Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Wizards' Wacky Death Race(6?/7): Pre-Race Preparation 5.4. Flames and failure.  (Read 15621 times)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards' Wacky Death Race(7/7): Pre-Race Preparation 3
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2016, 06:29:37 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"What I want should be kinda obvious but less go with something weird anyway"

A dullahan professional race driver and a elf mechanic
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2016, 07:15:21 am »

Gloshi already knows exactly who he wants to drive, because it's who ANYONE should want to drive their vehicles, the Stig. As for who will run the idol to gun, ONCE HE FIXES IT FROM BEING THAT ABOMINATION, he chooses another copy of himself.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2016, 04:31:56 pm »

Vehicle Construction Turn 4: Of Future Selves, Clones, Elves, And Necromancy. And GM Failure.

Stage 4 Crew: The Dog Will Go Where I want It To Go

Okay then... necromantic control system. Can't be too hard to roll for, right?

(4) (1)

The first die produces something viable. Necromantic control gem. The downside? It's not automatic. You'll need to apply your will to it each phase in order to control it. Though the gem itself does help a bit.

The second roll... if you were to use that, it would cease to be a vehicle and start being... good grief. A hazard, much like those Midnight Crew blokes the probability mage has.

Manual Necromantic Control Gem:
Manual(must roll CMP each phase you take control of your "vehicle", gem provides a +1 CMP bonus to help you, if it isn't damaged at least)
Control(allows you to dictate your "vehicle"'s actions... provided your CMP roll was high enough)

Necrohazard Gem:
GRAAAGH(causes your "vehicle" to become a course hazard)

Roll 1: Wind spirits and Wind mages, who are competent enough at bending air magic to their will that they might lessen the effects of the tornado on the craft.
Roll 2: Eldritch abominations, so terrifying and unholy that a single look would send any mortal into insanity.

(6) (6)

((what))

Well then.

The first roll nets you a batch of four ascended wind mages. That is to say, wind mages who have woven a permanent enchantment into their bodies which causes them to become air elementals.
They do, in fact, have enough control to take control of the tornado.
They also have enough power to basically overcharge the tornado.

Basically? It'll be less likely to harm your craft, but if it does so, it'll be much more damaging.

The second roll nets you a sack of black spheres.

"You do NOT want to actually see what those things are. The shells around them are not for their protection, but for yours."

Well then.

Ascended Wind Mages:
Wind Elementals(have extreme control and power over wind, immune to physical attacks)

Eldritch Eggs:
Unhatched(you may hatch them to release the creatures within. This may give you a crew. Or it might destroy your vehicle. Or it might do something else horrible.)
Eldritch(HAHA... also, you can use a POT roll to amplify them in some manner.)

OMG OMG MIDNIGHT CREW SQUEEEEEEE

puts on some appropriate music and dons an aura of darkness

This is crew phase right?  I don't suppose I could get a certain band of card-themed psychopaths without having to roll for them?

As for the crew I want to roll for...Hmm.

Let's see if I can make a proper magitech AI that runs on a network of nanomachines.

If not, can I get a crew of androids with laser beams?

Well, you can, but the key word is psychopaths. If you get them, they will likely try to kill you.

"The roll is for crew. If you want the Midnight Crew for a crew roll, you could roll to brainwash them instead of rolling to summon them."

Well, that works.

Midnight Crew, AI. Here goes.

(3) (2)

The brainwashing fails. Not horribly, thankfully. You didn't make anything worse. Or better.

The AI? Yeah, it's a bit faulty. Not actively psychopathic, but... well, it's bad, and it's only going to get worse.

Midnight Crew:
Still Psychopaths(more of a course hazard than a crew)
Midnight Crew, after all(rather dangerous)

Faulty AI:
Faulty(50% chance of misinterpreting any command you give it)
AI(has control over your ship)
Might Even Get Worse(taking damage will make the AI worse)

(For Turn 4) Clones

(6) (4)

A pile of cats... yup, clones of you explode out of the first die you throw.

They promptly claim to be clones of your future self. The one who won the race. Hm.

The second die you throw also gets you a pile of clones of you.

They seem to have light amnesia. Hm.

Future Self Clones:
Future Selves(may give you advice on how to act)
Please Don't Cause a Paradox(should you become unable to win the race, or should you lose it, you cause a paradox. This is bad.)

Amnesiac Clones:
Amnesiac(may forget your orders and act on their own volition as a result)

A dullahan professional race driver and a elf mechanic

(5) (6)

Well, that worked out relatively well.

The headless spirit known as a dullahan arrives to drive your vehicle. Wonderful.

The elf mechanic, however? Well, he seems very skilled. Just... he's an elf. One of the kind that respect nature.

Dullahan Driver:
Afraid of Gold(will refuse to drive towards gold)
Skilled Driver(drive further, dodge attacks better)
No Barrier Shall Stop Ye(all doors, locks, gates, whatnot will not stop your vehicle)

Hippy Elf Mechanic:
Respect for Nature(will not like it if you hunt animals or damage nature in any other way)
Super Skills(very good at repairing vehicles)
Natural Integration(will slowly convert your vehicle to living wood if you let him do the repairs)

Gloshi already knows exactly who he wants to drive, because it's who ANYONE should want to drive their vehicles, the Stig. As for who will run the idol to gun, ONCE HE FIXES IT FROM BEING THAT ABOMINATION, he chooses another copy of himself.

(5) (6)

The first die produces a man in a featureless white racing suit. It's HIM.

The second die produces a copy of yourself. But... oh. A few flicks of eyeballs establish that he's your future self. Well then.

The White Stig:
Extremely Skilled Driver(will drive faster, more maneuverable too, better at getting around obstacles as well)
Mute(will not speak)

Future Gloshi:
Future Self(more skilled than you are right now, will cause a paradox if you don't win or become unable to win)

((I would like to note that Phase 5 can be used to generate artifacts/special things, but can also reroll bad results from earlier phases.))

You seem to have forgotten me.

As for crew, I'll take Pink Floyd's stage engineers to deal with lights and sound, last year's Paris-Dakar rally truck champions to do the driving, and groupies to mosh, support, and do odd jobs.

Then again, that's three things. Pick two.

Thanks.
I'll take last year's Paris-Dakar rally truck champions to do the driving, and groupies to mosh, support, deal with lights and sound, and do odd jobs.

(5) (3)

A portal opens, and out step three very confused truck drivers.

Exactly the people you're looking for.

Gerard de Rooy, Moises Torrallardona, and Darek Rodewald.

Now, if only they spoke English-owwwww. Apparently having a telepathic connection installed hurts. But that works.

Devoted female fans of your music... yes! Or rather, just female fans of your music. Not too devoted, but they should be able to help out.

Dakar Rally Truck Driving Champions:
Skilled Off-Road Truck Drivers(better at navigating unusual terrain. Much better, in fact.)
Telepathic Connection(you can communicate with them telepathically, and this transcends language barriers)

Groupies:
A Bit Of Extra Labor(not too good at any one thing, can help out with a variety of tasks though)
Flimsy Loyalty(might not hang around if things get tough)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 06:25:41 pm by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards' Wacky Death Race(7/7): Pre-Race Preparation 4
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2016, 04:39:29 pm »

Roll 1: Time and Space Hypercube, granting the user some level of control over one of the two elements at a time.
Roll 2: Leech Abomination, one that drains the durability of other vehicles and returns it to its home vehicle, as long as it is not severed.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2016, 04:51:53 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"I am rather thankful for the assistance of you both, now I need these wheels"

Reroll for all-terrain wheels
If above roll was 1 or 2 re-roll for wheels again. If not roll for a cornucopia (Wait affinity... it only produces water and food that was cooked trough steam?)

« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 04:56:03 pm by ziizo »
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2016, 04:52:13 pm »

"Paradox? Phmh i've already caused many of them, it doesn't matter if I cause another.
Turn 5= Reroll weaponry of turn 3. And choose Future Self Clones.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2016, 05:32:00 pm »

Gloshi is VERY happy with how this set of rolls turned out. So now, he chooses to fix the most major fuck ups that happened along the way. He rerolls the spider legs, and the thing that would have been an alter to GUN!

(Also, can I just say, our entire team is mute, the Gloshis can just make their intent known through unknown means. Also, even if I fuck up the reroll, the Stig can still make up for some of the biggest weaknesses of the spider legs, while also providing a bonus to their primary strength)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 05:36:32 pm by Failbird105 »

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2016, 05:43:25 pm »

Why am I on the GM's ignore list?...
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2016, 06:08:24 pm »

oh dangit. Give me a minute.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2016, 06:17:33 pm »

Thanks.
I'll take last year's Paris-Dakar rally truck champions to do the driving, and groupies to mosh, support, deal with lights and sound, and do odd jobs.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2016, 12:47:56 am »

(FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF I can't believe I forgot you were gonna start this and I missed this. This I what I get for being so busy I can't bay12 for over a week.) Ah well PTW. Part of me wants to maybe try and join and make it an even 8 if I can get caught up on past rounds, but I'd understand if that can't happen. It'd probably give me an unfair advantage anyway to be honest. Just gonna go through the thread for now.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2016, 05:58:14 pm »

(FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF I can't believe I forgot you were gonna start this and I missed this. This I what I get for being so busy I can't bay12 for over a week.) Ah well PTW. Part of me wants to maybe try and join and make it an even 8 if I can get caught up on past rounds, but I'd understand if that can't happen. It'd probably give me an unfair advantage anyway to be honest. Just gonna go through the thread for now.
Nah, I can't take any more racers. Too much difficulty for me.
Reasons: Name:
1. I don't think I'm good enough of a GM to handle more than 7 racers. Spheres(choose 3):
2. Having more than 7 racers might end up making things more difficult for the other racers. Domain(choose Sponsored Racer(which one?) or Area):
3. I've already got something planned for those who couldn't get in for the race. Eldritch Ability(choose 2): Creature Corruption, Spell Manipulation, Landscape ShapingCreate-Your-Own.
~~~I'll post the eldritch entity rules sooner or later. Abridged version: you start out with a certain number of power points which you can spend to use your abilities. Power points may be
Right ho. wagered and traded and whatnot. It is difficult to create new power points, but there are ways to do so.
Missing a few people.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2016, 02:21:59 am »

Its fine. Honestly I probably couldn't handle this many myself even without the magic aspect. Looks good so far by the way.

So, is the fact that people get two random copies of what they asked for instead of 1 a way of reducing the effects of bad luck, or something to that affect?
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2016, 10:52:31 am »

Reroll my AI.

I'm going to wait for the results of that to decide on my second roll.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 10:54:39 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2016, 11:29:14 am »

So, is the fact that people get two random copies of what they asked for instead of 1 a way of reducing the effects of bad luck, or something to that affect?
Each phase, each player gets to choose two things, then I roll on both of those two things and output what I think should be the result.
But yes, it is meant to reduce the effects of bad luck to some degree. Plus the Special Phase.
~~~
Just missing Maegil now, methinks. And Skeliborn. Aka starwars.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10