Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: World Building Game  (Read 4601 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
World Building Game
« on: December 02, 2016, 04:52:08 am »

Simple game to crowdsource construction of a universe for a future game. Really it's more of a creative thing than an actual game. There's not a limit on players, everyone is allowed to participate, but please, only give serious submissions.

Every player has a 1000 points to spend however they see fit. Reference the guide bellow to help you price things. If you don't know exactly how to price something, send me a PM to avoid cluttering the thread.

Prices:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As a final note, please don't submit classic fantasy creatures and races. There are enough humans, elves, and orcs in other worlds. Original submissions are highly preferable.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Building Game
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 05:02:20 am »

The world so far: A lifeless barren planet floating in the void.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 06:06:51 am »

I would like a new continent, a species of rock people, and a magic item in the form of a crystal which creates magic energy for the rock people to use.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 10:44:23 am »

Oooh, Titans of Creation remake!

Do note you should set a deadline to keep it from going on forever.

PM price check sent, as you wished.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 04:01:54 pm by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 10:52:36 am »

Any way to harvest/trade/steal points? Can I create race or structure that does this?
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

kingboxz

• Bay Watcher
  • DEAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 12:01:09 pm »

I'd like to create a race of bear men and giant magical trees that they live in.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 12:09:30 pm »

New God: Mask Painter, two faced god of illusions and delusions, lies and stories. Favoured god of storytellers, singers, artists, diplomats, con men and crazy ones. Mask Painter favours those who are bold, but is fickle with its favours.

50 - First Race: Rapidly reproducing small humanoids. Weak individually, but strong in numbers. Habitual liars.

50 - Magical Animal: Nameless Bird. Carnivorous giant butterfly. It hunts by trapping its pray in illusion of extreme pleasure where pray is unable to defend itself. While prey is incapacitated this way, the otherwise weak magical animal can kill its pray on its own leisure.

200 - Epic Monster: Gray wanderer. Shapeshifting creature, impossible to identify without powerful detection ability. They deal back what they are given thousand fold. Attack one, and it will completely and utterly erase your bloodline from face of earth. It won't go on genocidal rampage, however. Attacks against it made with intention of protect those who it seeks to kill do not count. It's unwarranted violence that triggers its revenge rampage.
  Treat one well, and you and your important people will receive blessings proportionally to nature and amount of good treatment. Poor man giving it half of his food means he won't see hunger for coming decades. Rich man giving a coin means he will find hundred more in his house.
  Eat heart of one, and gain its ability to shapeshift.
Old sigs.
Games.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 12:11:09 pm »

I refer both of you to the fact that this is a barren world.

No oxygen.

Much kaput, much quickly.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 01:16:12 pm »

FoU has a good point, but I'm going to give you all the building blocks of life so as to make the game playable.

@roseheart: nope. What you get is what you got.

Edit:
@FoU: I'm probably not going to put it in a turn structure or have a time limit. I'm just going to consolidate it when I have time. Probably everyday or two.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 01:22:31 pm by Roboson »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2016, 02:18:59 pm »

Okay then.

Create continent: Ignis. (-100 points)

Ignis is a harsh, nearly inhospitable extremely volcanic continent. It is covered in volcanoes, a rare few of which are perpetually active. Ash clouds fly through the air and often hit the ground, and obsidian is the most prominent ground.

Another prominent feature of Ignis are its lava lakes, generated by special volcanoes beneath said lakes.

Create small monster: Ash Crawlers. (-50)

Ash Crawlers are monsters that take the form of giant coal-black scorpions. They live in Ignis and feed off the ash there. They are highly aggressive, often competing for territory (and mates if male). They are also rapid burrowers: in the event of a nearby eruption, they will immediately dig far into the earth to survive.

Total currently spent: 150
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 02:25:40 pm by FallacyofUrist »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2016, 02:31:34 pm »

Can I put something on someone else's continent? I guess... if you don't want it I can stick it on some volcanic island.

Magical area: Sky Cemetery

Every now and then, a a source deep below Ignis causes a magical upwelling and raises several chunks of obsidian as large as a man, many of which hang hundreds of meters in the air for several years before coming down. Each one has a name written on it and across its faces are etched circular shapes, perhaps letters, perhaps magical symbols.

_DBZ_ Points Tally: 50
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2016, 04:01:45 pm »

Can I put something on someone else's continent? I guess... if you don't want it I can stick it on some volcanic island.

I'm fairly sure I don't have a choice in the matter, but I don't mind anyway.

kingboxz

• Bay Watcher
  • DEAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2016, 05:42:27 pm »

Id like to expand upon my bears area.
 Magical Area:The Lightwood. This area is a forest made of the giant magical trees.-50
Magical creature: Fons: A pack herbivore creature that looKS like a mix between a tapir and a sloth. Its magic ability is a field of 3 meters that makes any creature in it non argressive. -50

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2016, 12:21:24 pm »

First Race: Trohnak: A hulking, brutal race. The Trohnak stand 10 feet tall, and weigh 1,000-1,500 pounds. They are humanoid, and have two arms, two legs and the standard array of organs. They have the strength of ten men, have bone as hard as bronze, skin like hardened leather, heal from wounds far faster than any normal creature, (not to the point of regeneration, just healing broken bones in one or two days) feel almost no pain, and are extremely short-tempered, going into a violent rage in combat. They look like a combination between a mountain goat and a gorilla, with ram's horns, coarse yellow fur, a short tail, long muscular arms, and surprisingly agile goat-like legs.

The Trohnak live 40 years, and only weaken in their last few months. They aren't clever, having only half of the intelligence of a human. They are able to eat almost anything vaguely organic, but have a heavy preference for meat. They reproduce quickly, having only a 6 month gestation period, twins and triplets make up 50% of all births, and they mature rapidly, reaching full adulthood by the time they're 5. Only 1 in 5 Trohnak is Female, the rest are Males.

The competition for mates between Trohnaks is intense and often fatal, Trohnak are normally violent brutes but they revere Trohnak Females, and the idea of harming one is almost blasphemous to them. Trohnak Females invariably pick the strongest  suitors to be their mates, which causes the Trohnak race to become ever so slightly stronger each generation.

Trohnak without mates are forced to search elsewhere, and large groups of frustrated Trohnak often raid mamillian races for Females and/or Plunder to impress Trohnak Females. Trohnak have an extremely dominant genome, and are capable of reproducing with any humanoid mammillian Females of any race to produce more Trohnak. They have little ingenuity, and are perpetually locked at a stone age level of technology, along with whatever weapons and armor they can plunder.

950 Points remaining.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2016, 12:35:06 pm »

Post to watch. I'll probably add some stuff later.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4