Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 51

Author Topic: Cross ⭐ Reverse, AKA: Anime: the forum game ISSUE 3 ( IC, 9?/10 slots filled)  (Read 30263 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Gai looks confused. He shakes his head as he looks about.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

"Hold on a moment... Hey, try plugging your ears. I think this effect is actually sound-based."
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

"What the hell. . .? Everything has a boundary, we would have had to have crossed it. . ." Chiyoko mutters to herself as she searches for a better solution. It still hurt, even if she didn't feel like running and screaming away - which was new in and of itself, she rarely felt afraid of anything. She focused again - could she create a border around herself that rejected the effect? Failing that, one that reflected foreign influences entirely? Though that would be risky to put up for too long; it would effectively starve her. . .

At the suggestion, she does try plugging her ears. It'd help concentrate, at least.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile

"Does anyone else hear the chanting?" Bryn begins to make her way closer, trying to hear more of the chant.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Amoris Veneneum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anima's bunny had climbed up and sat down on her head putting it's paws over her ears. It lessens the pain and she looks around knowing there is only a couple minutes before the potion wears off and the only thing that protects her is bunny. "Yes, It's faint but I can hear it."

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile

Once Chiyoko plugs her ears, it seems to lessen the effect. From this, it seems to be pretty clear-cut what's going on -

The effect is sound-based.
"Does anyone else hear the chanting?" Bryn begins to make her way closer, trying to hear more of the chant.
As she gets closer and closer, the pain starts coming back, though still adequately stifled by the potion.

"We... the hammer!... spear in His... We are... His fist!..."
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

She sighs irritably. Of course it was that simple; she'd thought over the scope of the problem again. She erected a simple barrier over each of her ears, intended to keep out that specific sound but probably encompassing a bit more than that in her hastiness.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile

It's hard to hear much, but she's effectively managed to stifle the sound.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

With that, she proceeds forward, keeping her oversized blade ready.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile

"Sounds like a cult. " Bryn summons her staff and recounts her time with the old paladin. She actively tries to remember if he had taught her anything about demon cults. She gets closer to the chanting as well, attempting to get a clearer picture on it.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

"Perhaps a non-verbal method of communication would be in order" said Oroka as she rubbed the mucus over her ears a bit better, not waiting for her companions to actually finish talking prior to saying that, possibly because of the aforementioned mucus in her ears.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gai scratches his chin as he listens to the others.
"I mean, wouldn't it make more sense for it to not effect you guys if it was a demon cult?"

Amoris Veneneum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anima though in pain stands next to Bryn. She holds a long silver blade that is three times her size. Her eyes have taken on a sinister gaze and the bunny over her head is missing," Doesn't matter...Gotta stop them."

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile

"Relax guys. I've planned for this."

Oroko pulls out a tiny capsule from her pocket, lifts it above her head and then squeezes it. A sticky yellow sludge-like substance covers her body and clothing, the volume of the fluid far exceeding what the capsule appears to be capable of holding...

"Mucus from an Albino Jungle Wyvern. Those critters are impervious to all kinds of tricks like this, and when covered in this stuff so too am I! I will warn you that extended exposure to water will wash this stuff right out, so be careful of that."

Oroka then takes out a couple more capsules.

"And I brought enough for everyone!"

"But that stuff will get rid of all my static! How else will I shock people?"
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Wait. I think I've heard of this. One of the leaders has this megaphone thing that he has people chant into and it hurts demons. Now, which of us does that describe..."
Gai scratches his chin.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 51