Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: World Building Game  (Read 4602 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: World Building Game
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2016, 12:40:48 am »

New god: "The god of many faces" "the god that changes" "The god of one thousands desires"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

New magical item: The Blades of Void+50

New magic creature: Screamer Voice +50

New magical place: The Infinite Maze +50

First race: The Juveralt + 50

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
50 +50 +50+50
200/1000 spent
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2016, 11:20:05 am »

I'd be willing to step in if OP doesn't show up or would prefer to hand it off. Been itching to do some writing recently.
I'd be fine with this.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2016, 01:02:20 pm »

I'd be willing to step in if OP doesn't show up or would prefer to hand it off. Been itching to do some writing recently.
I'd be fine with this.

I'd be ok with this. I've been really busy the last week, and so if someone wants to take it over, that would be fine.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2016, 02:25:15 pm »

God: The Maw, giant worm God of consumption and violence.(free)

Continent: Mutrias, a massive expanse of deserts, mesas, and crags, with a few small but lush jungles scattered about, a small forested mountain range in the southwestern region, and bisected unevenly by a large river, whose tributaries flow through a few of the jungles, these jungles consist entirely of mundane plant and animal life.(for now anyway)(100)

Epic monster: The Maw, physical body of the previously mentioned god, if somehow killed, a new one will form 100 years later. Lives in five massive craters around the Mutrias, four on the corners of the continent, and one dead center, surrounded by a large jungle.
Spoiler: looks like this (click to show/hide)
(200)

First race: Jägers, human like in appearance, but with sharp inch long claws, even longer and sharper teeth, incredible strength and durability, varyingly colored skin, an incredibly powerful nose, and skilled in all things violence. They inhabit the jungles and the nearby areas of deserts on Mutrias and actively worship the Maw, none die of old age yet, but many live more than a hundred years, usually dying in combat in the following decades.(50)

Special event: The Maws Challenge, once every 100 years, the Maw will call the names of the five greatest fighters on the planet at the time, the Jägers will be sent to contact these individuals, and if the individuals so choose, which at least two always will, they will be brought to the central crater of Mutrias, to battle each other to the death, given 12 hours to prepare and access to any items they choose to bring(provided it can be lifted by a combined force of no more than 10 Jägers and is owned by the challenger, so even some siege weaponry is an option). However they are not allowed any assistance otherwise, the losers are devoured by the Maw, and their very souls destroyed, the winner becomes the Maws champion.(50[or at least, the price seems reasonable to me])
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 09:31:49 pm by Failbird105 »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2016, 12:40:12 am »

I'd be fine with this.

I'd be ok with this. I've been really busy the last week, and so if someone wants to take it over, that would be fine.

All right then, here goes.

I think I'll have to do my first update in chunks, since there's getting to be a pretty big backlog. Let's continue what we kinda have and say two ages at a time.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2016, 01:21:06 am »

The Third Era:

A humble forge appears at the base of a volcano on Ignis, marking the beginning of the Third Era. The smith who inhabits it is short and hardy, of a race which is entirely foreign to this world.

Sankis watches from the windows of his forge, observing the first stirrings of his new world. Though he lacks work, he is content to be the sole thinking being on Ignis. Perhaps he will witness the births of others.

Meanwhile, Ayuc continues to blossom. The Crown of Council, an artifact which holds memories of its previous wearers, is created. It is first found by a Bearman , who believes it to be nothing but a clingy bauble.

The next to wear the crown is the Bearman’s orphaned daughter, the only member of their tribe to survive a battle with the Trohnak. Her father’s imprint helps her to find safety, and the artifact is passed on to her own child after a long, fruitful life. Though the Bearmen do not truly understand the significance of the crown, its wearers’ inherited experience and skills do command respect.

A fifth people, known as the Huntsmen begin to establish themselves. They are shapeshifters, capable of transforming into a likeness of their first kill. This leads to complex rites of passage, in which an adolescent Huntsman will prove themselves by creating weapons with which to take down some dangerous beast. Occasionally, a doubleshifter will be born, gifted with a second transformation and cursed with a short life. After a few embarrassing incidents with rodents, the Huntsmen begin to ensure that their second kills are useful as well.

The Fourth Era:

The continent of Forias rises from the waves, and a goddess descends from the sky to meet it. The two become as one, joining to form a land which is alive in and of itself.

The goddess’ power pools in the earth, forming a great golden seed. With a mighty unfurling and a surge of arcane power, the colossal tree known as Eden is formed. Its roots draw magical energy from the earth, carrying it to the tree the continent above.

Forans are the first race to inhabit this fertile ground. They are an adaptable, vibrant people, gifted in both intelligence and magical might. They are eager to learn, and turn first to the art of magic.

Though magic had previously been restricted to the abilities of monsters and the crystals of the stone folk, organized systems and methodologies have begun to blossom alongside the new continent.

First is the Shadow Image, which allows those who know and have mastered themselves to solidify their shadows, reshape them, and take control of them after death. However, those who have undergone the last process rarely keep the entirety of their mind, giving Wraiths a reputation for insanity and violence.

Next is enchanting, with which practitioners may use to create items of power. Living beings may also be enchanted, but at a steep price: The enchanter's own life force. Forans, given their proximity to Eden, quickly use it to create marvels of magic: Intelligent weapons, infinite pantries, and a staff which controls ice are but a few. Bearmen have also taken up the craft, although at a lesser level.

Bodyifying emerges at roughly the same time, a strange mutation-inducing magic. It is a favorite of the lying race, for it can be used to disguise one’s face with relative ease. Huntsmen also tend to have a knack for it, likely due to their innate shapeshifting abilities.

Finally, spirit shamanism is born, a ritualistic art which may be used to call upon embodiments of magic and nature. Bearmen use it in conjunction with enchanting to bind spirits within items, and the Trohnak take to it as a means to invoke the more brutal powers of nature. This ability breathes new life into the Bearman/Trohnak war, as the Trohnaks’ command of natural spirits allow tribes to overcome some of the Bearmen’s previous innovations.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 01:27:50 am by Whisperling »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2016, 08:00:54 am »

So when are you going to bring in the fifth era? Because it's already got quite a few things in it.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2016, 11:07:01 am »

Sooner or later. This is a project of some magnitude, and I'm fine with it taking a while.

In any case: now that my additions have been fulfilled, it's time to cue up some more!

I currently have 600 points. Let's change that.

With lethal death plants of lethal death.

Magical plant: Flechette Tree. (-25 points)
Spoiler: Flechette Tree (click to show/hide)

Magical plant: Sniper Vine. (-25)
Spoiler: Sniper Vine (click to show/hide)

Magical plant: Root Pit. (-25)
Spoiler: Root Pit (click to show/hide)

Magical plant: Rainbow Bloom. (-25)
Spoiler: Rainbow Bloom (click to show/hide)

And one more thing: a sentient race for Ignis.

Sentient race: Ashen Wanderers. (-100)
Spoiler: Ashen Wanderers (click to show/hide)

And their prey.

Magical animal: Burning Mammoths. (-50)
Spoiler: Burning Mammoths (click to show/hide)

350 points left.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2016, 11:44:15 am »

What about my stuff?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2016, 12:02:37 pm »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2016, 05:07:36 pm »

So when are you going to bring in the fifth era? Because it's already got quite a few things in it.
What about my stuff?

We're getting there. I've got to do the backlog in bits and pieces, or the game will probably die before I've caught up.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2016, 06:51:45 pm »

K'
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2016, 09:07:11 pm »

Slowly compiling a glossary of sorts to help us keep track of everything. Here's what I have so far.

(Warning: Incomplete. Will soon be edited, but is currently missing everything that should go under the world category, not to mention the complete lack of Forias info.)

Spoiler: An Unnamed World (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 09:11:26 pm by Whisperling »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2016, 04:54:56 am »

Ah love it!
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2016, 06:43:46 am »

It looks really good!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4