Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34

Author Topic: [ISG] Ashwood Cross  (Read 77841 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Ashwood Cross
« Reply #180 on: January 23, 2017, 06:18:15 pm »

But does she KNOW she has an audience?

Enter existential crisis.
Resolve existential crisis by remembering how silly your thoughts are, and that we're your thoughts, and you're okay with it.

Roll for resolve.
((Are you SURE we're just her thoughts? Games like this could easily incorporate our existance into the plot. From what I've read of The Warrens of Oric the Awesome so far, it may be the case there))
((Too many of us :P Also if that were the case, we'd all be plushie kitty. That said, it's too early to assume that so we're staying as thoughts in the meantime :) ))

I'm happy if folks want to speculate openly in the thread; it's fun to hear what you're thinking so far, and helps me keep tabs on what bits folks are grabbing onto, and what points folks have missed so far. Folks missed a few things I was actually worried were too obvious, which is honestly helping me find the happy medium between subtlety and obscurity, and improving our author-audience communications! That said, I'm not gonna respond to theories or answer plot questions or whatever directly; better to leave that to the story itself! :3

Y'know, that gives me an idea. Probably a bad one, though.

Also OceanSoul, that's a clever idea! I absolutely don't mind a derail here and there, but you might have better luck starting a discussion in the Gamer's Block thread. A lot of folks (including me!) frequent it; it's a good place for shooting the breeze about forum game mechanics, sharing clever ideas with the community, worldbuilding, etc.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 23, 2017, 06:47:16 pm »

I knew about the Block threads- I read through each of them when I was still lurking the forums, and I keep up to date. I guess I'll go quote it over there.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 06:56:08 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 24, 2017, 08:45:16 am »

I'm happy if folks want to speculate openly in the thread; it's fun to hear what you're thinking so far, and helps me keep tabs on what bits folks are grabbing onto, and what points folks have missed so far. Folks missed a few things I was actually worried were too obvious, which is honestly helping me find the happy medium between subtlety and obscurity, and improving our author-audience communications! That said, I'm not gonna respond to theories or answer plot questions or whatever directly; better to leave that to the story itself! :3
I am blunt, ma'am. :I
I mean, it's like only 3 minutes have literally (actually) passed since we first dreamed and were all D: about our clothing stature. But 3 minutes literally had passed.

Also I decided to be a silly mouse and copied the Doc's note and cross-colored every color/hue in the lettering to more contrasting colors on a black background and I got nothing of a hidden image :P
So...I'm all for just going through the door and testing our weight with just TWO bars :P (just to kick dreaming and giving general details).

But yeah, if there's anything obvious (like FASHION or CLOTHING or things like that), I'm missing it.

And before we do other stuff, can you read what's on our vitals monitor thing?
And quickly note what those 3 rectangular things on the wall are.

Then wait a bit until the clock moves...until probably 2:40, and then peek outside the arched door.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 08:47:24 am by Tiruin »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 24, 2017, 08:59:35 am »

..you're right. You ARE missing it! Her clothes ARE different now! Even the hair!

Realize this.
Edit: Also, check Character Status. Who knows what could have changed?
Edit2:Check inventory, too.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 09:28:07 am by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 24, 2017, 10:06:11 am »

..you're right. You ARE missing it! Her clothes ARE different now! Even the hair!
O_o
Spoiler: Image comparison (click to show/hide)
It's the lighting :P We've still got the same colors (I'm under the impression that the green part is hair dye), different clothes, and all under the assumption that weird stuff happened.
But point there too. I like how she has a lighter shade of hair. . .that requires investigating?

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 24, 2017, 10:35:14 am »

I just realized, when we 'woke up'  in here, the doctor was in the middle of talking to us. What was she saying before we started hearing her? And did the burning smell have anything to do with the electrocution?
Also, I realized that our last heart of health was shrunk from the electricity. It may be sorta-permanently lost.

Edit: One more thing-Check if we actually remember any language. Reading, writing, AND speaking.((crosses fingers))
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 10:43:41 am by OceanSoul »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 07, 2017, 11:00:07 pm »

Bump
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

ufo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 12, 2017, 02:49:44 pm »

wait a minute this could only mean one thing ..... you are being abducted by aliens gaaaaaahhhhhhh!
freak out and take their disquises off

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 12, 2017, 03:51:11 pm »

Hey, does anyone here actually know how to cryptanalysis?  I still think that note has data in it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 12, 2017, 07:08:11 pm »

Hey y'all. Trying to be marginally more responsible, so I'm posting a quick heads-up for ya.

I'm kinda having a bad time as of late. Nothing to worry over, but it's made it hard to put the time I need into creative side stuff like this. My heart is still in this project. Once things are better, I very much want to continue; I refuse to let this be stuck in the intro forever! I just need to take care of some life things first.

Much love all, and a sincere thank you for your patience, and continued interest in telling this dumb weird story with me.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 13, 2017, 10:24:34 am »

*hugs Solifuge*

Hope things get better.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 13, 2017, 01:56:21 pm »

This is a Dream, Therefore we can Control it.
Your friend showed you how to do that, right?
Sit on the ground - fold your legs, then find your center.
Start little - float the scalpels, that are surely in the drawers in the air, ready to attack anything that is coming near us.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 13, 2017, 04:39:11 pm »

Hey y'all. Trying to be marginally more responsible, so I'm posting a quick heads-up for ya.

I'm kinda having a bad time as of late. Nothing to worry over, but it's made it hard to put the time I need into creative side stuff like this. My heart is still in this project. Once things are better, I very much want to continue; I refuse to let this be stuck in the intro forever! I just need to take care of some life things first.

Much love all, and a sincere thank you for your patience, and continued interest in telling this dumb weird story with me.

* Haspen hugs.

Just you know, we will be waiting for continuation.

forever.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 13, 2017, 04:47:59 pm »

* Haspen hugs.

Just you know, we will be waiting for continuation.

forever.
* OceanSoul joins the group hug.
Take as much time as you need. We can wait.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 13, 2017, 05:10:17 pm »

Hey Soli! Solve your bad time expeditiously and cleanly please! Bad times cannot be allowed to delay my entertainment products please and thank you.
And besides that, enjoy crushing your bad times, driving them before you, something something women. There is nothing better than destroying an annoying problem without mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34