Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries: In Production  (Read 14227 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries: Announced!
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2017, 02:18:17 pm »

The simpler reason is because you'd soon run out of ways to make clan and IS distinct.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2017, 03:11:04 pm »

That's true, but in the ~50 in game years since that period, all Inner Sphere technology remains inferior to clan designs in terms of some combination of any or all of: damage, range, heat, weight, displacement. There's no reason an IS ER Medium Laser in 3139 should do less damage at a shorter range then a clan design that they've had direct access to for 80 years.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2017, 03:54:22 pm »

They wasted all that time fielding like three times more mechs on the tabletop.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2017, 11:57:36 pm »

That's true, but in the ~50 in game years since that period, all Inner Sphere technology remains inferior to clan designs in terms of some combination of any or all of: damage, range, heat, weight, displacement. There's no reason an IS ER Medium Laser in 3139 should do less damage at a shorter range then a clan design that they've had direct access to for 80 years.

Isn't mixtech super common by that time? Like the IS aren't going to upgrade their crappy ISERML when they can just get a CERML instead, in the same way they didn't upgrade single heatsinks because DHS exists.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2017, 01:43:51 am »

Not too common, if I look at mechs and varients on Sarna.net. But that's sort of my point - IS ER Medium Lasers should be just as good as Clan ER Medium Lasers that they've been actively dealing with, taking apart, and outright buying from the merchant clans by this point. It's a form of artificial Medieval Stasis that baffles and annoys me given that the IS has plenty of contact with the Clans and their equipment by this point in the fluff, including having destroyed multiple Clans and (presumably) looted their factories and research facilities, traded with the trading Clans, and having secured gigatons of battlefield salvage.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2017, 08:21:22 am »

PTW
It's FEF, not FEOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2017, 09:13:09 am »

You don't talk about the BattleTech economy.

Just pretend it's like MW and MC where IS merc units are running lances of omnis a year into the Invasion. Kappa.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2017, 02:32:25 pm »

Polygon has a new article on the game. Even has 10 minutes of gameplay footage!
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2017, 05:46:04 pm »

Not looking too shabby for a demo. Looking forward to how this ends up shaking out in the end.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2017, 09:12:49 pm »

I don't know if this is a common Mechwarrior thing but is it just me or was the player mech suspiciously over-resilient in that demo? It just seemed to weather absolutely everything fired at it while taking no realm harm, while in my BT experience shadowhawks go up like Roman Candles under concentrated fire
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2017, 09:24:09 pm »

Nah, it should have died pretty quick. I'm assuming they buffed it up for the demo reel to show things off. I think it was running around with one leg blown off, so maybe it was just ignoring the damage?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2017, 02:26:00 am »

Nah, by the end it had lost pretty much all its armor, but both legs were still there. it did lose the right arm, and the medium laser stopped working (not that he ever used anything besides the autocannon and SRM-2 the whole time I was watching...). They were definitely cheating on the ammo, since all weapons started with a thousand shots, and I'm pretty sure the Atlas never fired on the mech for example.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2017, 03:01:58 am »

The medium laser was actually being used pretty consistently, it's just an almost invisible green line (comes from lower right).

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2017, 02:38:05 pm »

I imagine they tanked it up a bit - they wouldn't want to show a demo where the player died immediately. I also imagine they'll buff the player generally, for most FPSs the player is way stronger than random goons.

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9