Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 65124 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Mechanical Despair: Complete Collapse
« Reply #585 on: February 16, 2017, 02:48:22 pm »

((I'm not forcing everyone to roll a %chance of instant death die just to help one of us that can be aided in another way. Noir only has to make it back to the crash site alive. from there she can take Aylia's personal provisions from her saddlebags and use those to reach the cart, which can in the meantime be traveling down towards the heart to complete our objective, and then return to the surface directly under Noir and Dar, who can descend to meet them. however, calling for evac is pretty much an all-or-nothing deal, we all go or none do. Oz WILL roll the %chance of catastrophic evac fail die if evac is called at this time, because it's the honest thing to do. yes sy, he won't WANT to. that won't stop him from doing it. same as why Noir crashed the cart even when we needed it that badly and had few other options. he didn't want to do that then either, that's why he listed off the rules established that state what was happening and why.))

((I agree that some of the options I listed off are distasteful. that's why I said they wouldn't be pretty and spoilered them. I could list off the process-of-elimination based reasoning used to arrive at them. but I don't see the point of doing such.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Hey, What Does This Do?
« Reply #586 on: February 16, 2017, 03:08:08 pm »

((Aylia is days away and noir can barely think and talk right now one of her wings is messed up..Noir needs help as soon as possible and she's not willing to sacrifice herself for this mission she hates everything about this Mission noir just wants to get outta here woth you guys asap))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 16, 2017, 03:31:25 pm »

((Aylia is days away and noir can barely think and talk right now one of her wings is messed up..Noir needs help as soon as possible and she's not willing to sacrifice herself for this mission she hates everything about this Mission noir just wants to get outta here woth you guys asap))
((Aylia is minutes or hours away. not days. she's moving at Star Sprite speed.))
((possibly seconds. Star sprites are interstellar-speeds fast))
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 03:33:10 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 16, 2017, 03:38:05 pm »

(((OOOOOOOOHHHHH SWEET))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 17, 2017, 11:31:06 pm »

Noir states at the sprite and then trys...hard not to tear up as she breathes holding her jaw so she can speak comprehensibly as she looks at the sprite ger voice coming out like a sob.
".....p-please...h-halp...halp us..we need to get o-outta here...b-badly...i-I were g-gonna die.. p-please....h-help me...help u-us..I-Ive lost...I-I don't want any-anyone else to die! PLEASE HELP US PLEASE! WE NEED YOU!"
Noir...noir was sobbing very clearly as they try to hold it back they dident want to lose anymore...anymore water.
BEG BEG the sprite to help us say the above.

The Sprite Harrumphs and otherwise ignores you.

Dar'yajira will focus on examining the lichen more closely, figuring out whether or not it's toxic.  He'll also try to keep an eye on Noir and the star sprite, but he does trust her not to be quickly killed by a creature even smaller than him.

He'll also stay close enough to her that it's obvious he's with her.  It would be a pain for her to be teleported out but leave him here.

The lichen smells grassy. Maybe a little oaty. Dar finds no hint of toxin in his examination. Maybe he wants to taste it a little? Heh. heh heh.

Wait, what? Near the bottom of the thing? I ask my partner sprite to continue leading the slowpokes to the cart, and then go to where the other sprite went active to check out why theyre over there.

((I think I can save Noir. Though it's not necessarilly going to be pretty.))
((I can deal with not pretty))
Spoiler: Ideas (click to show/hide)
Oz, you might have input on this, since Aylia knows the mechanics and abilities involved better than Lenglon does.
1) possibly, but the nymph would need to be in connection with large amounts of water somehow. Seems unlikely here. in fact, water nymph form might be a pretty bad idea in this environment. nymphs can sort of channel water via their emotions. anger causes flooding, envy causes something like Samuel's drowning spell.
2)No. Why would it?
3)A possibility. No reason it wouldn't work, really.
4/5) generating large quantities of liquid in this manner would require consumption of large quantities of liquid. When Aylia transforms into large creatures, her energy and sustenance is generally at a level that feels similar to her normal size, but she doesn't tend to produce waste, simply because she doesn't tend to consume a lot in those forms. Given a bit of time, she could fill up in one of those forms and have to urinate or whatever. This may have happened during the last couple days with Giant Frost Cat form, but you have mentioned that form's high metabolism, and the moment has passed, since she's been in regular form for a while. I'd say she probably had to go potty pretty quickly after having switched back, unless she hhad been going as Giant Frost Cat. either way, she doesn't have it in her to do so now.

(1) no hint for you.

okay, so you fly down to the other side of the planet and see Dar sniffing at some red spiky stuff, Noir in poor shape, and a Star Sprite just looking annoyed as all hell. The Star Sprite spots you. Her eyes open wide and she starts to giggle. She tries to hide her amusement, she really, really does, but it leaks out anyway.

use sorcery to buff our endurance, continue as long as ebony is able.
You guys make good time and knock off a day's worth of travel. So, you have moved about two days worth so far, I think. Feel free to remind me.

Hey, Twinwolf. Ebony awake and active? She miiiiight be able to help out a bit, if she cares to take some time to do some wizarding.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 18, 2017, 02:40:55 am »

Aylia's high metabolism thing is primarilly for her base form, though it bleeds over to all her other ones to a greater or lesser extent.

I giggle a bit too, but ask: "Okay, okay, what am I doing wrong? Do you mind showing me how to do better?"
Get tips on how to star sprite.

"Dar? Noir? Why are you way down here? What happened to Noir? Where is the other cart?"
Talk to teammates to get up to speed about what happened.

probable plan then, now that Aylia finally finds out that there's even a problem, is she'll shift to Giant Frost Cat, and work with dar to make a cone and a catch-basin, then freeze the cone, so that all the water from the freeze and from the condensation onto its cold surface will drip into the basin.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 18, 2017, 09:49:18 am »

Sorry, wasn't sure what to do besides resting when neccesary. I thought she was too tired to cast. Rest below:

((I'm looking at spells - Bind Wounds, Freeze, Lightning Arc, Identify Magic, Unbind Magic. Then, Detect Mundane Trap, Detect Magical Trap, Spring/Disarm Mundane Trap, Shadow Observer and Obscuring Mist. I'm not sure which of these spells could help us go faster. I'm assuming you're not talking about helping with Noir. Does the Star Sprite we're following actually tell us of what's ahead, or do the fastest possible route? Perhaps next time we take a break, try the shadow observer to scout out the route ahead to make sure the sprite isn't going to try to guide us into a monster or something.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 18, 2017, 10:07:46 am »

Sorry, wasn't sure what to do besides resting when neccesary. I thought she was too tired to cast. Rest below:

((I'm looking at spells - Bind Wounds, Freeze, Lightning Arc, Identify Magic, Unbind Magic. Then, Detect Mundane Trap, Detect Magical Trap, Spring/Disarm Mundane Trap, Shadow Observer and Obscuring Mist. I'm not sure which of these spells could help us go faster. I'm assuming you're not talking about helping with Noir. Does the Star Sprite we're following actually tell us of what's ahead, or do the fastest possible route? Perhaps next time we take a break, try the shadow observer to scout out the route ahead to make sure the sprite isn't going to try to guide us into a monster or something.))
wiiiiiiizaaaaaarrrrrdiiiiiiing. You can research new spells, yo. May as well, you got some time on your hands. You can use spells you have now as ta template, or even the ones etched into Cho's carapace. Or something else entirely.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 18, 2017, 10:13:17 am »

...I did not realize I could. Wouldn't I need a spare spellbook?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 18, 2017, 10:21:10 am »

...I did not realize I could. Wouldn't I need a spare spellbook?
some paper or something.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 18, 2017, 02:42:32 pm »

Noir would almost attempt to fling herself at aylia of course it would be easy to dodge considering poor noirs clearly dehydrated state and in a clearly...well..she defintly has a broken jaw and her nose is probably broken.
"A-Aylia! A-y-aylia! I-I f-fall c-craash..t-t-thirasty"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 18, 2017, 02:59:40 pm »

Yeah, I'm not getting hit by that, especially in this form.

"Okay, Noir, don't try to talk, just rest. Dar, fill me in, what happened?"

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 18, 2017, 04:30:26 pm »

Keep moving until ebony needs to rest.

Attempt to summon edible bugs during rest period.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 18, 2017, 05:04:25 pm »

Keep on moving. At breaks, study the spells in Cho's carapace. Write them down on whatever paper I can find - If I live, I could use them.
Sigtext!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 18, 2017, 09:13:36 pm »

Dar initially regards the newcomer sprite warily, assuming that it's a messenger.  After Noir calls out her name, however, he realizes her true nature and gleefully runs over "Shifter!  Dar'yajira was worried, very worried for Shifter!  It thought Shifter was dead, but found its nature far away, and cat feared it was lost!  But now Shifter is back, it can help save Halfdragon!

He pauses there, lowering his head and thinking for several seconds.  "Halfdragon was wounded when it landed.  Dar'yajira as well, but it fell better.  Cat considered leading Halfdragon to Shifter, but the distance was too far, and too bare; instead, it led Halfdragon to food and water, or... the closest it could find to such things."  He looks back over at the lichen, and the dew that's begun to collect along the surface of the metal.  His ears fold back and he continues in an apologetic tone "...Dar'yajira is still unsure lichen is safe to eat.  It simply could not sense any better, not in this dead nature.  It also cannot smell nor hear prey, which worries it; if plant is food, it is eaten."

Dar fills in Aylia on what happened since the fall into space, then assists her in whatever way she requests.  Not sure how a thumbless feline can help make a catch basis, but he'll try his damndest.  Edit: She apparently wants him to help form large metal plates.  He'll buff his strength as much as possible, perhaps reapplying the metalcat buff, then try to find a large metal plate that's mostly level with gravity.  Then, he'll try to smash the center in, and bend the edges up, hopefully making a bowl-like shape.  If that actually works, he'll then dent a second sheet... and I guess try to bite a hole into the center, if metalcat form was successful.

If she doesn't need his help, he'll hunt around for some vermin.  Presumably something eats the lichen if it's edible, that's how nature normally works when not in a dead metal world...
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 49