Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: WIZARD QUEST  (Read 2761 times)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
WIZARD QUEST
« on: December 01, 2016, 08:02:00 pm »

You are a young human male. Or, were, for that matter. Since your family discovered that you posses the Wizard's Gift, you've been a Human no longer. As one of the handful of individuals with the potential to single-handedly raze cities and obliterate whole armies, you are something, far, far greater.

Unfortunately, that kind of power comes at a price. Even though you are but a boy at the age of 16, you are no longer welcome in your family's home, and you're certain no one else would take you if they knew of your true nature. For now, you suppose you'll do what most Wizards do: Find a suitable place to construct your own Tower and pursue the mysteries of the Arcane World.

You have only a backpack full of basic supplies, the simple clothes on your back, and your considerable talents. Perhaps they will be enough for the task at hand.

But, before that, what are you most gifted with?

You can control the primal force of flame, incinerating all that dares to stand against you.

You can control the flow of water, twisting and shaping it as you desire.

You can control the air itself, causing great storms and tempests at will.

You can control the earth itself, molding soil and stone on a massive scale with relative ease.

The minds of others are like an open book to you, and you can read and influence them with some effort.

Nature itself bows to your will, trees and vines reshaping themselves to suit your whims.

You are attuned with the dark energies of death itself and can snuff the life-force of lesser men and animate their empty husks to do your bidding.

Your talents lie in animating constructs built in various shapes and sizes to fulfill almost any given task.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARD QUEST
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 08:05:36 pm »

If anyone has a question about the nature of Magic, or the setting as a whole, ask, and I'll tell you what our protagonist knows.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 08:32:55 pm »

Edit: Changed vote
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 12:15:30 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 08:39:09 pm »

Nature sounds interesting. A Telvani tower anyone?

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 09:06:13 pm »

Hmm, tough decision. Let's go with the death wizard. I want to rule the earth as Mannimarco, the King of Worms.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 10:13:29 pm »

Hate to tie things up even worse, but I'm going to say Earth. Use magic get a tower online quickly for a strong early game, and build from there.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 11:10:44 pm »

Primal force of flame, let's be the Red Wizard.
Nature sounds interesting. A Telvani tower anyone?
Hmm, tough decision. Let's go with the death wizard. I want to rule the earth as Mannimarco, the King of Worms.
Hate to tie things up even worse, but I'm going to say Earth. Use magic get a tower online quickly for a strong early game, and build from there.

As there's a four way tie, the first option to receive 3 votes will be it. If no option recoeves 3 votes, I'll roll a 1d4 for it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 11:12:35 pm by Ardent Debater »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 12:04:51 am »

And I really like the robots so I'm going with animation.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 12:10:56 am »

+1 to extinguishing the life force of those pitiful piles of secrets, then using their flesh as a puppet like a mockery of life.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2016, 12:15:14 am »

Changing my vote to Necromancy, seems pretty fun.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2016, 12:37:33 am »

+1 to extinguishing the life force of those pitiful piles of secrets, then using their flesh as a puppet like a mockery of life.
Changing my vote to Necromancy, seems pretty fun.

Necromancy it is!

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2016, 01:00:39 am »

You, you understand it all now... Life, death, it's all, just so... arbitrary and meaningless... Only one week ago, your true potential awakened as you sat, pondering the mysteries of life on a quiet, full moon night, in a cemetery. You felt an unimaginable power enter you, you stood, grabbed your walking staff, and slammed it into the ground, instinctively chanting black, grating, and incomprehensible speech. As you stood, staff in the ground, you felt a small portion of that power leave you, going into the ground. Into the graves.

You chanted for a good half hour, before falling to your knees in exhaustion. But, you weren't alone, not by any means. Were before, you were only one man, now you see through the eyes of thirteen. Once dead, now resurrected as mindless walking corpses, animated by your will alone, they would die for you in an instant, and would work for you until they had no body to work with. You sense the life of the grasses around you, and know that you could snuff it out in an instant if you so desired. You feel that power deep within you, for now, you can only access the faintest shred at a time, but eventually... Oh yes.

+8 Zombies, +5 Skeletons!

SPELLS LEARNED: RAISE DEAD, MINOR SMITE

You look around yourself, twelve rotten zombies and skeletons surround you. As long as you can remember, you've head tales of the undead. Soulless, hungry to consume the living, mindless thralls enslaved to their demonic master's will, not to be trusted, to be slain on sight. Gazing upon this walking denial of death, the foolishness of this idle superstition hits you. Why deny true power, enlightenment, and eternal life? Truly, you are a visionary, and fate has blessed you with the power to see your vision to its fullest.

You cannot stay here, you need a place of solitude, a place to ponder... But where?

The Plains, filled with farms, villages, and homesteads, you'd stand out, but you'd have plenty of material for your studies.

The Forest, littered with overgrown ruins, with plenty of wood, animals and forgotten knowledge to at your disposal, it would be ideal.

The Tundra, far to the north, freezing cold, lifeless, and barren, you'd surely be left alone here.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2016, 01:02:55 am »

The Tundra, let's get ourselves a frozen throne.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2016, 01:29:44 am »

Can we please have an arch nemesis that animates plants to fight us?

(he.. he.. he.. get it?)

(name him Dave)
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2016, 02:31:35 am »

The Forest, littered with overgrown ruins, with plenty of wood, animals and forgotten knowledge to at your disposal, it would be ideal.
Pages: [1] 2 3