Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Steel Titan  (Read 3933 times)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Steel Titan
« on: November 30, 2016, 01:38:38 am »

My army fought it for more than 1 months before they were all killed. Almost all the soldiers were using bronze weapons, except a human axe lord who had a (steel battle axe). But even steel weapon couldn't hurt it at all.

I reloaded the save before its arrival. Fortunately, despite it had wings, it couldn't fly. So I managed to trap it inside a coal mine. ::)
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Steel Titan
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 01:41:11 am »

On that day, dwarfkind received a grim reminder...
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 05:04:18 am »

Yeah, you won't be able to harm that thing without adamantine. And even then it might be difficult.

Now dig a shaft down and feed goblins to it.
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 05:55:40 am »

Heh, maybe you can build it a proper home. Like, a room engraved all over, with another room above it from which to feed it captured invaders, maybe a draining system to wash off all the blood, corpses and troll fur socks into a corner which can be closed off to retreive them. Or add a mechanism to flood the room with magma. If a bronze colosus can survive being dipped on magma, for a while at least, I bet your titan will survive the cleaning process, should you go that route.
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.

Killgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 06:56:43 am »

It will also make great practice for your marksdwarves.  Just carve fortifications on a wall near it and let them have at it until you have a full squad of legendary +5 marksdwarves!

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 08:26:11 am »

Wow, that makes my web-spitting Coral Titan look like a fluffy bunny.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 10:30:14 am »

I suggest some science: Find the minimum weight of a minecart for harming it with three common minecart speeds: Max roller speed, two tile ramp bouncer and coming off with max speed from 3-ramp linear accelerator coil.

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2016, 01:03:02 pm »

so, if a steel titan is nearly impossible to kill, what of an adamantine titan?

i doubt such a thing could exist, but just think of the horror
i am a dwarf and im digging a hole, diggy diggy hole

my art: http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/tylerrobotnik/

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2016, 01:17:13 pm »

Would it even be able to do blunt damage though?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

kingsableye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2016, 01:20:37 pm »

I think a slade titan would be far worse, think of the damage. It could probably one shot any dwarf who got too close.

Luriant

• Bay Watcher
  • Mediocre english, sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2016, 03:22:15 pm »

Use cave-in or obsidianize, or Repeater spikes.

Put a Door in a safe zone, and a no-wooden support with a floor hanged 2 block before the door. Link the support with a lever in the meeting hall.
Close the zone with a wall, and use a peasant to free the titan.
When the build destroyer stop in the support, damagin the door, use the lever and kill it.

Or Raising Bridge, Steel Menacing Spike, Raising Bridge, Door. Trap it and use a Lever with the spike to damage it (i don't know if the spike can damage [piercing or bludgeoning] the skin).

Or Raising Bridge, magma safe grate in the celing, Rasing bridge, Door. A Water bucket and a minecrat with magma (put in a Track Stop dumping in the grate).

Or all at the same time, make SCIENCE with the Menacing spike, and if don't work make ‼SCIENCE‼ and obsidian. Put your experiences in the forum.
╔══╦══╗██▓▓
☺♠┼╥╤┼▲▼▓
Θ÷║πΩ║      ▓
+═╬══╣ò    ▓
≈≈▒‼^☻²
╚══╩══╝
  Σ Spkd Grn Glss Blls 252☼ 2.6Γ

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2016, 03:43:54 pm »

That it managed to land a hit on, of course. Titans come with no skills, which is why OP's army fought for so long a time.

Adamantine titan seems like it'd get in a neverending battle with another (inorganic, if it has neat in-built weapons) creature, which would mess your FPS. On the bright side, it'd be so light you could probably ato...wait, no, undead head hairs show you couldn't atomsmash it. Tsk.

That said, they're both deep_special materials, so I think it can't happen. Little consolidation versus steel spiderdragon, tho.

On the bright side, if you got a steel titan, you got easily predictable superweapon. OP may have lost their military, but they did gain something more dangerous. 

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2016, 04:43:42 pm »

so, if a steel titan is nearly impossible to kill, what of an adamantine titan?
A "candy" titan? Now I see it as a giant blue marshmallow man that has been exposed to air for too long.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2016, 07:46:44 pm »

Hmm, I had enough time to build a trap room in the month, consider I also had an artifact floor hatch, but I don't want to lose the militia so I cheated.  :P
I don't know if steel spikes can even hurt it, because steel battle axe couldn't. So sealing it is the safest option, for now.

I guess this thing can probably conquerer the hell, maybe I will want to test it when I'm done with current fortress.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2016, 07:53:26 pm »

I doubt it can conquer The Circus alone, but it'd make things difficult on the Clowns. Webspitters and fire breathers would be the problem. Webspitters can still immobilize Titans, I think, and while it would take a while, firebreathers would wear down and kill it eventually. Especially if webs work to slow it down.
Pages: [1] 2 3