Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Magnus Corps ooc sign up, discussion and world build.  (Read 1443 times)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Magnus Corps ooc sign up, discussion and world build.
« on: November 28, 2016, 04:02:46 pm »

Hello all. Here is my first real sign up thread. Hope you enjoy.

---
On another world that is like our own. But, it's not. With dragons and magic. The old world has just discovered the new one. As the Magnus Corps are in full scale. Out to protect the world, from itself and invaders.

Do you have what it takes? To wear the badge?

---

Yeah the world in question is like our own. Just land mass is ten times bigger. Magic, monsters, it's 1890 and Europe just discovered North America/ South. Two magic wars. Invasion of dragons. North Pole colony, stopped the advancement. Guns are real. Even old world tanks, cars, and final fantasy style flying ships are a thing.

Below is character sign up.

Name:
Class:
Nationality: Working on renaming Nationa and people here.
Back story:

Stats: Start with forty star points.

Strength: 1-20. Physical strength.
Toughness:1-20. Physical defense.
Stamina:1-20. How fast you heal/ what you endure.
Speed:1-20. Physical speed.
Grace:1-20. Balance and agility.
Intelligence:1-20. How many spells you get to use leveling up.
Wits:1-20. How fast can form plans on scene.
Will:1-20. Mental toughness.
Ego:100. Sanity
Potency;1-20 Takes four points to raise level. Magic power.
Reserve:1-20. Magic pool.
Soul:1-20. Takes two for 1 level. Magic defense.
Mastery:1-10. Takes five points for one level. How good you are at casting
Fighting Skill: 1-20. How handy your in a fight without magic spells.

Classes: Classes dictate what sort of magic your to use.

Channeler: Conmandinf ambient energy in the air for enchantments and quick spells. This is the most default magic user. Think the type that do energy blasts, levitate objects to fly with them. That sort of thing.

Egoist: Mental Mage. Able to pierce into minds of others and do stuff mentally.

Genomancer: They tap into the Earths mana field to do nature magic. So if done in nature. They can channel it.

Duelist: Oldest magic class. A basic warrior caster affair as they train bodies to do rapid magic casting.

Maker: Makers create familiars. To command them to aid their creators. Flesh and blood creatures too. Not machines.

Alchemist: Magic scientist who transmute matter based on their patterns. For various results.

Technomancer: The second scientist Mage. They invent things and channel electricity as well as making machine souls ( ancient AI)

Dracomancer: Those who house dragon energy and can control it to their whims.

Biomancer: Cobtrol their own bodies and can do so to others. Mostly enhancing and healing.

Servitor: Being made to serve. This Artifical magic user has a soul and will of their own. Can do alchemy to theirselves and channel let line energy.

Caller: Magic users who call things from point a to b by portals. Including themselves.

Glyph Master: Those who harness spiritual energy into markings of power. To use them in s moments notice.

Alter: One who channels into the true soul within their minds and triggers them into reality. Persona style. Or Jojos Syands.

Oath Dealer: One who makes pacts with supernatural things so they can lend strength to their spells and equipment.

Host: A poor soul who was selected to have a nigh unkillable monster soul implanted into them so the monster cannot reincarnate and terrorize again. Despite the pain they channel the creatures abundant energies to perform magic.

Edited: Damnit the 16th class was left out.

Animagus: Animal wizard. Shape shifting souls who manage to transform into beasts or gain beast traits. With Blood Stones they can expand their transforming profile.

Edited: Gear will be presented given what in the mood for. This is not a token or point game. Got games like that though. Some stuff for individuals who gain it.

Think that's it for now. Oh and everyone gets four spells starting off and maybe s multiple character deal due to world size and class pool. Will go into more detail as things come through. Got a plot in hand. Just curious to see what happens.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 06:47:04 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Magnus Corps ooc sign up, discussion and world build.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 04:59:13 pm »

Ive always been interested in this kinda thing :P.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hunter Mode: Designed for high stress situations, this complex spell is meant to speed up the user's mind and body so their prey will not escape them. To those effected, it feels like the rest of the world is slowing down as their thoughts and bodies speed up. Buffs Speed, Grace, and Wits by a small amount.

Wall Mode: In some situations, taking damage is unavoidable. Wall mode was created for situations like these, turning the target into a walking tank. Their muscles bulge, shrugging off damage and healing what they do take at an inhumane rate, along with the mental fortitude to withstand the pain that is coming your way. Small buff to toughness, Stamina, and Will.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 07:46:01 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 05:40:55 pm »

Very good.

I deliver lots of stars because every so often get upgrade points. I try to see how people tend to play. Nice work again. Bad ass cop with skills and spells.

Time Line:

1500s magic is discovered usable to humans.

1600s was the Regin of Desgons when they rose up.

1700s had two magic wars that spanned Europe and some of Asia.

Now: Corps set up to explore, protect and monitor. Austrilan continent has worlds biggest dragon population left. For example as in North and South America European influence has reached them.

North America is a Confederation of tribes. Who are mostly Genomancers and Egoists.

South America is Channelers mostly.

Magic ability is a learned skill though some better born for it than others. Just thinking of country names and roles. Of world building. Plot is down in head.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 05:56:48 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think I finished.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 02:47:38 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 07:32:40 pm »

PTW.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 08:05:29 pm »

Enemies:

Monsters: Either wild weird animals. Undead, constructs gone bad, Demi humans the works. They are in this.

Bad Humans: No brainier considering your job.

Dragons: They keep to themselves these days despite ruling the world once. But every so often they pop up.

Daemon: No. Not demon. Daemon. Greek for spirit being. It applies to any magic creature not of this Earth. Rogue Angels, traditional demons, minor pagan Gods. That kinda thing.

Your team will have two handler npcs as allies.

One is a Caller, the other a Animagus.

Other npcs will show up and each mission has multiple endings.

For variety.

Also every 5 points in intelligence ( 5, 10, 15, 20) Adds a spell to list at level up time.

So at 20. 4 extra spells. For five.

Aside that, potency is the punch factor of spells and reserve is how many can cast before needing a time out.

Name ideas for nations.

Zenith  ( France)
Belmont ( France)
zwei (Germany)
Pendragon ( England)
Xian (China)
Yamato (Japan)
Zeno ( Italy)
Alkerstand ( Australia)
Serbia ( Russia and Silk Road)
Yoma ( India)
Kamba ( Africa/ Middle East)
New Frontier ( Americas)

All above have some rid bit in world and a mission or so in them.

Thinking either case in Zwei, or New Frontier.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 08:27:03 pm »

Wikipdia has a list of historic alternative names that can be fun for alternative history type settings. Even if you don't wanna use any as is, they could make for good inspiration :P.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 08:49:10 pm »

Thank you. I will look into it.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 09:54:01 pm »

Can you give us an idea of how skills and stats scale as you improve them? What does 1 mean competence wise? 20?
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2016, 02:12:26 pm »

Ok stat time

1 is bare minimal normal human in non magic stats. At level 5 become at best a normal human can possible lay be. 6-10 is in the lower Super Human range. Like single hand style wield one-three ton weaponry and fast enough to leave after images. While in stamina start to have a natural healing factor. Tougher to hurt. And so forth.

11-15 is even more insane as at this point can beat down Spider Man with ease.

In the 16-20 range can throw down with Ben Grim / The Thing and weaker Hulk incarnations.

Intelligence just gives you bonus spell slots.

Wits gives you extra moves. 1 per five rank.

Will power can shrug off effects of pain, horror, mind control, fatigue and so forth.

Ego you cannot buy. It is sanity that can be damaged, but restored with correct action. Egoists can effect Ego stay. Hence the name.

Soul is how tough your against magic.

Potency is how strong. Will measure via basic fire spell.

1-4:A lighter that you can toss. Burn but about it.

5-8: Can seriously harm someone.

9-12: Can blow up boulders, cars or small houses.

13-16: Can nuke a building, lesser dragon. A large mob.

17-20: Think upper tier Dragonball not Z. Ball. Towns, parts of cities, small armies, mountains and such are affected.

Mastery: Decides how fast and efficient the spell casting process is. At max level nothing save anti magic field can prevent you from spell casting. ( As mute and binding spells apply. At max you cast by thinking)

Fighting Skill: How well you fight. Styles, weapons and technique. At 20 can body read enemies for a extra drop on them.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2016, 03:27:14 pm »

On Ego/ Sanity: It gets lost based on Will save and situation.

You gain it by completing missions, sub plots, beating enemies, and even therapy. Off time. But cannot buy more Ego points.

Also at 60 and less insanity starts to happen. At 30 your bloody mad. At 0 your a brain dead thing with a broken mind. Egoist effecting ego depends on spel, mastery, and potency for over all effect.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2016, 12:29:57 am »

Two last questions I can think of. Is it, everything starts at 1 and then you have 40 points to spend, or you need to buy the first point? Are non-magic people an option?
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2016, 02:16:49 am »

1 counts as point. If zero less than normal.

The closest to non magic are Servitors. Whom are Artifical created beings who can or do not use magic. But are super human in general.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2016, 02:32:03 am »

So to confirm, it costs 21 points to have 1 rank in everything as Potency, Soul, and Mastery cost more than 1 point per rank, at 4, 2, and 5 respectively.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2016, 11:15:14 am »

Yeah 32 points to get a 1 I everything at the least. Eight points left over for growth. You know cinsidering this, may just retool so 1 is default and that would save so many points. I might. If so the first two submissions can in turn change stats based on what their gearing for.  Yeah. I think it stands now. It is not set in stone so changing to keep it simple.
Pages: [1] 2