Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 51

Author Topic: Cross ⭐ Reverse, AKA: Anime: the forum game ISSUE 3 ( IC, 9?/10 slots filled)  (Read 30317 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Chiyoko jams her blade into the ground before herself and rubs her hands together. "Alright, this is actually going to be entertaining. Let's go, boys." As she finishes her sentence, she's wreathed in a sphere of roiling darkness for a moment, starting at a size that completely encapsulates her and growing to around twice that height. When she comes out, she's literally bullheaded, if a bull had malevolent red-violet orbs for eyes and shifting shadows for skin. She picks up her weapon in one hand, and swings it in an arc at the halberds, knocking them aside as she rushes into their formation. Or so one would think - as soon as she takes the running swing at the weapons, she vanishes into a rift in space, only to reappear directly behind the group as her weapon reaches the apex of its arc.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 05:49:18 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile

"Avoiding my attacks. Okay, I just won't attack you then." Holy magic begins to circle around her staff as she aims for the megaphone the knights are using. She recites a quick passage and lets lose her holy magic, "Holy Art: Shining Bamboo Cutter!" With her reciting done, several radiant poles of divine magic erupt from the air around her, all aimed at the Megaphone.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Amoris Veneneum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anima looks puzzled at the ranks," This is what were fighting? Shit I should have pissed myself!" She says laughing crazily her blade erupts into white flames and she rushes forward the blade in front of her creating a wall of flame between her and anyone standing in her way.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 11:31:02 am by Amoris Veneneum »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Arrows and bolts alike clang off Freya's armor as she turns around. The workmanship of THORN in that regard was unparalleled; even firearms would take concentrated fire to pierce through her armor, and to break through it with explosives would necessitate the kind used in destroying bunkers at extremely close range. Even then, of course, the armor would be more likely to be dented than broken.

All of that, of course, was before the fact that the armor reacted to her will and could repair itself.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand.

Freya charges at the line, extending her sword out to her side, leaving a trail of purple energy that disintegrates the incoming projectiles.
"Esperanza: Lancer Mode, initiate."
Her sword suddenly changes shape, silver particles forming in the air beyond the pommel of the hilt and solidifying into an extended hilt, flickering with purple energy. The armored valkyrie continues charging forwards, swinging her now-transformed spear to her front. She charges directly, not at the person with the sniper rifle, but at one of the vulnerable-looking frontline pikemen. She points Esperanza forward, twisting at the pommel as the two projectors attached to the crossguard expand outwards, turning the blade into a rectangular spade akin to that of a meat cleaver.

With a short, fierce roar, Freya blasts the unfortunate troops in front of her with scything blades of magical energy, forcing them to retreat or be cut into shreds.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

"We don't need no stinking demon's blood to win! Feel our souls that jam in harmony, baby!"

Flamenco jams out, playing as loud as he can. The vibrations from his sweet tunes are palpable and start drowning out the paladin's chant. If you squint, you could swear you start seeing little purple " "'s appear around him

At the same time his stand, Star Purple, phases into existance behind the ranged paladins. He attacks with all four of his fists, hammering at the paladin's backs like a machinegun going off. The blows are inpossibly fast and inhumanly strong, able to pulvarize stone. When the paladins realize he's there, he simple phases out of existance and reappears when he's got a blind spot where he can attack from.

kingboxz

• Bay Watcher
  • DEAD
    • View Profile

"Nice gun. I'll take it off your corpse." Hino then begin firing at Argus redirecting the bullets towards weak points in the knights armor.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

(Oroka switches to Serious mode. Or at least as Serious as Oroka gets)

Oroka twirls her Boat Oar in front of her at a high speed to deflect the incoming arrows. She observes the movements of her enemies and prepares to counterattack any knight which gets into striking range. One of her spare mucus capsules from earlier is concealed in her sleeve, which she intends to splatter an opponent with to catch them off guard.

As always, Oroka has a you-know-what. "I knew you would prepare an ambush here, so I planned an ambush of my own!" Oroka then puts one of her hands to her mouth and makes a loud whistling noise, and two large white-colored winged reptiles come into view. "Albino Jungle Wyverns aren't native to this continent, but if you provide a hatchling with a scent, it'll travel just about anywhere once it hits maturity. They have no reservations against feeding on humans. Unless of course, said humans smell of their own excretions~"

Oroka walks towards pulls out what appears to be a spray bottle containing an unfortunate yellow liquid, spritzes herself a bit and then moves towards her allies, with the lucky exception of the unpalatable Flamenco Jotaro and Star Purple. Any objections she might hear will get a response along the lines of "Sorry, can't hear you"
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Freya, of course, was smart enough to steer clear of the main body of her allies. There's no point in weakening the enemy front line from the path of most resistance, after all.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile

Arrows and bolts alike clang off Freya's armor as she turns around. The workmanship of THORN in that regard was unparalleled; even firearms would take concentrated fire to pierce through her armor, and to break through it with explosives would necessitate the kind used in destroying bunkers at extremely close range. Even then, of course, the armor would be more likely to be dented than broken.

All of that, of course, was before the fact that the armor reacted to her will and could repair itself.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand.

Freya charges at the line, extending her sword out to her side, leaving a trail of purple energy that disintegrates the incoming projectiles.
"Esperanza: Lancer Mode, initiate."
Her sword suddenly changes shape, silver particles forming in the air beyond the pommel of the hilt and solidifying into an extended hilt, flickering with purple energy. The armored valkyrie continues charging forwards, swinging her now-transformed spear to her front. She charges directly, not at the person with the sniper rifle, but at one of the vulnerable-looking frontline pikemen. She points Esperanza forward, twisting at the pommel as the two projectors attached to the crossguard expand outwards, turning the blade into a rectangular spade akin to that of a meat cleaver.

With a short, fierce roar, Freya blasts the unfortunate troops in front of her with scything blades of magical energy, forcing them to retreat or be cut into shreds.
They hold their shields up, fully expecting the attack to be blocked. As in turns out, the non-demonic nature makes the blast go through, albeit with just a bit of difficulty. Most of the knights are injured, but Argus raises an eyebrow at her.

"Well, well. Either we got ourselves a non-demon, or a damn strong one. Either way - you're mine." For a gun of that size, he holds it up surprisingly swiftly, firing a blast of light directly at the armored warrior.
"We don't need no stinking demon's blood to win! Feel our souls that jam in harmony, baby!"

Flamenco jams out, playing as loud as he can. The vibrations from his sweet tunes are palpable and start drowning out the paladin's chant. If you squint, you could swear you start seeing little purple " "'s appear around him

At the same time his stand, Star Purple, phases into existance behind the ranged paladins. He attacks with all four of his fists, hammering at the paladin's backs like a machinegun going off. The blows are inpossibly fast and inhumanly strong, able to pulvarize stone. When the paladins realize he's there, he simple phases out of existance and reappears when he's got a blind spot where he can attack from.
They're too far away to materialize the close-ranged Stand.
"Nice gun. I'll take it off your corpse." Hino then begin firing at Argus redirecting the bullets towards weak points in the knights armor.
They, being as preoccupied as they are with Freya, can't hold their shields up in time, and Hino gets some decent shots in, pretty heavily injuring one of them.
(Oroka switches to Serious mode. Or at least as Serious as Oroka gets)

Oroka twirls her Boat Oar in front of her at a high speed to deflect the incoming arrows. She observes the movements of her enemies and prepares to counterattack any knight which gets into striking range. One of her spare mucus capsules from earlier is concealed in her sleeve, which she intends to splatter an opponent with to catch them off guard.

As always, Oroka has a you-know-what. "I knew you would prepare an ambush here, so I planned an ambush of my own!" Oroka then puts one of her hands to her mouth and makes a loud whistling noise, and two large white-colored winged reptiles come into view. "Albino Jungle Wyverns aren't native to this continent, but if you provide a hatchling with a scent, it'll travel just about anywhere once it hits maturity. They have no reservations against feeding on humans. Unless of course, said humans smell of their own excretions~"

Oroka walks towards pulls out what appears to be a spray bottle containing an unfortunate yellow liquid, spritzes herself a bit and then moves towards her allies, with the lucky exception of the unpalatable Flamenco Jotaro and Star Purple. Any objections she might hear will get a response along the lines of "Sorry, can't hear you"
None of the knights get into melee range. Seeing the wyverns, the marksmen level their crossbows at them and fire. They hit most of them dead-on, dispatching the ill-defined beasts. However, this buys the party some time to not get themselves shot...
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

kingboxz

• Bay Watcher
  • DEAD
    • View Profile

Hino unloads on Argus sending all the bullets straight for his head.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile

(snip)
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Freya's speed is not bad, even while wearing armor. However, her armored form made it difficult for her to evade a laser, especially at such close range, and deflecting it was not an option, not with how she was facing.

It hits her dead in the shoulder, staggering her for a second; her poise is perfect and in combination with the weight of her armor, allows her to remain on her feet.

The light sears her armor, burning a rapidly filling hole in her shoulder and knocking her aside briefly. The laser even sears the skin beneath, but she could already feel the regenerative implants mending her wounds with magic, knitting skin together, cauterising and reconnecting burned blood vessels and repairing damaged muscle with her own magic reserves, untapped into had it not been for the machinations of THORN. The spot still stung against the open air, before the Soul Metal that comprised her armor sparkled back into existence over the hole, a metallic gleam shining over it as the metal began to adapt to the thing that had penetrated it. Freya winces, though her helmet hid her face. All the troops see is someone taking their commander's weapon's attack dead-on without flinching.

Not for the first time, she was grateful for the modifications THORN had made to her, even if the original intent was rather darker and less beneficial.

She turns and faces Argus, turning Esperanza on him. Purple lightning sparks within the translucent blade at the end, as she prepares to charge. An audacious smirk could be imagined on her face, though only a confident smile flashes across it in reality.
"As you wish, I'm all yours."
Freya charges at him instead, returning the favour of being shot with her own scything blast of magic.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 06:30:10 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

As the Wyverns went down, Oroka says. "As planned, you only managed to get two of them!" A growl can be heard from behind the marksmen, and another Wyvern appears... Or more accurately a cardboard cutout of a wyvern popped up, and a tape recorder imitated its voice.

Oroka had bigger plans though. She crushes the mucus capsule in her hand and sprays it on the incoming attackers to catch them off-guard. Then with borderline supernatural speed she initiates combat with two weapons; the boat oar for the purpose of deflecting attacks. But for attacking...

"Kashō hyōka!" Oroka called out, as she proceeded to jab at the enemy knights with her finger in rapid succession. One would think at first that this would be woefully ineffective against metal armor... But this was no normal attack; it was one that drew power from every negative opinion that her opponent had towards Oroka. Unless these knights harbored a secret respect for this psychopathic demon-touched lady as opposed to a near single minded determination to rid the world of her and anyone like her, things were about to get bloody!
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Tomas is still trying to intercept attacks, quite possibly getting in the way of the pokes.  As it happens, they are merely exasperated that everyone is still fighting.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile

"That's nice and all, but you'll need to hit us with the pointy ends first."
With that, Gai begins to brazenly charge into the halberds, and seems intent upon impaling himself on them until he drops to the ground and slides into the halberdier in front of him. He's assisted by the ice, which allows him to slide without losing momentum.

The paladins are taken off guard by Gai's sudden moves, and the front rank fails to repel him. However, the back ranks were prepared, and manage to stop Gai in his slide, leaving him lying on the ground surrounded by paladins with their weapons pointed down and ready to thrust at him. The nearest paladin is attempting to pin Gai down with an armored foot.

"Can we not just get along?!

Wait, they what?!"

Tomas is trying to defend everybody from everybody.

The chaos is overwhelming Tomas, and it becomes difficult to defend anybody. Before long, the knights begin to stop attacking Tomas, realizing he is not fighting back, and a few paladins break off and begin pressuring him, forcing him to use all his defensive prowess to defend himself.

Chiyoko jams her blade into the ground before herself and rubs her hands together. "Alright, this is actually going to be entertaining. Let's go, boys." As she finishes her sentence, she's wreathed in a sphere of roiling darkness for a moment, starting at a size that completely encapsulates her and growing to around twice that height. When she comes out, she's literally bullheaded, if a bull had malevolent red-violet orbs for eyes and shifting shadows for skin. She picks up her weapon in one hand, and swings it in an arc at the halberds, knocking them aside as she rushes into their formation. Or so one would think - as soon as she takes the running swing at the weapons, she vanishes into a rift in space, only to reappear directly behind the group as her weapon reaches the apex of its arc.

Chiyoko's attack catches the waves of paladins off guard, and her blade viciously impacts a paladin in the back row, who falls to the ground unconscious with a nasty dent in their armor. However, after the first strike, the back row of paladins turns around and begins attempting to encircle Chiyoko, weapons raised to strike at her. Chiyoko has willingly separated herself from the group.

"Avoiding my attacks. Okay, I just won't attack you then." Holy magic begins to circle around her staff as she aims for the megaphone the knights are using. She recites a quick passage and lets lose her holy magic, "Holy Art: Shining Bamboo Cutter!" With her reciting done, several radiant poles of divine magic erupt from the air around her, all aimed at the Megaphone.

The knights are taken by surprise at Bryn's use of holy magic, but seem only infuriated by her misuse of holy might. Holy arts were not something the knights had prepared for, but the paladins are staring intensely at Bryn, advancing towards her more aggressively than the rest of the party. Nothing to impede them, the shafts of holy light impact the megaphone-like device, causing it to surge with power, but the chanting becomes only slightly more painful. Could it be the orb is being overloaded...?

Anima looks puzzled at the ranks," This is what were fighting? Shit I should have pissed myself!" She says laughing crazily her blade erupts into white flames and she rushes forward the blade in front of her creating a wall of flame between her and anyone standing in her way.

The knights continue to advance, apparently unimpressed by Anima's fire trick, and they walk fearlessly into the wall of fire Anima has conjured. Nonetheless, they seem somewhat suprised to find that the flame is nothing more than an illusion. Whether or not they fell for Anima's bluff doesn't matter, it didn't work either way, and Anima is now dangerously close to a large group of knights with demonslaying weapons.

The paladins encroach ever closer to the five heroes,weapons swinging left and right at Brynhilde in particular. There is getting to be less and less space to dodge, the battlefield becoming quite claustrophobic, with Chiyoko and Gai each separately surrounded, and Anima, Bryn and Tomas under a huge amount of pressure.

Meanwhile, some distance from the battle, a mysterious figure peeks out from the bushes and watches the blur of the distant struggle.
Something's up... The knights are all over the place, and they're running around like crazy. I can't tell from here... What do you make of it?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 08:07:08 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 51