Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can someone help me find a reanimating, terrifying biome?  (Read 1606 times)

narwhalsToot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Can someone help me find a reanimating, terrifying biome?
« on: November 23, 2016, 12:41:44 pm »

I always try to embark in terrifying areas, yet I never, ever find a reanimating one. Can anyone by any  chance find me an embark that is reanimating and is somewhat close to a goblin site, so I can get raided often? I'm on vacation too, so I can't find an embark and I'd like to not spend 3 hours finding a good embark when I get home.

Thanks in advance!

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone help me find a reanimating, terrifying biome?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 03:12:47 pm »

This will get you in the ballpark with 1 minute world builds with a higher number of evil biomes. The actual evil biome effects may not include re-animation (and with the current unkillable hair/woolreanimated-head bug, some would advise against seeking it out).
On the main DF menu, use the "Design New World With Advanced Parameters" option.
On that screen, use the up/down arrows to choose the world size (POCKET REGION is what you want) and then use 'e' to "Enter Advanced Parameters".
On that screen:
    The first page has "Year to begin Checking for MegaBeast Percentage", hit Enter and set that to 250.
    Page Down about 5 times to find "Number of Secret Types", hit Enter and set that to 1000.
    Page Down to find "Desired Evil Square Count in Small Subregions", hit Enter and set that to 1000 (it will cap it at the max).
    Hit ESC to back out of the Advanced menu.
    Hit F6 to save the world params (this will only effect these custom world builds).
    Hit Enter to generate the world.
The result should be a relatively evil region with a tower or two for some extra undead incursions
move the cursor through the world and check out purple and red squares. You are looking for
    one or more "Dark Goblin Fortress" within 10 of...
    one or more "I" (necromancer towers)
    and with some red terrains (red=terrifying biomes and purple=lesser evils )
"Dark Goblin Pits" will not matter.
Build a new one with 'a' and 'Enter' if it looks "meh"
If the world fits those conditions then hit 'p' to export and verify there are a lot of goblins, then try it out and see what the biomes offer. There is also an option to decrease mineral scarcity in the advanced options (i've seen a fair number of no-metals evil biomes) and this is important because the Dark Goblin Fortress sends goblins based on
    goblins available to be sent
    fortress wealth (craft weapons/armor or cook masterpieces)
    number of dwarfs (I think others have said you need 80?)

Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

narwhalsToot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone help me find a reanimating, terrifying biome?
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 10:42:00 am »

Thanks! Got an awesome embark with this