Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: You are a Minor Lovecraftian Horror 2[7/Inf]  (Read 4706 times)

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Minor Lovecraftian Horror 2[6/Inf]
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2016, 04:34:34 pm »

100 ft complete darkness costs more than 500 feet complete darkness? Think there may have been a typo there somewhere.

I messed that up I think.
So just ignore the 100ft one or?
Fixed
Thanks.

What effect does the [Relay] trait have on [Broodmother]?

None, Relay enhances Magic and Powers, in this case they are used as synonyms.

Also, I am gonna delete all current traits because most of them are too OP or are just clutter.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Minor Lovecraftian Horror 2[7/Inf]
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2016, 04:35:58 pm »

Also, I am gonna delete all current traits because most of them are too OP or are just clutter.
But I was planning on using those to make monsters?

Is it so bad if I use Broodmothers?

Also, miss the usual suspects like Hollowed Ground and Plaguebringer.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 04:37:54 pm by Demonic Spoon »

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2016, 04:42:32 pm »

Just do a price check on the traits you want. Broodmother is fine.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2016, 04:48:45 pm »

Just do a price check on the traits you want. Broodmother is fine.
Trait Pricecheck:
Broodmother: Can birth monsters
Sightblinding: Cause permanent blindness and the rotting out of the eyes of mortals.
Extremely Slow: This creature's crawling is slow, but inevitable.
Immobile: This monster is incapable of moving under its own power, but can be transported by others.
Sunlight Weakness: This creatures acts pretty much like a vampire in sunlight, dying rapidly.
Sun-Gold Weakness: This creature is particularly weak to gold that has been formed into sun-shapes
Moon-Silver Weakness: This creature is particularly weak to silver that has been shaped into crescent moon shapes.
Sea-Water Weakness: This creature is weak to water from the sea (does not include non-sea origin saltwater)
Coffee Weakness: Coming into contact with coffee burns like acid.
Mild Unease: This monster causes weak fear in nearby mortals ((I mostly want to use this to maintain fear levels among followers I attract))

EDIT:
Space-warping: The space in the area around this monster is subtly distorted, making navigation difficult. Especially so if those trying to move through this area are unable to see.
Earth-Moving: This creature can shape ground and stone to form simple walls and ditches, mostly to make mazes or fortifications.

EDIT2:
Can I set it so my own creatures function fine in darkness my monsters generate or do I need a trait like [Echolocation]?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 05:01:17 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2016, 04:54:57 pm »

How about <Strength, X per tier> or <Weakness, X,+ or * Y per tier> For scalable traits? it would make it less cluttery for traits like auras with adjustable radii, or adjustable intensity.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2016, 05:07:07 pm »

Trait Pricecheck:
Broodmother: Can birth monsters
Sightblinding: Cause permanent blindness and the rotting out of the eyes of mortals.
Extremely Slow: This creature's crawling is slow, but inevitable.
Immobile: This monster is incapable of moving under its own power, but can be transported by others.
Sunlight Weakness: This creatures acts pretty much like a vampire in sunlight, dying rapidly.
Sun-Gold Weakness: This creature is particularly weak to gold that has been formed into sun-shapes
Moon-Silver Weakness: This creature is particularly weak to silver that has been shaped into crescent moon shapes.
Sea-Water Weakness: This creature is weak to water from the sea (does not include non-sea origin saltwater)
Coffee Weakness: Coming into contact with coffee burns like acid.
Mild Unease: This monster causes weak fear in nearby mortals ((I mostly want to use this to maintain fear levels among followers I attract))

EDIT:
Space-warping: The space in the are around this monster is subtly distorted, making navigation difficult. Especially so if those trying to move through this area are unable to see.
Earth-Moving: This creature can shape ground and stone to form simple walls and ditches, mostly to make mazes or fortifications.

@Demonic Spoon
[Broodmother] <x13>Can spawn one monster a turn that doesn't provide fear. The spawned monster has a total fear cap of 3F.
[Sight Blinding]<x6>Cause permanent blindness and the rotting out of the eyes of mortals. Causes fear in mortals new to your cult.
[Extremely Slow]<x0.4>This creature's crawling is slow, but inevitable.
[Immobile]<x.2>This monster is incapable of moving under its own power, but can be transported by others.
[Weakness +1]<x0.8>This monster is slightly harmed by the thing it is weak to. It has a weak hatred towards the object, but will not go out of it's way to avoid it.
[Weakness +2]<x0.6>This monster is moderately harmed by the thing it is weak to. It has a strong hatred towards the object, and will try to avoid the object
[Weakness +3]<x0.4>This Monster can be fatally harmed by the thing it is weak to. It has a burning hatred for the object, and will avoid the object no matter what.
[Space Warping]<x4>The Space around the monster is distorted and weird, causing all five senses to be distorted.
[Earth-Moving]<x10>This monster can manipulate moderately strengthened around it into walls and structures.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2016, 05:42:43 pm »

[Weakness +1]<x0.8>This monster is slightly harmed by the thing it is weak to. It has a weak hatred towards the object, but will not go out of it's way to avoid it.
[Weakness +2]<x0.6>This monster is moderately harmed by the thing it is weak to. It has a strong hatred towards the object, and will try to avoid the object
[Weakness +3]<x0.4>This Monster can be fatally harmed by the thing it is weak to. It has a burning hatred for the object, and will avoid the object no matter what.
this is a prime example of what I mean. this could easily be compacted to
Code: [Select]
[Weakness, max +3]<0.8,-0.2 per tier> This monster is harmed by the thing it is weak to, with the amount of harm it suffers increasing with the tier. They hate the object in question, and will attempt to avoid the object with greater urgency per tier.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 05:46:20 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2016, 05:58:40 pm »

So could I sent Darkness Generators to the moon to blanket it in darkness?
And put Darkness Generators in orbit?

You said space was fair game right? And I can teleport?

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2016, 06:19:03 pm »

So could I sent Darkness Generators to the moon to blanket it in darkness?
And put Darkness Generators in orbit?

You said space was fair game right? And I can teleport?

Sure

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2016, 06:34:27 pm »

So, the numbers next to the abilities (for instance the <x13> next to Broodmother) is the Fear cost?
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2016, 06:36:00 pm »

So, the numbers next to the abilities (for instance the <x13> next to Broodmother) is the Fear cost?
You multiply the base fear cost of the monster (3 Fear) by the amount, for example 3*13, giving a fear cost of 39.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 06:38:17 pm by Demonic Spoon »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2016, 06:39:38 pm »

You multiply the base fear cost of the monster (3 Fear) by the amount, for example x13, giving a fear cost of 39.
Ah, so there comes the advantage of weaknesses. They cut the cost by quite a bit. Thanks for clearing that up.

Edit: also, what time period is this? What kind of tech can we expect the humans to have?

« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 06:42:10 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2016, 06:44:34 pm »

You multiply the base fear cost of the monster (3 Fear) by the amount, for example x13, giving a fear cost of 39.
Ah, so there comes the advantage of weaknesses. They cut the cost by quite a bit. Thanks for clearing that up.

Edit: also, what time period is this? What kind of tech can we expect the humans to have?
Should be the modern day USA I believe, but with nine tenths of humanity dead/gone
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 06:46:40 pm by Demonic Spoon »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2016, 06:50:36 pm »

Noted. Now then, time to get the creative juices flowing.

Price on causing frostbite via proximity and/or contact?

Glory to United Forenia!

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2016, 07:17:45 pm »

Oh hey, look at this. Its back....Hmm, should I go make the same character I did last time or should I make a new one? That is the question...
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4