Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 65042 times)

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Mechanical Despair: Complete Collapse
« Reply #480 on: January 24, 2017, 04:34:53 pm »

I do the woeful water spell I try to affect both carts (by the way I can't drown anyone with this spell, I told you the first time I used this spell (in the spider mission) that objects, creatures, etc act as if they're submerged in water whitout drowning). I also help with the pulling of the rope if there is any pulling.

(I just realised aylia can use my magical enlonging chain to add extra length to her rope but I guess it's too late.)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 25, 2017, 12:22:04 am »

cho ja

buff the strength of the rope pullers, including myself, if rope puliing occurs.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 25, 2017, 08:27:02 pm »

"How long have we been here? Feels... too long."

Drink water ration.
Check the number of orbits before dehydration starts. If we don't have the cart by the time there's one orbit left, I'll want to use Jack's or Aylia's sprite to call for evac. Waiting for the last moment is a recipe for disaster.

This brings you to 3 orbits before dehydrating. I think that leaves Jack at 2 orbits and everyone else who needs water at 3 orbits.

Dar is probably just sleeping somewhere safe at this point.

As for the Putrid Water spell, no it wouldn't change the total energy, but it would slow the cart.  While that wouldn't be at all helpful for preventing the rope from breaking, it would cause the orbit to decay, yes?  I suppose gravity is definitely not the reason the cart is orbiting, since it's still within atmosphere, but still.  As for the Woeful Water spell, if it appears in the same inertial reference frame, but does also add mass (...does it?), then Samuel's spell is essentially creating extra energy without extra cost.  Cast it on a bullet, and suddenly you'll have created an extremely high energy wall.  It would be useless for stopping a charging opponent, and thinking about it, might actually improve your own charges?

...Then again, since we're discussing orbital mechanics, maybe this starts to imply a universal stillpoint, which is probably even worse.
Are you trying to tinker with me? Putrid river comes vomiting out of Samuel's mouth. It would be a long shot to hit the cart with it, and the effect would be as of being hit, from the surface, by a projectile pushing one away from said surface. Orbitally speaking, this elongates the orbit, making it more and more oval. So, yes, the cart could, in theory, be driven into the building at some point along the orbit thus. Woeful water creates a circumstance. Namely, the circumstance of acting as if one was under water. The cost is unknown. casting it on a bullet or arrow would cause the bullet or arrow to act as if it were underwater. Not as if it suddenly hit water, but as if it were already underwater. I believe this spell has not added mass to anything before, so I am ruling that it doesn't.

Oh, and orbital mechanics in this particular location are ... a little different. Trust me though, I already thought that bit out a bit, even before Kerbal.

Try to get the Sprite To call for Evac,  work with egan Go eat and drink rationa.

Jack would take several deep breaths
"We've been here...for too long, yes...Noir, please get outand back to safety...let's just get out of here alive."
Call for evac? you sure? you drink the water ration, bringing you up to 3 orbits along with everyone else. What, specifically, are you trying to eat?

"Guysss please help my wings bone feels....I'm not sure if I can fly over there.....Please do something I'm in the cart with the wings!"
Could I jump from the cart to the others without much danger could I glide down there even with one messed up wing? could I easily maneuver the cart to land? if so do it. ((also yeah noir Ive kinda figured Noir dosent need to drink or eat she lived in a void with her father for her whole life and I don't imagine there was much food there  besides something that tthey would maybe get once in a while which is why noir hasent really tried to eat or drink any))thing cause she dosent feel bothered.
Oh, goody, I get to roll an intelligence roll for you. And no! Noir DOES need to eat and drink. She is a flesh being. This alleged lack of need was never before now mentioned or implied. She is quite hungry. Welp, time for an intelligence roll. You rolled 2 sixes, with a -2 intelligence. So two overshoots by a living disaster. Now I need ot check the ER calculator to remind myself what this implies.

-2: Disaster

This character is so bad with this skill that it's like they have some sort of curse. 1 is basically an automatic death, maybe permanently. 6 will kill people around you. Anything other then a 5 will fail to some degree, and even 5's will usually have you complete the action in an unorthodox and perhaps not great manner.

At first, you are unsure. And a little afraid. But as you stare hopelessly at the levers before you, the symbols suddenly make sense. "This one is down!" you gasp, enlightened. And you shove the lever in front of you hard down.  And yo uare elated1 The cart tilts toward the building, and aims straight at a gap. Not just any gap! Those are your friends down there! "I'm coming, guys! I got the cart! I did it!" you yell in glee as your friends wave you on.

You awaken, stunned and disoriented, in a pile of rubble and groaning bodies.

[size=14pt]Attention![/size]
Asiin is unconscious and severely wounded.
Dar, "sleeping somewhere safe" is unharmed.
Jack is unharmed
Ebony is in a great deal of pain, with a spear of wood driven through her gut.
Solam is crushed beneath the pile, dead.
Samuel is crushed as well, also dead.
Aylia has avoided the crash entirely.
Cho is irritated. Maybe a little pissed about the pile of locusts he had carefully gathered for the group being annihilated by the fool in the cart. Which is now also destroyed. Again.

Since Noir already has one cart ready to land and just needs to glide it down and stop it safely, and I don't have enough rope to work with anyway, I'll just fly to the non-winged cart and begin examining the contents and controls, making sure the contentd are still there and learning how to control it to land thd thing.
You end up in a similar situation to Noir's when she went to fly out to the carts. That is, you leap off the building, begin your flight, and then get caught in a downdraft and begin tumbling and falling, down out of sight of the scar that the others are hanging out in. Reorienting is difficult, but you eventually get into a glide pattern. And then you start falling up instead of down, and your glide becomes a flat spin.

Cancel Shadow-Observer. Once Noir gets the cart down, attempt Bind Wounds on her wing. Then, rations.
You have bigger problems than Noir's boo boo.

I do the woeful water spell I try to affect both carts (by the way I can't drown anyone with this spell, I told you the first time I used this spell (in the spider mission) that objects, creatures, etc act as if they're submerged in water whitout drowning). I also help with the pulling of the rope if there is any pulling.

(I just realised aylia can use my magical enlonging chain to add extra length to her rope but I guess it's too late.)

Bad news, pal. No one heeded my warning that Noir was not the best person to try to land the carts. Nor prior experience with Trier. Sorry.

cho ja

buff the strength of the rope pullers, including myself, if rope puliing occurs.

You buff your own strength. Do with it what you will.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Hey, What Does This Do?
« Reply #483 on: January 25, 2017, 08:37:40 pm »

Why do people keep taking -2 gen kno? D:

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 25, 2017, 08:38:44 pm »

((OH FUCK! wellll at least it was no one Noir cared about especially...except ebony.......noir actually really liked ebony....though she still will of course feel like absouloute shit.......I am sorry ;-;))
Noir brushes herself off quietly and then freezes up as she realized what just fucking happened and her eyes widen in horror as they realize what she just damn did...and with that she lets loose a scream of agony.
NO! NO! NO! NO! what the hell have I done!? no no no no no no...n-no...oh why...I-I..I-I"
Noir falls to her knees clutching her head her eyes wide and filled with tears her body shaking as she realizes what just happened.
((I took -2 general knowledge because it makes sense with noirs character she was raised in a black void shes defintily missing some knowledge))
((also gm my reasoning for noir not having to eat..is because well she lived in a void for years and I don't imagine that her father would have been able to go out into the world casually an get her food...Basically noir probably would have starved to death..especially since I don't think shes eaten since she joined omega legion either.))
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 08:42:38 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 25, 2017, 08:44:00 pm »

((Because it was less important in ER))

((also Ozarck, am I correct in assuming we no longer need the second cart due to everyone being dead reducing the total amount of supplies needed?))

Cho Ja

bitch slap noir across the room.
Drag the cart deeper into the room and look at the damage done to it.

Check out ebony with my +1 med, anything I can do about that gut shot?
Aylia has medkit in her bags, grab that for use above.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 01:15:33 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 25, 2017, 09:51:41 pm »

Jack would get up slowly, checking over himself for injuries before running up to Noir and wrapping his arms around her speaking softly
"It-it's alright...it's alright....we're alive...wee're alive...you are safe. ..Just...let's get you fixed up and get what we can from the cart"
Jack wuld swallow, looking around

((Noir and jack did get something to eat before actualy))

Well, what to eat...I think the cart crashing just solved that issue...after searching for food from the remains of the cart...I dunno, go search the dead guys?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 25, 2017, 09:57:57 pm »

Noir whimpers into jacks arms meekly shivering qietly cleaely crying as they wipe their face and then they see ebony from over your shoulder and they clearly panic struggling and squirming twitching eratically trying to go to her.
((huh....what did noir eat?))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 25, 2017, 10:03:01 pm »

((I think some soup))

GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 26, 2017, 01:08:42 am »

Of course. Welp, nothing to it but to stabilize my flight, near-match velocities with the cart, and land on it. followed by checking its controls and contents
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 26, 2017, 05:14:13 am »

Uhmm, Is there any chance Samuel comes back like last time? Or is this permanent?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 26, 2017, 02:26:28 pm »

((Hahaha!  Oh wow, I love Noir.  Back when ATH submitted her final sheet revision, my specific thoughts were "Oh good, a healer, the game will be a bit less lethal now."  How wrong I was, haha!))

I was bored, and thought it would be fun to natter about other people's abilities.  I also figured it might help Samuel be more useful, as we were defining his spells more clearly.  I guess that's not so helpful anymore, though~

Dar'yajira will come running in upon hearing the crash, clearly paniced, but not actually capable of doing anything vaugely helpful.
  "What happened?!  Where is foe, this one kills it!"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 26, 2017, 03:03:42 pm »

"T-there is no foe...just...get what you can from the ruins, we make haste to leave."
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 26, 2017, 03:39:56 pm »

Am I going to stay dead this time?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 29, 2017, 05:16:00 pm »

Why do people keep taking -2 gen kno? D:
To be fair, Noir also has -2 intelligence and -2 memory.

((Because it was less important in ER))

((also Ozarck, am I correct in assuming we no longer need the second cart due to everyone being dead reducing the total amount of supplies needed?))

Cho Ja

bitch slap noir across the room.
Drag the cart deeper into the room and look at the damage done to it.

Check out ebony with my +1 med, anything I can do about that gut shot?
Aylia has medkit in her bags, grab that for use above.

You still need the other cart. half the dead didn't need food, and this cart is now completely demolished, along with most of what was in it. additionally, your current landing point has become highly unstable, so I recommend throwing Jack and Noir into space vacating soon.

You can - carefully! - pull that out, vomit some honey amber into the wound (front and back) to seal it, and wrap it. She might still have internal bleeding afterward though. You grab the medkit, give Ebony some painkillers, and do what I just said you could do, because why wait for another round, eh? Anyway, she screams a lot, and bleeds pretty badly. She'll need careful attention, food and water.

Jack would get up slowly, checking over himself for injuries before running up to Noir and wrapping his arms around her speaking softly
"It-it's alright...it's alright....we're alive...wee're alive...you are safe. ..Just...let's get you fixed up and get what we can from the cart"
Jack wuld swallow, looking around

((Noir and jack did get something to eat before actualy))

Well, what to eat...I think the cart crashing just solved that issue...after searching for food from the remains of the cart...I dunno, go search the dead guys?
you find debris. So you go loot the dead guys. Solam has a nice amulet that you like. You take that off him, put it on your neck and turn to go. A hand reaches out and grabs your arm. "that's mine!" It snarls.

Of course. Welp, nothing to it but to stabilize my flight, near-match velocities with the cart, and land on it. followed by checking its controls and contents
After a bit of effort, you manage to get comfortable with Flying Lizard in Weird Air Land, and get reoriented. You get onto the cart without further misadventure.

As for the controls: there is a button that has a smiley face on it in the middle of the panel. To the far left are three levers: one with a rectangle that has two circles under it, one with a rectangle with several bent lines under it, and a little hieroglyph of a spider on it, and one has a rectangle with two horizontal triangles coming out of it and a hieroglyph of a bird on it. Next are a couple of additional levers with arrows pointing in different directions. Then some buttons, and finally a single additional lever to the right, on the side of the control panel.

Uhmm, Is there any chance Samuel comes back like last time? Or is this permanent?
He awakens right now, still crushed, but bitching about how Asiin let him die. So, yes, this is permanent.

((Hahaha!  Oh wow, I love Noir.  Back when ATH submitted her final sheet revision, my specific thoughts were "Oh good, a healer, the game will be a bit less lethal now."  How wrong I was, haha!))

I was bored, and thought it would be fun to natter about other people's abilities.  I also figured it might help Samuel be more useful, as we were defining his spells more clearly.  I guess that's not so helpful anymore, though~

Dar'yajira will come running in upon hearing the crash, clearly paniced, but not actually capable of doing anything vaugely helpful.
  "What happened?!  Where is foe, this one kills it!"
You run back in to see a shattered cart, Noir being all angsty, and Jack being a total asshole. Samuel and Solam are awake, bitching about Asiin letting them die, and Solam and Jack are fighting over an amulet.

Amusingly, Terrance reappears as well, high up near the ceiling, hurling down insults at Asiin, who proooobably doesn't hear them, being unconscious and all.
Aylia is nowhere to be seen. This is probably because she is crushed under the cart along with half the team. Only Cho, Noir and Jack are not suffering from that injustice at the moment. this makes Dar pretty unhappy.

Am I going to stay dead this time?
Well, Solam doesn't exactly remain dead, per se, but yes, he is lost to you permanently this time.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 49