Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 65095 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Hey, What Does This Do?
« Reply #555 on: February 09, 2017, 03:38:18 pm »

((She would though it'd be in my jaw is broken speech.))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 09, 2017, 09:56:57 pm »

Dar'yajira will just curl up tightly next to Noir, and aggressively purr in a futile attempt to help her, or at least calm himself.
Mkay

Noir gives a small sound of pain...before smiling meekly as she saw dar.
Cuddle with dar unless he needs to go then follow him and attempt to heal my jaw agaim with my holy magic....if I somehow still have food share with dar.
"W-wea nead...to find...find aylia...and g-gat o-ouat..."
You drop something as you reach for Dar. You pet him and try to heal yourself. Nothing happens.

No, you don't have any food on you.

The scale of the place is VERY confusing because apparently it can be orbited in 1-2 hours, but takes days to direct-route from one spot to another in the same general region? I guess I needed to land closer then, else there was no point in retrieving the food cart. I thought it would take them one full day at worst, more likely about 2 hours. Not sure what to do about this.
Where are people getting 1 to 2 hours for the orbit? Wasn't I tracking thirst in terms of orbits? Also, the ISS orbits earth once every 92 minutes.

Good point, with the eating. Share the ration pack with Cho if he's hungry, if not just eat. Also inform the sprite that I can't fly.
Sure eat some rations.

Also tell the sprite I can't fly... Yet...

You two eat and are more or less satisfied, for the moment.
You inform the Sprite of your landbound nature, and she pauses momentarily.
"Hmm. I see. the route inside will be a bit more complicated then. Better pack up!"

Dar looks up at Noir, eyes wide and worried.  His voice is distraught.  "But... but Shifter is gone!  Under rubble!  Cat could not hear its nature, listened hard and it was not found where it should be!"

In the interest of saving time, I'll assume Noir will explain why Aylia disappeared while Dar was asleep earlier.  Knowing this, he'll start searching for her using his attunement, again.
Let's just say that because your thoughts are aimed at Shifter, you start casting about for her anyway. Your mind is pulled almost straight through the planetoid, deep into dark recesses, through machines of obscure and sinister purpose, past a blazing fire of power, raging energies, consumption, destruction, and ... creation? and onward, into more dark corners wide open spaces, and networks of conflicted harmony until your mind breaches the surface again. At first, you think you have returned to Noir, as the presence seems lost, confused, and unsure, but you quickly recognize that this presence is not wounded, and is more assured in herself. You found her!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 09, 2017, 10:46:40 pm »

Pick up what I dropped?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 10, 2017, 01:32:50 am »

the ISS is outside the atmosphere and air resistance, and exploits that to maintain an absurd speed. the carts are in atmo within 200ft of the ground. if they moved at even remotely the same speeds, their wood and cloth would ignite and the body of the cart would rattle itself apart.

checked past posts and apparently 12hrs was established as orbit time. 1-2 was just what it felt like based on what was acomplished between orbits.

while waiting for the star sprite's return, I might as well try shifting to star sprite myself, and get myself acclimated to the form's quirks.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 10, 2017, 02:31:33 pm »

((Yeah, this place just has very strange orbital mechanics.  Orbit is as trivial as leaping off the side, and the extreme winds apparently draw things further into orbit.  It's also extremely fast, seeing as Dar and Noir spent a single turn orbiting, for only a few minutes at most judging by the latter's actions, yet ended up days away and somehow practically adjacent to each other on top of that.))

Dar suddenly goes stiff and tense, wriggling away out of Noir's grasp.  He then stands firmly in front of her with his head and tail raised high, his earlier exhaustion clearly gone "Shifter!  Dar'yajira has found Shifter!  It is not gone, it is merely lost!  These ones can go and... oh..."

The sudden burst of energy drains away from him as he speaks, returning the feline to a sad hunched posture.  "Shifter is very far, very very far.  Much too far.  Cat... Cat could hunt and travel perhaps, if it learned the nature of this place, but Halfdragon...  the feline looks over Noir's wounds sadly.  "Halfdragon is much too beaten, much too large.  This one doubts it could feed it, and travel.  Perhaps... perhaps it could attempt to grow fruit here, if this place has hidden life, but... It is so dead!"

He crawls back into her arms slowly.  Once curled up against her, he continues in a low whimper  "Dar'yajira does not know what to do for Halfdragon.  Cat does not know how to save it.

OOC I recognize that this is utterly unnecessary, but Dar will reach his senses out into the nearby landscape and try to figure out if it has anything like food in it, or if he could attempt to grow food somehow.  No actual casting, just evaluating options.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 10, 2017, 02:36:37 pm »

Noir breaths petting dar...and she chuckled in pain.
"D-Der....I'm a d-demiii g-gawd..zill be fineee besides..
W-wee h-have d-daisss....I-I can maybe....if its d-desperate...attempate..t-to sate myeslf..o-on d-dads magic"

Is there anything I can eat or drink in the vicinty that is not dar...can I perhaps consume my fathers dark magic? He had to have somehow...I haven't used holy magic..in a while...I'm gonna need to rellie on my dark magic.Still pick up that thing that Dropped.
((I'm really hoping I can do something instwad of just dying futily from thirst...noirs not dying of starvation for a while.I know I'm not eating dar at least and drinking his blood..pls don't make me ;-; gm sama))
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 02:56:03 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 11, 2017, 08:53:32 pm »

Begin following the star sprite I guess.
Make sure to grab all recoverable supplies beforehand.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 11, 2017, 09:13:10 pm »

Yeah, following as well. Do I still feel super-tired or is my energy coming back?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 12, 2017, 12:15:30 pm »

the ISS is outside the atmosphere and air resistance, and exploits that to maintain an absurd speed. the carts are in atmo within 200ft of the ground. if they moved at even remotely the same speeds, their wood and cloth would ignite and the body of the cart would rattle itself apart.

checked past posts and apparently 12hrs was established as orbit time. 1-2 was just what it felt like based on what was acomplished between orbits.

while waiting for the star sprite's return, I might as well try shifting to star sprite myself, and get myself acclimated to the form's quirks.
You shift. You become small, smaller, smaller. The world seems, at first, to expand, and then to contract. Your senses widen, and you begin to really notice the other planetoids floating a 'short' way off, in every direction. Some are like this one, others are rocky, some are living. You begin to move about, feeling the movement of the form. at first, it feels ridiculously fast, but as your senses expand, you feel sluggish, too large, and ungainly. You wonder if you could even reach the closest planetoids without being completely spent.

((Yeah, this place just has very strange orbital mechanics.  Orbit is as trivial as leaping off the side, and the extreme winds apparently draw things further into orbit.  It's also extremely fast, seeing as Dar and Noir spent a single turn orbiting, for only a few minutes at most judging by the latter's actions, yet ended up days away and somehow practically adjacent to each other on top of that.))

Dar suddenly goes stiff and tense, wriggling away out of Noir's grasp.  He then stands firmly in front of her with his head and tail raised high, his earlier exhaustion clearly gone "Shifter!  Dar'yajira has found Shifter!  It is not gone, it is merely lost!  These ones can go and... oh..."

The sudden burst of energy drains away from him as he speaks, returning the feline to a sad hunched posture.  "Shifter is very far, very very far.  Much too far.  Cat... Cat could hunt and travel perhaps, if it learned the nature of this place, but Halfdragon...  the feline looks over Noir's wounds sadly.  "Halfdragon is much too beaten, much too large.  This one doubts it could feed it, and travel.  Perhaps... perhaps it could attempt to grow fruit here, if this place has hidden life, but... It is so dead!"

He crawls back into her arms slowly.  Once curled up against her, he continues in a low whimper  "Dar'yajira does not know what to do for Halfdragon.  Cat does not know how to save it.

OOC I recognize that this is utterly unnecessary, but Dar will reach his senses out into the nearby landscape and try to figure out if it has anything like food in it, or if he could attempt to grow food somehow.  No actual casting, just evaluating options.
There is some form of lichen or something eating away at some part of the metal about half a day's walk from here. Could be edible, could be toxic.

Noir breaths petting dar...and she chuckled in pain.
"D-Der....I'm a d-demiii g-gawd..zill be fineee besides..
W-wee h-have d-daisss....I-I can maybe....if its d-desperate...attempate..t-to sate myeslf..o-on d-dads magic"

Is there anything I can eat or drink in the vicinty that is not dar...can I perhaps consume my fathers dark magic? He had to have somehow...I haven't used holy magic..in a while...I'm gonna need to rellie on my dark magic.Still pick up that thing that Dropped.
((I'm really hoping I can do something instwad of just dying futily from thirst...noirs not dying of starvation for a while.I know I'm not eating dar at least and drinking his blood..pls don't make me ;-; gm sama))
If you want to try to eat your father's dark magic, I won't stop you. I promise that you will not be eating Dar though. Again, you can try - I won't stop you.

The thing you dropped is a wrist band with a small container sewn into it.

Begin following the star sprite I guess.
Make sure to grab all recoverable supplies beforehand.

You luck out and find another carton of travel rations. You and Ebony are probably good for about a week on that. the Sprite Flits ahead and back as you and Ebony begin to move. It is careful to keep you aware of directions, though it seems to get out of sight quickly and often. Eventually, it returns and settles on your shoulder ... or, I don't kow, does Cho have shoulders? She settles on a convenient horizontal part of your chitin or a mandible. You and Ebony make your way back into the Amphitheater and start heading "south" - the opposite direction from where the metalpedes went. You travel at a slow pace for about four hours before Ebony has to rest. "We'll go UP from here. Well, from near here. it's not far to the UP. just a little further." The Star Sprite assures you.

Yeah, following as well. Do I still feel super-tired or is my energy coming back?
You are recovering, but you had a pretty nasty wound and are still pretty tired. You follow Cho as well as you can. there are patches where it gets prety dark and you have to go carefully. Eventually you have to stop and sit.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 12, 2017, 02:04:39 pm »

Noir...thinks...eating dads magic...had to be a last resort...she dident remember how dad fed her exactly or if the magic he was sending her was consumable for enrgy..he could have been feeding her a seperate enegy for all she knew..and she moved to grab the watch breathing deep.
Grab watch open container.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 12, 2017, 04:19:02 pm »

I glance around my more immediate area. my senses have widened greatly, but have they sharpened? Am I more aware of my immediate surroundings, or less?
On a similar subject, my speed has gone way up, but has my manuverability and reaction speed improved to match? Do I need to be very careful about cramped areas or can I flit about without issue?
I seem to have a sense of nearby planetiods and their contents. What does that sense tell me about the one I'm on now? Do I know which one Omega is on, if any?

In fact, while I'm focused on my senses anyway, what about my teammates? my star sprite? Do I have a sense for the bond a star sprite uses to find its partner?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 06:25:55 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 12, 2017, 07:25:27 pm »

"...Halfdragon, Dar'yajira thinks it may sense distant food, or perhaps poison.  Cat cannot tell from this distance.  Can Halfdragon travel?"

If Noir is able to walk, and is willing, Dar will leaf her to the lichen.  If she's immobile, he'll stay with her and keep watch for danger, and perhaps try to search for closer or more reliable food sources.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 13, 2017, 02:37:51 am »

Buff Ebony's constitution while she rests to help her recover.

follow the sprite again when she is recovered enough.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 13, 2017, 06:13:00 am »

Yeah, let's just... rest for a bit.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 13, 2017, 11:16:32 am »

"...Halfdragon, Dar'yajira thinks it may sense distant food, or perhaps poison.  Cat cannot tell from this distance.  Can Halfdragon travel?"

If Noir is able to walk, and is willing, Dar will leaf her to the lichen.  If she's immobile, he'll stay with her and keep watch for danger, and perhaps try to search for closer or more reliable food sources.
"does it bring us fat-farthear awayyh from dah..g-group?"
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 49