way  on one of our traps, this case we yell To attract the bear and eveline with her fire potion/whatever and may god help us)

If he suggest get back to the chess or else he might want put some rules, including a reward

If he ask about rewards we can
A) Say that first we wanna hear what he have in mind before giving our personall suggestions
B) Something about vampirism
C) Say that we are interested in a amazing female kobolt cooker that we heard is his slave
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: October 28, 2017, 05:29:07 pm »

*Glkk*

His fingers are already around your throat before you could do anything. You flinch away, knowing he could snap your neck in an instant. However, after a small while you dare open your eyes. His face is unmoving, a sculpture of constrained savagery. The faintest grin still lingers on his face, but he is all business.
Don't move. Don't even try to attack me or you die. He says it all with such cold confidence. It sends a chill down your spine, and even your spidery parts freeze up entirely.
You nod shortly, trying to repress a shudder as his clammy fingers release just enough to let you breathe.
You are the first necromancer to try anything of note. I have so many fools that enter to gain my favor, but you decide to spy on me first. It shows caution.
 The fact that you decided to take control of the spiders after that? It shows intelligence. And the fact that you succeeded and started raiding my patrols straight away? That shows strength. I knew something was happening when my thralls noted that the spiders were acting up.

So you came to look yourself? W-what a waste...
I am no coward. And these thralls are as weak as the wastes of flesh they were before. I conquered each of them with my bare hands, what chance do they stand against a creature like you?
He leers at you. ALL of you. You feel naked, even in all your armor.

And what a creature, indeed... You are not one of those eastern slaves, far too intelligent. But there must be a relation, right?
You remain silent, doing your best not to look him in his eyes. A sudden, rough shake makes you cough and groan in pain. He really could snap your neck at any moment!
I asked you a question. Answer it.
Maybe... I don't know myself.
Hrh. I had one of those things as a "gift", once. It tried to murder me shortly there-after, but...
You killed it?
The kobolts ate well that night. But tell me, what did you hope to accomplish with some paltry vermin?
Amusement.
His fingers clench a bit more, you choke up and can't stop some spit.
Something as insignificant as you can't even CONCEIVE of me. I will not be your amusement.
You choke out your words: Not... Mine! His fingers stop the pressure, and your vision comes back into focus.
Y-you hate all the people that want your favor, no? You cough a little, trying to find your breath past the cold. Your throat is numb from the cold.
So I decided for a game of war. A way to t-*glr*test our abilities!

His fingers release themselves from your throat. You start coughing uncontrollably as warmer air flows through. He takes a step back, and smiles in a most arrogant manner.
...I will allow this. Come to me, then! If you reach my throne, I will grant you an audience. And more...
His hands clamp around your shoulders, and he hugs you. His body is... cold. Unnaturally so, like ice. He takes a deep sniff, and you can't help but clench your teeth and flinch at this predator that surrounds you entirely. You've never felt this helpless before.
Far more. he whispers in your ear, the cold air causing you to break out in goosebumps.
Then, you feel a lurch just before you begin falling in an endless black...

When you awaken, you feel a throbbing sensation on the back of your head. You are alone, on the road where you had your encounter.
You slowly get up, trying to keep your breath steady.
You don't quite succeed.

Tell the rest what happened
You don't want to talk about it, but maybe you should force yourself.

Keep quiet
Things are fine. You'll figure something out.

Make plans with or without the party?
You should make a choice on this. It may be better to keep them out of this.

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Minions

Skills and spells

Hide-out map
Neat stuff I do:

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: October 28, 2017, 10:55:48 pm »

I don't understood quite well, he want to continue the game right? The goal is to reach his throne?

If yes, IT'S WONDERFUL, It's the original plan going on, when we get bolder and bolder we can even properly start taking control from his walls and slowly prepare his castle's walls/roof properly with seeds and funghi, so we can begin to create cracks on his wall and hopefully make it fall on his head when he less expect

First, drink a blood vial right now because thirst/hunger is bad for the mood

second, shake your arms/legs to let energy (not talking about mana, but stress) flow away a bit and take a hard breath

Tell the rest, I don't know why we don't want to tell, jump a bit ask for a hug and prepare mutterstew if possible or something delicious to eat, punch a tree whatever

Did we captured the Thralls' crossbows? Are they in good condition? We should test a little with then and handle one to whoever knows how to handle it.

Ask Eveline if she thinks of anyone that might survive that alchemist way to get rid of the mind control that could kill a weak heart, and that might be useful for us here right now, someone that make/repair armors/weapons, spider tamers, hunters. The idea is to have people doing other works of hunting (Good for food, mutterstew and corpses) repairing our armor (as we aren't that good and HEY, that queen's leather might be great to repair/improve our armor, or do a helmet that can maintain our hair outside our view) or whatever. We could start kidnapping some of these that he might not notice

Also ask Eveline\sucy about our poison, right now it's an infertile eggsack, that should get fertilized magically in the body of an enemy but it still dont work, does she have something that might make it work? Be dropping the venom on a potion and throwing it or drinking something?
Novice english wordsmith

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: October 28, 2017, 11:57:47 pm »

Well for right now try to calm down. Breathe deeply, drink a vial, etc.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: October 29, 2017, 01:41:51 am »

Tell the others.

For long-term plans... We're gonna need a bigger spiders...

We also need serious reserves. Like, massive massive forces that are completely concealed from prying eyes. The sort of thing where, right as we are about to reach the throne room, suddenly our forces triple in numbers, size, and ferocity... And then reveal themselves to be filled with blessed high-explosives.

But we also need to maintain "the game" which means sending out strike forces across the terrain. Spiders striking and fading, with deliberate patterns just to lure counter-forces into ambuiushes, carefully times strikes to create diversions and broadcast false versions of our objectives... And that is just the smokescreen while we are primarily gathering forces. Both through abductionfor deprogramming and seeking out other monster nests.

Maybe we can teach some of the baby spiders? If they are conditioned to communicate and operate puzzles, then they might develop into somethign that can act as a field commander for other spiders...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: October 29, 2017, 09:56:46 am »

Oh yes, maybe the spider-nest isn't the only den here of course, maybe even some occasional traveler, caravan or bandit group we can use as an opportunity

We could also send a small spider as a zombie to investigate the castle again, ignore the throne room and hid in an armor the first hint that the vampire is coming, like a game of hide-and-seek, inspect the wall, sewage entrances, draw the layout of the castle, weapons stock, goods stock, whatever stock (Blood vials stock? Nice if we poison some a little time before our final assault) with luck we can see enough gaps which we can sneak in/out stuff
Novice english wordsmith

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: October 30, 2017, 05:34:12 pm »

"It was an odd thing to see, in our defense. When an armored lady, flanked by multiple undead spiders, jumps out of the bushes you tend to maybe overreact. Maybe she took a bolt to the shoulder and lost all her spiders. Maybe we're kind of dicks for doing that. But we DID listen to her after she shouted at least thirty different cursewords, and a small rant in some kind of oversea language. At least she managed to forgive us after punching our crossbowdwarf in the face. After that, she decided to tell us about some kind of vampire menace and how she and some others are forming up a resistance.
Seemed like a good way to spend a week, so we agreed. We were on our way to mess with that spider dungeon, anyhow. Maybe even take down that bear some local lord was using as a garbage disposal. I think that same local lord may BE that vampire they were talking about, but I don't really care. Vampire hunting seems like a fun way to get up in the world. From adventurer party to adventurer GUILD! Maybe we'll have a house instead of being the basic murderhobo. Imagine that!"

This man has a very annoying journal.
Should you really be reading it?
Do you not read everything that's left out in the open?
No?
Oh, so I'm the weird one, huh? Crap... Just don't tell those guys, I don't think they'll appreciate it very much.
I want to keep those jerks around. I want some bodies between me and a vampire, thank you very much, and adventurers are probably the only kind of people we're ever going to find that want to join us. I figure there won't be many left, now that the dungeon's officially taken over.
You know, those kind of people were never around when my village was around.
This wasn't a dungeon back then. It was just a cave, I'm guessing.
They still could have checked. I mean, we were kind of suffering.
Narrative would be more interesting if it was a big ol' rescue.
There is a pause as everybody look at the armored companion.
I have this right. You guys broke that wall before!
But it ruins the dynamic!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The kobolts seem to be a lot less busy since the game is afoot. They're mostly kept to the kitchens, if your little spy's eight eyes do not deceive you. The vampire also makes a lot more moves, and more importantly, he's been making allies. Accepting people into the castle, or even requesting others to visit. Seems he's taking the game rather seriously, unfortunately. You saw one woman in particular walk around the most. There's something clearly feral about her, wearing nothing but furs and wearing claws on her wrists. She seems rather rude, as well, considering she tends to kick the thralls in the groin whenever they pass. It is pretty funny, though.
The spider was a good choice, to say the least. A spider remaining still isn't the most unusual thing in the world, and it doesn't make your brain try and escape through your nostrils from trying to keep up with the sight. You don't know if the vampire is getting ready for an attack, or just upping his defenses. Possibly both. You've all taken steps to move away from the tunnel, considering he knows the location, but you still need to work there so often the adventurers still think it's your main base. Speaking of those adventurers, you don't have high hopes. They've got some decent equipment, sure, but they seem like inexperienced loons that just got together to kill things and survive off that. They'd be better off in a mercenary guild, if you had to give them a suggestion. However, they seem rather gung-ho to attack the guards, and they are capable enough to take those down without much issue. There's five of them in total, a crossbowdwarf, two humans with a sword and shield, one orc mage and a kobolt rogue.
You don't give them a high life expectancy, but any little bit helps. You COULD send out some of your companions to gather reinforcements from farther away, probably...
Meandra does not seem to mind the incredibly lengthy detour. You wonder if she even WANTS to reach the dwarven cities at this rate... Then again, she may just enjoy the adventure.

It's time to plan either an attack or defense. Your adventurers made a map of the surrounding area, although it is a little... crude.
-You currently have around two-hundred warrior spiders
-A basically infinite amount of smaller ones. Those don't leave the cave as long as they're alive, however.
-A small adventurer party.

Currently, none of the locations are garrisoned. This will not last, so make your pick. Also note that these are just the pre-existing locations visible. Bases can be created anywhere on the map, but you'd have to make up a barricade at least.

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Minions

Skills and spells

Things may get a little odd from here on out. Trying to write a small interactive war is kind of new territory.
Neat stuff I do:

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: October 30, 2017, 07:02:15 pm »

I'm gonna try to start putting some things on spoilers so it would be easier to read

What is that "weird" stuff on the map?

We should ask the adventurers/explore, maybe it will become a nice temporary base

Ask them if they know something else besides the arts of battle, and which school of magic the orc knows best

Spoiler: about reinforcements (click to show/hide)

About the spider spy, no way we can sip things in? We should ask eveline if she can make that potion that made us feral when we met her. dropping a bit of it in that bestial woman in the middle of Thralls would be very funny.

Good thing about our kobolt rogue is that in the final battle she can blend in the castle enter the kitchen and do whatever needed there. Do kobolts leave/enter the castle?

("Wonder if she wants to get to the dwarven cities" "Maybe she just enjoy the adventure" I can see... we will enter the dwarven city and she will decide to go along with us)
Novice english wordsmith

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: October 30, 2017, 07:30:14 pm »

Well, a preliminary plan to take some territory...

Set up a barricade at the intersection between the farm and the forest, defend it with undead and drag some logs along behind it. Make it look like we want to defend it and are moving through, but also make it pretty obvious that we are not putting anything expendable there and the movement was faked, if anyone investigates. Hopefully double-bluffs work? Send the adventutrers to investigate the Weird. Investigation should be an adventurer's purpose. We don't mind if they loot, but we do need to know what is there, and ideally they would stop short of breaking EVERYthing.

We go and investigate the farm. It is the major resource centre, so it is definitely a trap. We attack with, say, 20 spiders, try to poison scouts and patrols then flee.

The rest of our group attempts to sabotage the outpost or its supply lines. building foundations can be undermined, plants can obstruct roads, portcullis mechanisms can be damaged beyond repair, poisons can make a place unpleasant. Try to force them to divert extra manpower if they want the place operational.

Then we converge on the village with our full force and attempt to evacuate it. Extra manpower for us and less food for the vampire. It could do bad things to the vampire's staff, but we have to hope tat we can end this fairly quickly...

After that we send the vulnerable villagers to the forest to construct a camp while the more capable ones come with us to raid the farm for supplies and potentially fortify it into a forward base. Hopefully our misdirection will make it look like we were just faking our prior interest in the farm...
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: October 30, 2017, 08:07:58 pm »

RAM, I was accepting almost everything, but there is only one problem.

Isn't the villagers mind-controlled? Evacuation would fail. (some abductions maybe could work if Eveline thinks that a individual or two could be free from control without dying)

But yes, a small spider could also spy on the village plus outpost/ guard-towers and we would only need to "check our cameras" often.

The rest, goddamn yes, you put better details than me in the plan
Novice english wordsmith
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 216