Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 34

Author Topic: [ISG] Ashwood Cross  (Read 77812 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Ashwood Cross
« Reply #165 on: January 21, 2017, 12:21:41 pm »

Oh! I know how those scales work! You just slide the two weights back and forth until the thing balances. You should totally try that, Maria.
+1
There's a better way for folks who have no idea what for :P

Pay attention to what happened when you stepped on it. The bar-thingy acted like a lever and slammed up and down.
It looks like a metallic bar of a ruler so the stuff on it must make sense, and the numbers probably mean my weight given it acted when I stepped on it.
...Probably recall the best memory of own weight--for our size, it may be around 50
(I mean unless nothing at all comes to mind, there's at least an idea for others for comparison)
Second paragraph aside, notice three metal bars. One with a fat weight, measuring in the hundreds, one with a middle-fat weight, in tens, and one that's tiny in ones. Unless there's something WEIRD LIKE THAT READING BACK THERE, this should be apparent.

Next, go find a manual on how to work this out.
:P

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 21, 2017, 01:06:37 pm »

Can you see your nose?

Also take a tiny peek outside the door--very inconspicuously...like the shy person you are! With courage!

+1

Also, why do we need to know how much we weigh?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 21, 2017, 02:23:02 pm »

Oh! I know how those scales work! You just slide the two weights back and forth until the thing balances. You should totally try that, Maria.
+1

Pay attention to what happened when you stepped on it. The bar-thingy acted like a lever and slammed up and down.
It looks like a metallic bar of a ruler so the stuff on it must make sense, and the numbers probably mean my weight given it acted when I stepped on it.
...Probably recall the best memory of own weight--for our size, it may be around 50
(I mean unless nothing at all comes to mind, there's at least an idea for others for comparison)
Second paragraph aside, notice three metal bars. One with a fat weight, measuring in the hundreds, one with a middle-fat weight, in tens, and one that's tiny in ones. Unless there's something WEIRD LIKE THAT READING BACK THERE, this should be apparent.

Just take my +1 already.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 21, 2017, 02:26:41 pm »

+1

Just take my +1 already.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY+1
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 21, 2017, 09:47:35 pm »

Can you see your nose?

Also take a tiny peek outside the door--very inconspicuously...like the shy person you are! With courage!

+1

Also, why do we need to know how much we weigh?
Dreams aren't usually that specific :P Yea, even for those who may have memory retention scenarios--I've read about them xD
Although, perhaps, this one takes artistic libery--and even then, I don't want to be spoilsporting things by adding in stuff :P

Althoughalthough I do presume that this character is creative and DOES use it very well, hence my post up there about lotsa stuff. . .mostly out of personal experience with that thing when I was 6. While I kept banging it against the bar while stepping up and down (because it was a one-stair stairs!), I liked seeing the bar and began playing with it until a friendly nurse helped me out. The stuff in spoiler is a paraphrased rendition of what she told me. :P Though...it's fuzzy after 15 or so years later.

Anyway-uh yeah. We're either in a dream or some memory stuff, since the LAST thing that happened was ULTRASHOCK so much that we saw our healthy calcium-enriched skeletal structure. :P

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 21, 2017, 10:21:30 pm »

I don't know what you people are talking about, that note seems perfectly legible to me.

Anyway.

>Look for anything else to read and see if it is in the same language.
>Also, go see 'friend'
Long Live United Forenia!

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 22, 2017, 02:02:00 am »

Hmmm... a very interesting development. I love that attention to detail in the clocks!

Wow, that made me go back and check the clocks, and it actually did change between updates. Not hugely, just in a "minute or two has past" kinda way consistent with the updates. Hecka attention to detail.

Give it another five minutes, and if no nurse appears go find our friend. Who is definitely probably not an alien bodysnatcher, which we are also definitely probably not ourselves.
+1, and also, look at the letter a little bit more completely (ie, could we get a look at the whole message?).

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 22, 2017, 09:29:37 am »

I think you all are being extremely rude about this. Obviously Maria does not want to weigh herself in front of an audience this big. Respect the feelings of this fictional character! :P
Love, scriver~

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 22, 2017, 02:18:11 pm »

I think you all are being extremely rude about this. Obviously Maria does not want to weigh herself in front of an audience this big. Respect the feelings of this fictional character! :P
Yeah, this is how I feel.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 22, 2017, 02:22:15 pm »

But does she KNOW she has an audience?

Enter existential crisis.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 22, 2017, 02:24:48 pm »

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 23, 2017, 02:54:03 am »

Resolve existential crisis by remembering how silly your thoughts are, and that we're your thoughts, and you're okay with it.

Roll for resolve.

Yeah, this is how I feel.
Me too :P I wasn't asking for exacts. I was poking 'is this a dream'. Didn't mean to be mean though!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 23, 2017, 03:15:21 am »

Resolve existential crisis by remembering how silly your thoughts are, and that we're your thoughts, and you're okay with it.

Roll for resolve.
((Are you SURE we're just her thoughts? Games like this could easily incorporate our existance into the plot. From what I've read of The Warrens of Oric the Awesome so far, it may be the case there))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 23, 2017, 05:06:41 pm »

Roll for resolve.
((Are you SURE we're just her thoughts? Games like this could easily incorporate our existance into the plot. From what I've read of The Warrens of Oric the Awesome so far, it may be the case there))
((Too many of us :P Also if that were the case, we'd all be plushie kitty. That said, it's too early to assume that so we're staying as thoughts in the meantime :) ))

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 23, 2017, 05:39:48 pm »

((Y'know, that gives me an idea. Probably a bad one, though.

It's a combination of suggestion game and normal, PC per player game. The players would be shattered parts of some person's psyche, who could no longer act on their own. Players would possess an object in the world, while giving what remains of his consciousness directions (the suggestions), so that we could keep him safe until we found a way to get back in his mind. If a player is successful in defending the man, or he takes your suggestion, you become a bigger part of his psyche, gaining power (experience and levels) for your personal physical body.
I know this isn't the place to ask this sort of thing, but what do you guys think?))
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 06:56:26 pm by OceanSoul »

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 34