Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 64864 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay
« Reply #690 on: March 25, 2017, 12:14:10 am »

Report from Cpl Aylia.
Personnel status:
Aylia - Healthy
Cho Ja - Healthy
Solam - KIA - cart recovery failure
Dar - Healthy
Asiin - KIA - wisher zombie
Ebony - KIA - local flora
Trier - KIA - hostile insertion point
Yarrick - KIA - hostile insertion point
Samuel - KIA - cart recovery failure
Jack - KIA - hostile insertion point (wisher revival) KIA - wisher zombie
Noir - wounded - cart recovery failure
Terrance - KIA - wisher
Unknown individual inserted with team - KIA - self-destructive behavior

Star Sprite Status:
1 KIA, 1 isolated (recovery pending), 1 active

Equipment status:
1 cart operational, 1 cart destroyed, surviving team members still have majority of individual equipment, casualty individual equipment lost.

Mission status:
Hostile insertion point combined with lack of familiarization with mission-critical equipment caused loss of both carts and several casualties shortly following insertion. An encounter with a powerful wish-related-entity occured, causing death of Terrance, revival of Jack, carts to be reconstituted in orbit, and a curse placed causing casualties to become hostile zombies. Aylia injured restraining Terrance-zombie in forelimb, leaving Noir as only flight-capable individual until healing complete. cart-recovery operations commenced, after multiple failed attempts and effects of dehydration becoming noticeable upon team Noir sent to fly to cart and fly it in. on following pass Aylia, having finished healing, did the same, Noir attempting to land one of the carts on same pass. Noir's attempt fails, crashing cart in middle of team at orbital speeds, killing several. resulting zombies kill several more of team and force remainder to scatter and flee area. Aylia successfully recovered 2nd cart. survivors re-gathered near south pole. Area secured near local limited food source and water collection apparatus dependant upon individuals casting frost magic constructed, cart contains additional supplies sufficient for several weeks due to casualties.
Requesting relief team sent to our location to continue mission and extraction for surviving team members shortly following, allowing time for surviving team members to brief relief team upon local area. current team is capable of continuing mission if necessary, but failure risk is signifigant due to casualty count. no signifigant progress towards objective has been made at this time, though Star sprites seem capable of sensing objective location and sending some with relief team is reccomended.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 25, 2017, 12:26:15 am »

I want to shift to star sprite, and fly out to recover asiin's sprite. it should have become active on its own by now and the fact that it hasn't is concerning. I'd like jack's sprite to fly out with me to assist once it's had a chance to recover from delivering the report to Omega also, I want to be in star sprite form while it goes to report, observing where to go and how to get there in case I have to report in person later or to self-insert on a future mission.

I thought it was 13-foot diameter rather than 10-foot? anyways I want to know if my tentacles sting and/or have poison, and if they sting on their own or if I can choose not to. I want to know why the floaty I acquired was a home to life, do I excrete food/water somehow? I want to know my diet, do I eat metal? photosenthysize? filter feed? I want to know roughly how strong my tentacles are. I want to roughly know my weight limits as well.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 01:36:29 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 25, 2017, 12:42:42 am »

((is aylia in noirs sight? Also holy fuck this mission everyone but 4 people are dead and one of the 4 is injured.))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 25, 2017, 01:05:16 am »

((Yep, flew the cart full of supplies down to you and Dar.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 25, 2017, 01:48:53 am »

Noir's expression shifts upon seeing aylia to one of relief without a doubt worry disappearing from their body as they quietly smile.
"Your okay aylia?"

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 25, 2017, 02:46:04 am »

Grab noir by he face and enable decay tattoo, gain top 3 position in interdimensional survivor gameshow.

Investigate cart for mission critical items, do not interact with them if they are part of the cart.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 25, 2017, 05:00:10 am »

((Whoops, forgot to check the thread.))

Dar'yajira purrs as he cuddles up to Noir, starting to drift off.  He looks up and blinks sleepily when Noir asks her question, and he takes a moment to respond "Dar'yajira is certain Shifter is fine, Cat senses it.  Few creatures challenge that which is all." he pauses for a couple seconds, then continues with a hiss, practically spitting some words "Twoleg will most likely die in this harsh place.  It is soft and foolish, like all its kin, like all prey."

With that sour statement, he closes his eyes again and quickly drifts off in Noir's lap, finally feeling safe enough to get some sleep.

Kitty's sleeping in Noir's lap.  If awoken, he'll happily greet Aylia and help out in any way he can, but otherwise he'll continue to blissfully enjoy his warm bed.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 25, 2017, 07:34:21 am »

Noir's expression shifts upon seeing aylia to one of relief without a doubt worry disappearing from their body as they quietly smile.
"Your okay aylia?"
"Yeah, just tired. and I still have a lot to do."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 25, 2017, 08:13:28 am »

((Whoops, forgot to check the thread.))

Dar'yajira purrs as he cuddles up to Noir, starting to drift off.  He looks up and blinks sleepily when Noir asks her question, and he takes a moment to respond "Dar'yajira is certain Shifter is fine, Cat senses it.  Few creatures challenge that which is all." he pauses for a couple seconds, then continues with a hiss, practically spitting some words "Twoleg will most likely die in this harsh place.  It is soft and foolish, like all its kin, like all prey."

With that sour statement, he closes his eyes again and quickly drifts off in Noir's lap, finally feeling safe enough to get some sleep.

Kitty's sleeping in Noir's lap.  If awoken, he'll happily greet Aylia and help out in any way he can, but otherwise he'll continue to blissfully enjoy his warm bed.
okay.

Grab noir by he face and enable decay tattoo, gain top 3 position in interdimensional survivor gameshow.

Investigate cart for mission critical items, do not interact with them if they are part of the cart.

Well well well. You start tossing items about, inspecting everything for potential "mission critical nature." you find food, some spare clothing, and a bar of some soft, yellow substance. Doesn't smell like honey. Maybe those ropes, or that ceramic pot with the wax seal and the string hanging out of it? the little metal things with the rope look like junk.

I want to shift to star sprite, and fly out to recover asiin's sprite. it should have become active on its own by now and the fact that it hasn't is concerning. I'd like jack's sprite to fly out with me to assist once it's had a chance to recover from delivering the report to Omega also, I want to be in star sprite form while it goes to report, observing where to go and how to get there in case I have to report in person later or to self-insert on a future mission.

I thought it was 13-foot diameter rather than 10-foot? anyways I want to know if my tentacles sting and/or have poison, and if they sting on their own or if I can choose not to. I want to know why the floaty I acquired was a home to life, do I excrete food/water somehow? I want to know my diet, do I eat metal? photosenthysize? filter feed? I want to know roughly how strong my tentacles are. I want to roughly know my weight limits as well.
Edit: 13 foot, if that's what i said before. you'd have to test your tentacles on something living to find out if they sting or have poison. The difference in scale makes it hard to tell if you secrete enough nourishment to be the source of the ecosystem you saw. Yes, you eat metal. You pull it up under yourself to your mouth, which is on the bottom, and swallow it whole. How long it takes to digest is unclear, but the small amount you eat for the test must have been digested on the trip back to the cart, as you didn't need to vomit it out when you changed forms. You eat other things as well, including living things that get close enough to your tentacles. Your rough weight limits are: to remain floating: about three full sized humanoids. You would have been able to slow the cart if needed, but you could not carry it. You could carry one full sized humanoid more or less indefinitely, but to carry two, you would be limited in range to a couple dozen yards or so. Your tentacles are pretty sturdy wit ha good grip. in that form, you could hold a full sized horse above the ground with relative ease.

You send the report via Jack's sprite. You are in sprite form while doing this and ask the Sprite about the transfer. She warns you not to try to transfer after her, as you cold end up "In Between." "Because you don't know where you are going." Watching her as she leaves, the mechanism by which she transfers to Omega seems simple enough, though, when she goes - in a bright flash - she disappears from your sight, and then your senses, rather suddenly. Following would be a challenge.

The Star Sprite doesn't return, at least, not in the way it leaves. While you are waiting, A man in armor stands among you, knee deep in lichen. Almost at the same time you notice the man, you sense the presence of the Sprite. The man scans the sky and the horizon slowly, and then closes his eyes for a moment, head tilted back a bit.

I have some questions about your report.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 08:25:19 am by Ozarck »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 25, 2017, 08:17:04 am »

"Understandable, please go ahead."

To save time: Aylia answers all questions completely and honestly to the best of her ability. She does distinguish between what she saw herself and what she was told by others (ex: events at floor collapse / cart crash ) and  she does stat what the wisher called itself. She does not know why she asked it what she asked, and she believes her memories have been modified. She is very angry about the mission start, and relates the lack of proper briefing and lack of equipment familiarization details with pleasure and venom towards the mission planner in tone, but does her best to keep her words objective and is respectful towards her superiors as a whole. Her perspective on the start location was that it was dangerous, so the team's immediate taskings were to scout out a way out of there, but that the floor collapsed before they were able to find a way out that wasn't either impassible to the carts as best we knew or was through even less stable rooms than the initial insertion. and when time ran out, nobody was able to move the carts effectively because nobody knew anything about how to use them. if he asks her opinion, the mission planner displayed criminal negligence, simply throwing personnel and resources at the problem with no thought to their proper use.
Regarding her people, she wants an award given to each of the dead, to ease their families and friends, and she wants rewards to be given to Dar and Cho, and a smaller one, but still a reward, for Noir, as well as her getting some therapudic aid, preferably from a clergy member knowlegeable in absolution of guilt.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 04:50:02 pm by Lenglon »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: March 25, 2017, 08:27:04 am »

Ah, ahem. It it the same man in armor that greeted you upon your first arrival at Omega. I meant to mention that, but got lost in description. Also, I edited the post to answer your floaty questions

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 25, 2017, 08:29:36 am »

response modified.

edit: and now modified again.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 04:51:55 pm by Lenglon »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 25, 2017, 02:08:56 pm »

Noir looks at  the man in confusion their wings down one slightly messed up looking..she dident recognize them she had only talked to the reporting man and had been recruited rather unconventially and so decided to ask a question.
"W-who are you?"

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: March 25, 2017, 06:37:24 pm »

Observe the armored fellow from the cart, if I'm not close enough to hear what he says move closer.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49