Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 51

Author Topic: Cross ⭐ Reverse, AKA: Anime: the forum game ISSUE 3 ( IC, 9?/10 slots filled)  (Read 30332 times)

Amoris Veneneum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Guys...Im gunna let go.." Anima's eyes close and her teeth are set in pain her voice is a choked snarl and still very male. Anima isn't talking to the paladin's she's talking to the people who are fighting with her. They may not notice when the sword in her hand falls to the ground it's edge clangs and it shimmers changing back into the bunny it lays abandoned on the ground between Anima's feet. A moment of silence follows and all of a sudden there is a huge pillar of light reaching toward the paladins and Anima crouches in the middle her voice a high pitched scream so painful that it shakes her very soul.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile

"Grk! You son of a bi-" These are to be Argus Suneye's last words, as the combined strength of the new arrival and Freya's strikes sever his head from the body, though it is by no means clean. The angry, bloody visage of the man lands on the ground with a wet slap, and the body it leaves goes limp, a pool of blood already forming.

There is silence, for a brief moment, before the rest of the elite knights shout in complete, blind anger, charging and firing wildly at both of their leader's killers. They seem to completely forget about everything else, including Oroka, Hino, and the rest of the outside combatants.

A lone arrow seems to fly directly at the new arrival, before, mysteriously, it seems to stop in midair, re-angle itself, and shoot at the knight who fired it, landing directly into the man's right eye. He falls to the ground in painful spasms.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 10:17:01 pm by Sl4cker »
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

*WHAM!*

That is the sound of Oroka proceeding with her original plan of smacking one of the marksmen with her oar.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Gai rubs one of his new wounds. He inspects the blood with a scowl before sighing.
"You've gone and drawn blood. I'm sure you're all too incompetent to have read up on the word of Luna but there's a forfeit for drawing the blood of her disciples. I won't bore you with the details but that's your souls."
As Gai begins to glow the air around him gets even colder. The camera cuts back to the other group as he raises his sword, which now swirls with power.

kingboxz

• Bay Watcher
  • DEAD
    • View Profile

"That was bloody. Time to mop up I guess." Hino shoots the remaining knights in the back if they are still focused on Freya and the new arrival. If not still shoot them.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Chiyoko shrieks - well, perhaps in the current form, "bellows" is a better term - in pain as the holy blades rend her flesh. She goes for a desperate tactic: the energy used to manipulate and distort her body bursts outward in a shockwave that abruptly halts about two feet away, give or take, from Chiyoko, who's reverted to her normal lanky human form. She creates a boundary of force around her, dropping the earplugs she'd set up earlier, to give herself a bit of breathing room. Somewhat belatedly, she opens up a gap beneath Anima, dropping her into the barrier - it wouldn't be up nearly long enough for the girl to worry about oxygen deprivation.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Tomas wonders why the paladins are sending forces against a half-ally.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile

Bryn gives a wicked smile, "I can finally focus now since your device is shattered. Hunger of Nidhogg!" Bryn waves her magic staff towards the paladins, sending an all-consuming twilight beam towards them that  snakes around attempting to touch every enemy it can.

Bryn launches a wave of deadly dark magic into the crowd of paladins, but the beam is mostly absorbed by the armor of the first knight it impacts. The first two knights to be victims of the beam collapse in their armor which just couldn't quite ward away the demonic magic well enough, but by that time the magic has already died down by a significant amount, and does nothing meaningful to the rest of the knights it touches as their wards and sigils glow with a holy light.

"Guys...Im gunna let go.." Anima's eyes close and her teeth are set in pain her voice is a choked snarl and still very male. Anima isn't talking to the paladin's she's talking to the people who are fighting with her. They may not notice when the sword in her hand falls to the ground it's edge clangs and it shimmers changing back into the bunny it lays abandoned on the ground between Anima's feet. A moment of silence follows and all of a sudden there is a huge pillar of light reaching toward the paladins and Anima crouches in the middle her voice a high pitched scream so painful that it shakes her very soul.

Where the stuffed bunny fell, a pillar of light erupts, lashing out at all the nearby paladins. One by one, the light washes over every paladin remaining in the front row which has been pressuring the party, and they are all overwhelmed by the desperate attack. Runes blinked out, armor melted, and flesh was blasted to pieces by an onslaught of baleful energy. When the light finally faded, the entire rest of the front rank of paladins was dead, and Anima fell to the ground unconscious.

Chiyoko shrieks - well, perhaps in the current form, "bellows" is a better term - in pain as the holy blades rend her flesh. She goes for a desperate tactic: the energy used to manipulate and distort her body bursts outward in a shockwave that abruptly halts about two feet away, give or take, from Chiyoko, who's reverted to her normal lanky human form. She creates a boundary of force around her, dropping the earplugs she'd set up earlier, to give herself a bit of breathing room. Somewhat belatedly, she opens up a gap beneath Anima, dropping her into the barrier - it wouldn't be up nearly long enough for the girl to worry about oxygen deprivation.

Shrieking in pain, Chiyoko hastily changed forms and formed a shield which would keep out what remained of the holy knights. It didn't matter what kind of last stand they had prepared--they would not take her life, not today. The knights that had impaled Chiyoko were shoved back by the barrier, their weapons unable to penetrate it. Then, Chiyoko saw Anima, lying unconscious and vulnerable on the ground. Her time would not come today either. A rift opened beneath Anima, and her sleeping body flopped to the ground within Chiyoko's shield. The two were safe.

Tomas wonders why the paladins are sending forces against a half-ally.

As the tide of battle turned, Tomas couldn't help but wonder why these paladins had chosen to fight, specifically why they fought him. The battle raging on around him, Tomas eventually came to the conclusion that the Knights Templar were the worst, but not the only, example of the paladins' zeal. He had been associated with this party of demon-touched, and like the poor people of that village, this marked him a target, and there was no changing that.

Gai rubs one of his new wounds. He inspects the blood with a scowl before sighing.
"You've gone and drawn blood. I'm sure you're all too incompetent to have read up on the word of Luna but there's a forfeit for drawing the blood of her disciples. I won't bore you with the details but that's your souls."
As Gai begins to glow the air around him gets even colder. The camera cuts back to the other group as he raises his sword, which now swirls with power.

The air in the mausoleum grew icy cold, a blizzard of midwinter seemed to descend on the battlefield, and Ice rose, his cuts not bothering him at all, and began preparing his ultimate technique...
And it is at that point the camera cut away from the inside of the mausoleum, not to return until the battle was concluded.

Meanwhile, outside the mausoleum...

As Argus fell to the ground, the mysterious newcomer retracted his blade from the knight's back. As the knights became enraged, he shouted another order to the party of heroes,
"They're abandoning tactics! Quick, divide and conquer!"
With that, the man dashes towards one of the crossbowmen with supernatural speed, rears back and throws his sword straight at the holy knight. Surprisingly, the ebony blade flies straight into the face slit of the unfortunate knight's helm, piercing straight through the head. It is then that those watching the man notice a black chain attached to his sword that runs up the right sleeve of his coat. With a quick tug, the sword is retracted and returns to his hand, ready to be swung again.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Surrounded by enemies, Freya puts her hand to her waist once more, tapping the crystal that pulses with energy.
"Armored Gear......"
Suddenly, purple lines run throughout the seams of her armor. A pulsing noise rings out from her armor, rapidly increasing in speed and pitch, as the purple lines reach her head.

The enemies approach, getting too close for comfort. If she didn't move now, even her armor couldn't hold up that long; even if it did, it wasn't nearly enough space to fight.
".....Cast Off."
A violet flash covers Freya, surrounding her in light. Enemies that got too close would be hit hard by red-hot pieces of metal going at bullet-like speeds; the others would see the metal fading into silver motes of light as they left a certain radius. Whatever the case, Freya now has a free area around her, helped by the grass around her having been set aflame by the sheer energy released by her sudden transformation.

The flash fades away, revealing a slender young girl, her face still hidden by the front of what used to be her helmet. Long black hair flows behind her, catching the light with a metal sheen. Her skin is pale, standing out against the remaining pieces of black armor across her chest and from the waist down, as well as the black undersuit she wears. The purple crystals already on her body still remain, set by pieces of armor, now glowing with power. Finally, behind her, two rods of black metal protrude from the back of her body armor, four purple diamonds emerging from each rod forming odd, geometric wings. Esperanza shifts into Lancer Mode, as Freya flies up into the air, her purple wings leaving a trail of energy.

If anyone knew of Fuumo City or the wanted list that THORN had put out, there would be no doubt by now; this was Exceed Valkyrie Freya, the Champion of Fuumo City and killer of the Knight Yewfelle.

In other words, a massive threat.

She throws herself at another nearby paladin, thrusting Esperanza into him from above. The plan was simple; remain out of the crowd's reach and attack from above.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 04:29:31 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The knights seem completely undaunted by the new and powerful threats, rushing at Freya despite the danger of getting hit by heated metal. A single ranged unit (one of them killed quickly by Esperanza, bleeding out grey matter from the hole in his helmet) and one melee unit rush at her, seeking a kill. The spearman would be ripped up quickly, holding his shield up and trudging along, already bleeding. The crossbowmen would fire volley after volley at the valkyrie, sacrificing accuracy for speed.

Meanwhile, three spearmen strike at the new arrival, the melee units charging at him, thinking he's vulnerable from throwing his weapon. They're like a battering ram, ready to destroy through sheer weight. However, they seem to be pushed back, flat on their backs, clearly vulnerable. To compound this, their spears and shields seem to fly away, being thrown into the forest one by one by some invisible force.
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The bolts sail over her head or disintegrate at the touch of her wings, scarcely finding their mark as Freya flies around in the air. Switching Esperanza back into ranged mode, she slashes across the air, returning the favour of the bolts by throwing back a scything crescent of purple magic, perfectly sized to catch as many as possible with the attack.

While doing so, Freya continues evasive actions, returning attack for attack and attempting not to get hit; in Exceed Form, her greatest asset was speed.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*WHAM!*

That is the sound of Oroka proceeding with her original plan of smacking one of the marksmen with her oar.
She hits one. Their armor is still metallic in nature, and thus they ignore her.
The bolts sail over her head or disintegrate at the touch of her wings, scarcely finding their mark as Freya flies around in the air. Switching Esperanza back into ranged mode, she slashes across the air, returning the favour of the bolts by throwing back a scything crescent of purple magic, perfectly sized to catch as many as possible with the attack.

While doing so, Freya continues evasive actions, returning attack for attack and attempting not to get hit; in Exceed Form, her greatest asset was speed.
She manages it - the projectiles fired are predictable and easy to dodge. The crescent of magical energy slices up her two assailants, not quite killing them but certainly knocking them down for the count. She narrowly dodges a thrust from the spearmen, already bleeding simply from being near her.
carrot cakeu

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

The marksmen are choosing to ignore Oroka outright? This lapse in judgement would likely prove fatal.

Oroka used her weapon to disarm or at least imbalance one of the marksmen to deny them a chance to shoot at her, then struck through the slit in the helmet for the eyes with her pinky finger.

"Kashō hyōka"

An opponent choosing to regard Oroka as a non-threat would be exceptionally vulnerable to this attack. This one would almost certainly be fatal and even if it isn't, the damage it would cause to the eyes would surely be the end of the knights days as a marksmen.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

kingboxz

• Bay Watcher
  • DEAD
    • View Profile

Seeing as the knights are still focused on Freya, Hino keeps shooting, sending the bullets at the  suriviving melee knights.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Freya continues evasive manoeuvres, her mask still up to shield her from hits to the head as she meets bolt with magical blast and spear head with energy blade.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 51