Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Grave Robber  (Read 4253 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Grave Robber
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2016, 07:21:44 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2016, 07:26:42 am »

Bobby Will

Happy with your current haul you decide to leave and on the way out loot some of the lesser graves.

However your luck has finally run out as you suddenly find yourself surrounded by the Graveyard Keeper on one side and the mutt on the other...dangit.

Chase Sequence initiated, again post your orders openly.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2016, 10:31:11 am »

Team capture attempt with Grave-Keeper and Mutt

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2016, 01:10:14 pm »

Name: Alfred Noyes
Profession: Highwayman

I assume I'm arriving, next night, correct?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2016, 01:48:52 pm »

Bobby will run like a bat out of hell towards the exit
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2016, 02:34:20 pm »

Okay this timeline is as confusing as the X-Men series.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2016, 04:56:57 pm »

Okay this timeline is as confusing as the X-Men series.
The people all came to rob at different times during the same night. The six or so timelines then advance in parallel from the initial fence-climbing until they escape or get caught or die. Once a conclusion of a timeline is reached it is dropped from the roster until all timelines are completed and the next night begins.

Of course, a certain amount of paradox is potentially possible with the two people managing to sneak up on the gravekeeper and kill him for example or something else silly.

Presumably our intelligent game running system, codename Ghazkull, will not actually carry out such a chain of events though, as time paradoxes are not the focus of the story.

Thus I guard the graves safe in the knowledge that I can probably only die once.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 05:11:34 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2016, 04:59:47 pm »

Yeah i am aware of that. I wasn't sure what to do in that regard. It would make most sense for people to appear at different times, instead of six robbers rolling in simultaneously.

As it stands whats going on is that if someone kills the gravekeeper, all following timelines get retconned as to the gravekeeper not being there

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2016, 05:02:23 pm »

Bobby Will, running like a madman you make it to the outermost row of the graveyard before the graveyard keeper catches up with you, what now?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2016, 05:03:03 pm »

> Shoot him

Yeah i am aware of that. I wasn't sure what to do in that regard. It would make most sense for people to appear at different times, instead of six robbers rolling in simultaneously.

As it stands whats going on is that if someone kills the gravekeeper, all following timelines get retconned as to the gravekeeper not being there
To be fair to the other players, I'd suggest switching to them all robbing at the same time once I or my successor(s?) have more minions, otherwise I'd begin to have an unfair advantage I think.

Though that depends on what sort of upgrades will be getting, but with current mortality rates, new players will probably have to resort to group tactics either way later on.

EDIT: Though so far the Mutt has seemed pretty useless, so not sure how powerful have a large group of minions would actually be. Not sure how much of that is just bad luck, lack of protoganist power or whatnot, as he doesn't get mentioned much in any of the update sections where he might be relevant.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 05:12:48 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2016, 05:15:24 pm »

bad luck horribly bad luck, he continouusly was screwed over by bobby wills skills and no one else made it as far as him.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2016, 05:18:05 pm »

RUN FASTER, IN A ZIG-ZAG!

also it's a little rude to shoot a God fearing, Honest graverobber in the back you know?
and yeah the robbers should probably go at the same time to make it a little fairer and to make a bit more sense.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2016, 06:57:18 pm »

((Can I nab a position as a backup graveyard keeper? Or should I just create a robber character?))
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2016, 02:41:51 am »

((may aswell be allowed to meditate on my purchase options.))
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2016, 02:44:02 am »

RUN FASTER, IN A ZIG-ZAG!

also it's a little rude to shoot a God fearing, Honest graverobber in the back you know?
and yeah the robbers should probably go at the same time to make it a little fairer and to make a bit more sense.
Later on when I have more minions sure. If we do it right now, it'd be unfair the other way around.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4