Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 51

Author Topic: Cross ⭐ Reverse, AKA: Anime: the forum game ISSUE 3 ( IC, 9?/10 slots filled)  (Read 30334 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile

Bryn smiles at the knights, sending torrents of holy magic randomly at them and the Megaphone, "Isn't this just blasphemous? A lowly witch is using your precious Holy magic against you. Come on. Come strike me down already. What would your god think?" She watches the knights, waiting for them to get closer, Almost there. Just a few more steps...
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Gai doesn't keep still, insread he levitates up taking the pinner with him. He ices the paladin to the roof by the offending foot, leaving him with an affectionate kick to the head before leaping down at the paladins with his shield raised and sword poised to strike.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile

Hino unloads on Argus sending all the bullets straight for his head.
Freya's speed is not bad, even while wearing armor. However, her armored form made it difficult for her to evade a laser, especially at such close range, and deflecting it was not an option, not with how she was facing.

It hits her dead in the shoulder, staggering her for a second; her poise is perfect and in combination with the weight of her armor, allows her to remain on her feet.

The light sears her armor, burning a rapidly filling hole in her shoulder and knocking her aside briefly. The laser even sears the skin beneath, but she could already feel the regenerative implants mending her wounds with magic, knitting skin together, cauterising and reconnecting burned blood vessels and repairing damaged muscle with her own magic reserves, untapped into had it not been for the machinations of THORN. The spot still stung against the open air, before the Soul Metal that comprised her armor sparkled back into existence over the hole, a metallic gleam shining over it as the metal began to adapt to the thing that had penetrated it. Freya winces, though her helmet hid her face. All the troops see is someone taking their commander's weapon's attack dead-on without flinching.

Not for the first time, she was grateful for the modifications THORN had made to her, even if the original intent was rather darker and less beneficial.

She turns and faces Argus, turning Esperanza on him. Purple lightning sparks within the translucent blade at the end, as she prepares to charge. An audacious smirk could be imagined on her face, though only a confident smile flashes across it in reality.
"As you wish, I'm all yours."
Freya charges at him instead, returning the favour of being shot with her own scything blast of magic.
"Hmph. Beginners. UUOH! SHINE!" At his command, Argus' armor rapidly begins to glow and shimmer, before creating a small, golden bubble. It takes the bullets and wave of magical energy, cracking but holding, despite the clearly pained expression on the Leader's face.

His followers immediately spring into action, firing a volley of shots at Freya, along with two of the spearmen swiping at her in perfect synchronization, weapons glowing and humming with holy power.
As the Wyverns went down, Oroka says. "As planned, you only managed to get two of them!" A growl can be heard from behind the marksmen, and another Wyvern appears... Or more accurately a cardboard cutout of a wyvern popped up, and a tape recorder imitated its voice.

Oroka had bigger plans though. She crushes the mucus capsule in her hand and sprays it on the incoming attackers to catch them off-guard. Then with borderline supernatural speed she initiates combat with two weapons; the boat oar for the purpose of deflecting attacks. But for attacking...

"Kashō hyōka!" Oroka called out, as she proceeded to jab at the enemy knights with her finger in rapid succession. One would think at first that this would be woefully ineffective against metal armor... But this was no normal attack; it was one that drew power from every negative opinion that her opponent had towards Oroka. Unless these knights harbored a secret respect for this psychopathic demon-touched lady as opposed to a near single minded determination to rid the world of her and anyone like her, things were about to get bloody!
These knights aren't messing around, reacting when she sprays them in order to swing simultaneously, almost unnaturally so. Thus, they effectively cover up themselves from the speedy attack. They are very prepared to face threats much more powerful than them, through sheer virtue of numbers.
Silence. Then, a monotone, robotic-sounding voice sounds from next to the figure. "More than just paladins. Demontouched. Paladins outnumber, obviously. Knights have them on the ropes. Lack cohesion."
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Freya swings Esperanza around to parry the incoming spears,  her armor barely even denting from their shots. With some effort, she pushes the spearmen back, flicking Esperanza back into Lancer Mode and bracing herself, seemingly preparing for a defensive fight.

She suddenly crouches downwards, leaving an opening for her sharpshooting ally to aim directly at his head, now that he's standing still in the perfect belief that his shield will protect him and now that all of his followers are focused on her.
"Hino, you have an opening on his head. Fire!"
Before Argus can react, Freya, having braced herself on the ground, thrusts her spear upwards into his chest.....and one of the cracks within his shield. If Hino's shot didn't get him, Esperanza's blade would.

Of course, it paid to make sure.
"Esperanza! Vent Release!"
The spear seems to respond with a series of robotic jittering sounds, before a surge of energy runs down the length of the spear and into the blade. The blade was now temporarily stronger- by temporarily, it would be good for one attack.

One attack, of course, was all she needed. At least, that was the idea.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Chiyoko drops herself out of the situation quite literally, opening a rift up beneath her feet. Its destination? Right over the heads of the knights encroaching upon the three group members still situated together. She swings her weapon more as a way to ward off the strikes inevitably aimed at her than to actually hit her enemies; her weight in this form should do the trick.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Amoris Veneneum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anima though in a tight situation is still laughing. "All these bodies, all this blood." She's almost singing her voice is still that of an older male and she swings her blade humming not afraid of striking whatever stands in her way.

kingboxz

• Bay Watcher
  • DEAD
    • View Profile

"Damn it." Hino then decides to keep his focus on the shield cracking it further.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 08:19:01 pm by kingboxz »

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile

Silence. Then, a monotone, robotic-sounding voice sounds from next to the figure. "More than just paladins. Demontouched. Paladins outnumber, obviously. Knights have them on the ropes. Lack cohesion."
So the paladins are under attack? This might be just what we need...
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile

Freya swings Esperanza around to parry the incoming spears,  her armor barely even denting from their shots. With some effort, she pushes the spearmen back, flicking Esperanza back into Lancer Mode and bracing herself, seemingly preparing for a defensive fight.

She suddenly crouches downwards, leaving an opening for her sharpshooting ally to aim directly at his head, now that he's standing still in the perfect belief that his shield will protect him and now that all of his followers are focused on her.
"Hino, you have an opening on his head. Fire!"
Before Argus can react, Freya, having braced herself on the ground, thrusts her spear upwards into his chest.....and one of the cracks within his shield. If Hino's shot didn't get him, Esperanza's blade would.

Of course, it paid to make sure.
"Esperanza! Vent Release!"
The spear seems to respond with a series of robotic jittering sounds, before a surge of energy runs down the length of the spear and into the blade. The blade was now temporarily stronger- by temporarily, it would be good for one attack.

One attack, of course, was all she needed. At least, that was the idea.
At this, his shield breaks entirely. He spurts blood from his mouth as the spear penetrates metal, skin, muscle and bone, penetrating his body.

Despite this, Argus weakly raises his sniper rifle... not at Freya, however.

At one of the knights.

The shot penetrates through the slit in the knight's helmet, with the human inside falling to the ground, almost acceptant. The armor of the newly-made corpse shudders, before releasing steam with a hot, simmering sound. This steam then flies at the elderly paladin, and instantly his muscles seem to grow, his eyes seem to burn with a yellow light, and, with a grunt and a flex, the spear in his chest would dissipate, though, as he jumps back, it likely regenerates.

"I must admit, shitstain," he says, rapidly regenerating from the hole in his chest. "This isn't something every one of your rotten kind gets to see. This is the power of Cross Martyrdom, a sacred technique that sacrifices another for temporary power." His hand bursts into white light at this, as if to illustrate his point. "By killing my own men, I become strong enough to take you down. Not bad for a 'feeble mortal', eh? And even if you wait until my power boost runs out, all my men are prepared to die for me. You're fucked, kid." He fires a blast of holy energy which, though only striking the ground at Freya's feet, and thus only lightly injuring her, is enough to knock her a ways away.

The other knights, though still in battle-ready positions, almost seem to be laughing.
So the paladins are under attack? This might be just what we need...
A quiet nod. "Shall I throw you?"
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Freya pulls herself to her feet, Esperanza returning to sword form. Her glare is intense and the aura around her fierce.
"I think not. If you're going to gain power.....then it's hardly fair if I don't too."
She begins to reach for the purple crystal embedded in her waist. Anything that could detect energy could detect a lot of it, gathering within the very person of Freya herself.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

For the first time in a while, Oroka didn't see the need to say anything. As no particular misfortune has befallen her it simply wasn't the time to utilize the p-word.

Oroka decides its time to disengage and put her speed to better use. She makes two swift jumps backwards then uses her oar to pole-vault above the knights, as she does she begins to spin the pole again and when she lands the is spinning the pole directly in front of her and sprinting forwards, then turns her focus upon the marksman who appeared less prepared for a melee attack. She takes a moment to reposition herself so that none of the marksmen are behind her and charges directly at a single one. With her weapon spinning the way it is, their normal ammunition would be rendered completely ineffective. Taking things a bit more seriously now, Oroka was only going to strike at one for the moment, with a wide strike with the oar aimed at the head.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

kingboxz

• Bay Watcher
  • DEAD
    • View Profile

FUCK, FUCK, FUCK!!!!! HINO shifts all focus to killing the mooks. Specifically the crossbow mooks, aiming at their hands seeking to disable them.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 09:14:20 pm by kingboxz »

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile

Bryn smiles at the knights, sending torrents of holy magic randomly at them and the Megaphone, "Isn't this just blasphemous? A lowly witch is using your precious Holy magic against you. Come on. Come strike me down already. What would your god think?" She watches the knights, waiting for them to get closer, Almost there. Just a few more steps...

The knights continue to advance towards Bryn, but there is no rage in their movements. They continue to step closer, a flurry of weapons swinging down continually at Bryn from all sides, though they cannot stop her from overloading the megaphone-like device. Soon, under the assault of holy energy, the device explodes in a flash of blinding light. This brings a searing pain to all the demon-touched in the mausoleum, but before long the feeling passes, and the painful chanting is now much quieter, manageable even, as the only source of the chant is the voices of the paladins themselves.

Gai doesn't keep still, insread he levitates up taking the pinner with him. He ices the paladin to the roof by the offending foot, leaving him with an affectionate kick to the head before leaping down at the paladins with his shield raised and sword poised to strike.

Weapons graze at Gai, leaving him with several shallow cuts, but within seconds Gai is beyond the reach of the paladins, with one of them in tow. Seconds later, the paladin is iced to the ceiling, hanging helplessly and rubbing an aching head. As Gai dives into the crowd, however, the paladins are prepared for an attack from above, their weapons raised skyward to recieve him, and while Gai manages to block many strikes and stab straight into the slit of one knight's helmet, there are too many weapons to defend against, and Gai recieves yet more cuts from the paladins below.

Chiyoko drops herself out of the situation quite literally, opening a rift up beneath her feet. Its destination? Right over the heads of the knights encroaching upon the three group members still situated together. She swings her weapon more as a way to ward off the strikes inevitably aimed at her than to actually hit her enemies; her weight in this form should do the trick.

Chiyoko's slam attack proves deadly, and she crushes no less than three paladins on the way down, rendering them all out of commission, but so many more managed to raise their weapons and evade her deflecting swings. Holy weapons pierce into her enormous form from every angle, the holy magic suffusing them stinging horribly. Chiyoko is left with several kills, but at least as many deep cuts which ache with holy energy.

Anima though in a tight situation is still laughing. "All these bodies, all this blood." She's almost singing her voice is still that of an older male and she swings her blade humming not afraid of striking whatever stands in her way.

Anima recklessly attacks the encroaching hordes, managing to strike into a gap in the warding runes on one knight's armor and leave his weapon arm maimed beyond usefulness. The opposing knights, however, are able to keep up with her strikes and a spear impales straight through her left arm, holy energy stinging like nothing else she had felt before. It was only her off hand, but it had been maimed beyond usefulness; how ironic.

The knights within the mausoleum continue their onslaught, managing to harm Gai, Anima and Chiyoko as the space available for the heroes grows ever smaller. Silvered weapons swing at the heroes from all directions, forcing them to dodge constantly. They are left with little breathing room, and the knights show no signs of stopping attacking, while the unit which split off to attack Chiyoko rushes into the fray.

A quiet nod. "Shall I throw you?"
Meanwhile, outside the mausoleum...

Suddenly, with no warning, a man dressed in all black with a crimson scarf and a long coat shoots through the air at incredible speed and smashes weapon-first into Argus' back. With a sickening crunch of shattering bone and metal, an ebony-black blade pierces through Argus' chest, leaving him stunned and horribly impaled. It's a wonder the force of the impact only staggers him, as opposed to bowling him over instantly. The mysterious stranger who attacked Argus shouts to the valkyrie before him,

"Decapitate him, you idiot! He can't sacrifice his men if he's already dead!"
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 02:53:14 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Freya doesn't react to the insult, instead running straight at Argus, aiming her blade. No argument here; this man needed to be stopped.

With a roar, she swings Esperanza into Argus' neck to finish him off.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile

Bryn gives a wicked mile, "I can finally focus now since your device is shattered. Hunger of Nidhogg!" Bryn waves her magic staff towards the paladins, sending an all-consuming twilight beam towards them that  snakes around attempting to touch every enemy it can.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 09:42:58 pm by Sanure »
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 51