Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 65113 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Hey, What Does This Do?
« Reply #540 on: February 05, 2017, 04:23:03 pm »

Thank you, that tells me what I needed to know. pull the spider lever.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 06, 2017, 12:49:49 pm »

Await visual contact with the cart I guess...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 06, 2017, 07:20:20 pm »

"Halfdragon?!  Halfdragon must wake up, it needs to heal itself!  Please, wake up!"

More useless panicked cat yowling.  Dar will continue to lick and/or swat at Noir face in an effort to wake her up, despite the pain the latter likely causes.
Yup. her nose wiggles in a rather unladylike manner when you bat at it.

"M-Mam...mam..hade..hz-artsss iat hutsss"
Noir attempts to arouse herself fully.
I'm going to forego the obvious innuendo here and just roll for it. You sit up. Your face hurts. Your head hurts. Your innuendo hurts. Some kind of horrible monster is yelling in your ear. You see blurrry shapes, slowly resolving into ... more defined shapes. rubble. junk. sky ... rubble. you are able to string words together again and are remembering more about what happened - the crash, the other crash, floating in space, diving after Dar.

Thank you, that tells me what I needed to know. pull the spider lever.
Wings retract, legs extend. the cart skitters a little as the legs on one side seek purchase while the others seek to maintain balance. it ends up with the legs on one side fully extended, and the other side bent almost double. Well, they are tri-segmented, so that side looks like an awkward triangle.

Await visual contact with the cart I guess...
Sure you don't want to maybe summon some fireflys or make a firefly glowbutt paste or something?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 06, 2017, 07:36:54 pm »

I was not aware I had control over which swarm was summoned.

Summoning fireflies it is.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 01:28:36 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 07, 2017, 12:21:50 am »

Arrow lever - sidestep downhill to level the cart out. Then look around in case i have to leave the area, i want a route and alternate picked out. wait for my sprite to return.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 07, 2017, 09:48:08 pm »

Well, Ebony too tired to cast and solo exploration is likely suicidal given her condition, so I guess just some more waiting around.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 08, 2017, 01:02:25 am »

Dar's just gonna keep talking to Noir, begging her to wake up and heal herself.
Noir stares at dar meekly and gives a pained sound gently they breath and try to focus their energy their mind.
FOCUS! FOCUS! if I am able to heal thineself with my holy magic do so.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 08, 2017, 08:24:45 pm »

I was not aware I had control over which swarm was summoned.

Summoning fireflies it is.

You rolled lucky for "I have an idea!" So you are gonna try to control the swarm, anyway. ...(1) you summon one tiny, pustulant, sickly green maggot. (pustulant: an agent which induces formation of pustules. I did not know this, though it seems obvious)

On the bright side, A Start Sprite arrives. "Greetings From Aylia, fellow teammates! I have been sent to guide you to her. Tell me, can you fly?"

Arrow lever - sidestep downhill to level the cart out. Then look around in case i have to leave the area, i want a route and alternate picked out. wait for my sprite to return.
Almost forgot about the sprite. You scrape the bottom of the cart as you shift sideways, but eventually you get it more or less level on a 45 degree slope. You remember a flatter area behind you and turn to look that way - the terrain there looks passable. Best alternate looks like it is descending into the structure, but maybe comes out to the surface again a short way along. Two other routes look more rough, and are going toward unknown parts.

You should know, this place is pretty big, so walking from where they are will take the other teammates days to get to you, at least. probably something like ten days for Cho and Ebony, and twice that for Dar and Noir. I'm not sure how obvious this was. I think I hinted at the scale of the place a few times.

Dar is such a kind, sympathetic soul. Are you feeling well? ((this too, is a good-natured dig :P))

Well, Ebony too tired to cast and solo exploration is likely suicidal given her condition, so I guess just some more waiting around.
you should probably be eating to regain your strength.

Noir stares at dar meekly and gives a pained sound gently they breath and try to focus their energy their mind.
FOCUS! FOCUS! if I am able to heal thineself with my holy magic do so.
You come awake. Head pounding, aching and hurting. You recognize Dar. You call for your healing magic but it does not come.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 08, 2017, 10:35:42 pm »

Noir gives a small sound of pain...before smiling meekly as she saw dar.
Cuddle with dar unless he needs to go then follow him and attempt to heal my jaw agaim with my holy magic....if I somehow still have food share with dar.
"W-wea nead...to find...find aylia...and g-gat o-ouat..."
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 03:38:53 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 09, 2017, 12:46:01 am »

The scale of the place is VERY confusing because apparently it can be orbited in 1-2 hours, but takes days to direct-route from one spot to another in the same general region? I guess I needed to land closer then, else there was no point in retrieving the food cart. I thought it would take them one full day at worst, more likely about 2 hours. Not sure what to do about this.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 09, 2017, 09:25:17 am »

Good point, with the eating. Share the ration pack with Cho if he's hungry, if not just eat. Also inform the sprite that I can't fly.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 11:14:53 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 09, 2017, 09:54:27 am »

Sure eat some rations.

Also tell the sprite I can't fly... Yet...

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 09, 2017, 03:13:56 pm »

Dar looks up at Noir, eyes wide and worried.  His voice is distraught.  "But... but Shifter is gone!  Under rubble!  Cat could not hear its nature, listened hard and it was not found where it should be!"

In the interest of saving time, I'll assume Noir will explain why Aylia disappeared while Dar was asleep earlier.  Knowing this, he'll start searching for her using his attunement, again.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 49