Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 65074 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Hey, What Does This Do?
« Reply #525 on: February 04, 2017, 05:01:51 pm »

Dar'yajira groans as he uncurls himself, starting to stand on his sore legs.  He looks around the little divot that he landed in, and seeing that he's nowhere near his allies, he mutters darkly to himself as he climbs out of the hole "Nnnhh... Rhoguriit.  Dar'yajira vardarse jaa-".

He interrupts himself just as he crests the edge of the pit, seeing a familiar streak of gold falling to what passes for the earth here.  He yells "No!", and immediately charges forward to meet her, his exhaustion and wounds forgotten.  He continually repeats that exclamation over and over as he watches his friend crash into the ground, the relatively short distance he has to travel feeling like miles to the wounded feline.

Dar will struggle over to Noir, and inspect her.  He refuses to believe she's dead, so he'll just lick at her face, trying to get her to wake up.
Dar licks at Noir's eyelid. She does not stir. He feels a pulse though. the heartbeat is irregular, but not weak. her jaw is broken, and her nose is bent sideways. In her hand she clutches an object that smells of Jack.

Can......I feel anything sense anything anything I could grab to help myself? Just don't give up now...
You feel the raspy, dry tongue of a cat, and a lot of pain all over. You feel the warm, sticky wetness of blood on your face, and under it.

Cho Ja

Leave the ration pack with ebony and try to find a stable landing point for the second cart.
if none are apparent nearby try heading upstairs and checking the floor above.
(likely via the amphitheatre)

"Maybe it's best to stick together. Who knows what's still in here?" Ebony says, attempting to get to her feet.

So. Really hungry and thirsty, and tired, but not dead. If she can move, Ebony would pick up the ration pack and follow Cho. Probably best not to split the party when the party is so split already.

In your explorations, you find that the best spot nearby is the room two to the north of your starting point - on the other side of the deep, jagged scar that kept you from moving northward last time. You can get there through the amphitheatre. Another option is the room immediately south of the starting room, if you can get one of the giant hangar doors open. currently those doors are about a foot open, and have sat like that for who knows how long?

is the team before or after crossing the south pole? if after, then i'll keep going at least until then because it'll slow to the same degree down there and I still don't know what happened to my team. If before though, then.. if I see a good spot, then I'll glide the cart in at the north pole for a landing.
The starting point was in the northern hemisphere. You see what looks like a decent landing spot near the north pole, but as you descend you notice that it is much more bumpy than you thought. You nearly collide with a large plate of ... hull, I guess, sticking out at an odd angle. At least you manage to bleed off some speed.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 04, 2017, 05:28:09 pm »

Noir gives a pained sound a low groan....she's being licked....feels......its dar noir trys to open her eyes and then gives a pained sound.
"Hughwjmw..u-uhhhnm...darrrrr?!
((If noir is not able to open her eyes and be conscious tell me.))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 04, 2017, 06:34:36 pm »

Noir gives a pained sound a low groan....she's being licked....feels......its dar noir trys to open her eyes and then gives a pained sound.
"Hughwjmw..u-uhhhnm...darrrrr?!
((If noir is not able to open her eyes and be conscious tell me.))
Make a bolded "wake up" action, and we'll see. She hit pretty hard.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 04, 2017, 06:38:33 pm »

OPEN THINE EYES! CHILD OF LIGHT AND DARK!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 05, 2017, 02:00:59 am »

wait, what? started in the north, passed the equator, and am now at the north pole? this doesn't logic.

Try landing again in a better spot, I guess? do remember this cart is winged and I can circle and glide to control my speed.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 05, 2017, 08:19:19 am »

Select the northern room as the LZ and wait for the cart to come back into view.

maybe scratch a big ol' X on the floor so our pilot can see where to land.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 05, 2017, 08:25:56 am »

Follow Cho, again.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 05, 2017, 11:25:27 am »

OPEN THINE EYES! CHILD OF LIGHT AND DARK!
(3) you open your eyes, barely conscious, and let out a weak hnnnnnnnnnngggr. you shift slightly, seeing little beyond a blur. You are disoriented and in pain, balanced between the twilight of the world and the darkness of nonbeing.

Nonaction post.  Dar's behaviour varies entirely upon whether Noir wakes up, so I'll just wait until next turn.
She moans and groans. twitches, and her eyelids flutter. Looks like she is coming around.

wait, what? started in the north, passed the equator, and am now at the north pole? this doesn't logic.

Try landing again in a better spot, I guess? do remember this cart is winged and I can circle and glide to control my speed.

You started in the north, fell through the equator, got on the cart, passed the south pole, fell through the equator, and attempted landing in the north.
You are able, after some careful circling, to put her down. You end up on a bit of ain incline, tilted sideways. The wheels on the right slide off the edge of the plate you landed on, grounding the cart at an awkward angle. Good thing the wheels were elevated while the wings are out, or that angle would have been enough to tip the cart onto it's side.

Select the northern room as the LZ and wait for the cart to come back into view.

maybe scratch a big ol' X on the floor so our pilot can see where to land.

You get over there and make with the clawing. You make a horrible sound for several minuts - claws on bare metal. Well, it's an ugly X, but it should be visible from out there ... maybe? You think?

Follow Cho, again.
You ought to try to get into contact with the lost teammates again. Or do something more effective for guiding the cart in than a big ol scratchmark. God, that noise is really driving you nuts. What is Cho doing?!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 05, 2017, 11:56:21 am »

On the edge? is it in danger of falling back off or is it just highcentered on a ridge of plate?

Ask my star sprite to go to the group, should be near jack and asiin if finding the other star sprites is easier, and guide them to me assuming nothing has happened to them while we were away.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 05, 2017, 12:02:00 pm »

It's not in danger of falling off. It could potentially fall over, but seems like it won't

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 05, 2017, 12:28:46 pm »

Oz, I'm thinking of hitting the spider mode button to deal with the cart's placement but I am missing the terrain info to know if thats a good or bad idea. um...

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 05, 2017, 03:15:04 pm »

"Halfdragon?!  Halfdragon must wake up, it needs to heal itself!  Please, wake up!"

More useless panicked cat yowling.  Dar will continue to lick and/or swat at Noir face in an effort to wake her up, despite the pain the latter likely causes.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 05, 2017, 03:19:25 pm »

"M-Mam...mam..hade..hz-artsss iat hutsss"
Noir attempts to arouse herself fully.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 05, 2017, 03:46:37 pm »

Oz, I'm thinking of hitting the spider mode button to deal with the cart's placement but I am missing the terrain info to know if thats a good or bad idea. um...
what terrain info do you need? Overall, think of the area you are in as like the surface of the death star, after it had passed through an asteroid field (movie version, not RL version), then someone came along and tried to patch it with lasers and really big hammers. And then squatters and looters came along and built and stole whatthey wanted. and then some really big monsters with no sense of taste or style started eating the place, but wandered off halfway through.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 49