Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Divinity 2: Godgame (IC)  (Read 2374 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Divinity 2: Godgame (IC)
« on: November 26, 2016, 09:47:48 pm »

Turn 0: Lofty Beginnings

Stability is a rarity, a condition sought by many. To have stability is to have the time to think, to be. To be is to have control. To have control is to have essence. To have essence is to have power.

To have power is to be a god.

And such gods they were.

Seven-minded Durris, the First Fire and the Simmering Cinders.

Watchful Aqua, Nourisher and Reaper.

Shining Wakan-He, the Unyielding Earth itself.

The Cursed Iron, the Bleeding Steel Made God.

High-thinking Taro, Creator of Life.

Grand Acquisitor Breex, Lord of the Great Hoard.

And so the gods were and reality began.

OOC

Spoiler: Divines (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 10:04:34 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Divinity 2: Godgame (IC)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 10:01:17 pm »

"Mine."

Use one Great Act to create a fully functional, lush world, filled with trees of giant sizes, tonnes upon tonnes of varied, valuable  minerals within the earth, and a fully functioning basic ecosystem and atmosphere, everything needed to sustain life.  The planet also responds directly to mine will, crushing any target(s) of my choice with increased gravity.

Use two acts to create 6 pops the Tik, a multi armed race of apes, strong, industrious but not very creative. Smart enough to follow orders, solve problems, and sing praises to me, but that's about it.

Use my deed to command the Tikkites to go forth and multiply, and seek out any trinkets of value in this new, unknown world, to bring to me.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 10:24:22 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 11:03:14 pm »

Great Act: Create a world. It's core will be that of molten, burning iron, but it's heat and warmth shall draw all that is physical towards it, so they may be binded to it, as opposed to floating in the coldness of the Void.

Surrounding the core is the outer core, boiling with viscous, molten rock.

Surrounding that, is the mantle, solid, but ever-changing, if slowly. Minerals abound in this place, precious gems, glinting metals, and dangerous radioactive materials.

And lastly, there shall be a crust, rocky and cragged. The surface of the world, where all living beings shall set foot upon.

This world's name... shall be Lakota.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 05:38:37 am »

Fiery Birth of Worlds.

Hydrogen, Oxygen, Cores of Molten Rock and Metal.

Within Tik, the core churned and churned. Metal merged with Rock merged with Silicates in a molten, impropably hot soup, Blood of the Earth. Slowly, ever so slowly, unknown even to its creator the Blood of the World was contaminated, through cracks in the veil even within the Core of Tik, it would seep in, the Cursed Iron, Will of Iron made manifest and merge with yet another world.

But it would do more than that, it was more than simple parasitism, deep within the core the endless churning masses were fed upon by the Cursed Iron and in turn expelled again whenever it felt like it, turned to precious metals and resources and placed in locations hitherto unknown to have contained resources, allowing mortals to replenish their needs whenever it was necessary.

1 Act, Create the Cursed Core: The Core of Tik has been contaminated by the Cursed Iron. Every being killed by the metals of Tik becomes unknowingly a blood sacrifice to The Cursed Iron
1 Act, do the same for Lakota
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 10:05:38 am by Ghazkull »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 05:44:50 am »

"Oh no no no, you stupid lump of ore, you want a piece of MY territory, ya pay rent, ya hear me! Stupid freeloader...""

« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 06:00:07 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 11:13:58 am »

PTW.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 12:58:00 am »

And so it begins.

Taro looks to among the other gods and sees one that bears resemblance to his own form. Composed of rocky coral-like material, Taro sees Wakan-He as a cousin to his own form and mindset. Perhaps much cooperation could arise between these stony deities?

Wakan-He. You have created the foundation for which life may arise. A wonderful environment in which life may take hold and thrive. I know not of earth, or ores, but I do recognize craftmanship when I see it. With your permission, I'd like to begin my acts of creation on the surface of Lakota. Is this acceptable to you?

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 04:10:01 am »

The figure is silent and unmoving for a while, before speaking loudly and clearly in his booming voice.

"Yes."
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 07:52:38 am »

Aqua watches the others as they wave their godly powers around, creating worlds and creatures. It fades into a faint cloud as it whispers:

Thiss one will watch.

Aqua will not act this turn.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 08:37:41 pm »

The Seven-headed one ignored its godly siblings, aloofly flying past them to the center of the Bubble. There, from his chest, he pulled a great ball of everlasting fire and puts it there in center. Around it seven smaller moons formed, orbiting its much larger parent.
"First of the Fires, give warmth to all that lives. Let all that exists feel your heat. Burn, Eversun.

One his heads leans down and kisses each of the moons in turn. From where its lips touch the hot earth small, firey lizards spring and cavort in the magma.
"You are my Salamanders, my Firstborn. Keep the fire within your hearts, and worship me as your father."

Suddenly tired, Durris goes to the largest of the moons and burrows within it. As the great mound rises battlements and thick walls are formed. When he is finished the Flame God is hidden deep within a great fortress. With that he sleeps.
Using 1 GA to make the Eversun and its Moons: The Eversun is a massive burning hot ball of flame in the center of Existence. All that is formed is bathed in its rays, and all that its light touches feels a tiny bit of its eat. The Moons are a series of seven small, currently molten balls of rock and magma.
1 A to create 3 Pops of Salamanders distributed equally among the Seven Moons. Salamanders are large, a head taller than a human, lizard people whose skin naturally is bright hot.
1 A to create Durris's Rest: a massive fortress on the largest of the Seven. Durris currently sleeps there.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2016, 09:20:52 pm »

Taro nods and sets about his work.

He first uses an act to make the surface of Lakota lush and fertile. Plants and small animals of mundane make and of little interest spring forth from the fertile earth. These plants and creatures have little interest to Taro, they are merely means to an end, and he spends little time shaping them, just long enough to ensure they are plentiful and nutritious.

Once the land is fertile and filled with game beasts and flavorful fruits, Taro uses a great act to produce his first true creation: The Tarook. These large creatures are crafted in Taro's own image. They are humanoid coral creatures, but have large tentacled anemone's for heads. Their bodies are composed of an extremely hard coral exoskeleton. Within that there are innumerous organs which extract almost all of the nutrients from food and a stomach capable of digesting solid rock. Their dexterous yet strong tentacles have stinging cells that cause extreme pain and paralysis. They stand between 6 and 10 feet tall and are extremely strong, and surprisingly fast, and intelligent. They communicate not only via a spoken language, but they can also change their skin pigmentation to also communicate. They are extremely hardy creatures, capable of surviving in the most inhospitable of environments and of eating almost anything, including rocks and minerals. They can reproduce asexually or can lay eggs by the hundred. They are incredible creatures, fast, strong, smart, long lived, reproduce quickly, and religious. Truly they are the result of the great act Taro invested into them.

Their culture is highly religious, and their society is a theocracy. The are organized into an egalitarian society based on reverence to their creator god. They believe that expanding, exploring, learning, reproducing, and spreading worship for Taro will bring them closer to their creator. They know full well the existence of other gods, and while they have appreciation for Wakan-He, beyond that they believe the worship of other gods to be blasphemous. It is considered a crime in their society to do so, and those that do are punished by sterilization and branded. Yet this punishment is only given perhaps once a decade, as blasphemy and disbelief are incredibly rare. They depict Taro as he truly is, a caring, guiding, jealous, and unforgiving god, and worship him with fervent zealotry.

A creation of my own making in my own image.They will love and worship me, and in exchange, I will love and guide them. So it shall be. 

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2016, 11:29:53 pm »

Turn 1: Convention

And so, gods set about creating the worlds.

The greed-god Breex was the first to lay claim to creation, creating the a world of verdant forests and plains. Populated with many forms of life, he prized the Tik as the greatest of his living hoard. Apes with a lack of craftiness or great thought, they instead bore strength and patience, as well as complete allegiance to their creator god. Innocent creatures, their god bade them to explore their world and find anything of worth add to the godly reserve. They did this without complaint or even, the ability to complain. The Tik were simple folk.

As fate would have it, the Tik faced horrors upon horrors. In their quest to appease their god, many Tikkites committed to outlandish deeds, journeys and idiocies in an attempt to find the oddities of creation. Some flung themselves off cliffs so as to collect precious minerals jutting out of the stone. Some launched themselves at great beasts, hoping to attain their pelts and horn. Others, madder yet, jumped headfirst into the seas, were many drowned or were devoured. Those that returned were often mutilated, sad individuals with many horrific tales of fright.

And yet, they had done something were all others had died, they had returned with trinkets. Odd stones, misshapen horns and colourful shells! Yes many had died, but their deaths had not at all, been in vain. For their accomplishments, these survivors often sired the next generations of Tikkites and their mutilations a sign of respect and piety. In some places, these lineages became chiefs or shamans of their respective clans and troupes and many youths of the Blood continued in their forefathers tradition, with many more dying in the attempt. As a price however, many Tikkite souls perished, never to give life again.

Where the world of the Tik was filled with verdant greenery, the world that Wakan-He formed was one of rugged stone. Its surface was hospitable, if not the most life-giving. Even so, life did eventually come to form. Small plants and smaller lifeforms grew, often with growth seasons dependent on the rains. For the most part scaled or feathered, the small lifeforms of Lakota were given to a cycle of hardship and feasting, depending on the rains that all life relied on. Even in areas were water was abundant, such as the snow-tipped mountains or shallow lakes, most life preferred their arid adaptations that allowed them to inhabit wide expanses. Even with this life however, Lakota was still a world lacking in intelligent life.

Of course, this did not stop the Cursed Iron from interfering. Its metal tendrils seeped into both Lakota and Tik, surrounding their planetary cores with the essence of the Iron itself. In time, the Iron Touched all the minerals of both world. Though seemingly harmless, the Touched minerals would offer the essence of all slain with them to the Cursed Iron. For now however, with the Tikkites knowing only of stone tools and Lakota bereft of intelligent life, the Iron brooded without sacrifice and without the much desired essence.

Durris, aloof and uncaring for the creations of his comrades, headed to the centre of the Bubble and created there the Eversun, the star that would feed the rest of creation. Around it he placed mall planetoids, the Seven Moons. Scattered on each of the moons were sparse ecosystems specially adapted to the extreme conditions and amongst these were the Salamanders, who themselves were made in Durris' image. As Durris watched over his creations, he finally made for himself his own abode, Durris' Rest. Here he would rest and while away the eons, as his creations grew and destiny unfolded upon him.

However, just as Durris entered his fortress, Taro announced himself to creation. Turning upon Lakota, he replaced the arid ecosystems of the world with those more suited to wetter and colder conditions. Thousands upon thousands of organisms were killed or changed as the Life god set about creating his desired paradise. Of course, such creations were merely the foundations for something far better. As the ecosystems of the world stabalised, Durris created the Tarook who bore the form of their patron. Demigodly, the tarook were special. They were strong, quick-witted and agile and capable of reproducing far beyond what their forms suggested. Even discounting their physical attributes, their culture too was advanced from the outset. Holding piety in high regard, they established a single theocracy that catered for the needs of all tarook, as well as the needs of their great god Durris. Spurred on by the culture their god had given them, they soon advanced greatly, quickly creating an intricate organisational system that ensured all were routinely fed, taught, serviced and given the opportunity to worship. To them, life was indeed, good.

And so, the Wheel turned.

The worlds of Tik and Lakota are created.
The Eversun and the Seven Moons are created.
Durris' Rest is created.
The Tik, Salamanders and Tarook are created.

Void Activity

The Bubble has not been secured. Forced entry into the Bubble is possible.

The Demon Atorax requests entry into the Bubble. Has offered 1 Act in exchange.
An Auchidibean Vessel requests entry into the Bubble as well as the right to Harvest planet(s). Has offered 1 Act in exchange.
An Oracle requests entry into the Bubble. Has offered 2 Minor Acts in exchange.

Allowing a void entity entry into the Bubble is currently free, although it can be vetoed if a majority of gods oppose it. This does not count as a deed or act.
Spoiler: Dossier (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Divines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Essence Flow (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 02:06:25 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2016, 12:22:51 am »

((Is allowing entry into the bubble free?  If not, I'll change my turn.))

"Welcome, wellllllcome, come on in, there's plenty of room.  Yuk yuk yuk yuk.  Ahem, if you're willing to pay the price."

Allow both the demon and the oracle into the bubble, offer them a place to stay in my world AS LONG AS THEY DON'T TAKE OR INTERFERE WITH MY SHIT.

Use my deed to praise my Tik workers and give them encouragement, that they be continually loyal and work harder. It's nice for the boss to let his apes know much profit they're making him.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2016, 02:56:08 am »

Allow the Auchidibean Vessel into the bubble on the condition it does not harvest or damage Lakota in any way.
I have no qualms with you Vessel, enter and act at your own peril. However, you must abide by the condition you do not interfere with Lakota. Do so, and we shall have no quarrels.

Discuss with the demon and the oracle their motivations and goals.
Perhaps our goals align, there is no reason that we cannot come to a mutually benefitial relationship.

Use an act to create more Tarook.
There is much work to be done little ones. Spread, learn, build. This I command of you.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2016, 04:18:56 am »

Wakan-He merely allows his newfound ally to deal with the otherworldly beings. Taro's creatures benefit from the earth, and thus Wakan-He trusts that his creation will stay unharmed by the Void beings, at least.

However... as for the beings inside the bubble...

Act: Within the soil of Lakota, create the Vaceo, a race of grey-skinned, stony humanoids, with skin of densely hard rock, and the ability to sense vibrations in the ground. They will be an underground race, living in the crust of the earth... perhaps one day, deeper. They reproduce sexually, with each individual as a sort of hermaphrodite Each one also has the remarkable ability to rapidly ingest and excrete rock and mineral, like an earthworm. They may also simply digest it. If possible, ask for Taro's assistance.

Act: Give my new creations the ability or knowledge to purify rocks and minerals of all divine connections, except for my own. After such a ritual, the object will be as much under my control as the great mountains.

Deed: Speak to the Vaceo. They have been created in order to purify Lakota of the Cursed Iron's vile grip upon my planet. They will go out and find what minerals they can, and they will sever it's divine connection. To use the purified material is to please me, and to use a corrupt one, especially to take the life of another, is to incur my wrath. Purify much, and they will be rewarded.
carrot cakeu
Pages: [1] 2