Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 64976 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Mechanical Despair: Complete Collapse
« Reply #360 on: January 09, 2017, 09:41:54 pm »

I'll go help Aylia with her armor, and heal her hand.

Alright, fine. The spheres involved in my magic are Light, Construction, Kinetic.
Light for finding the right way. "The right way" is well intended, but inflexible. Morally absolute.
Construction for putting things in their proper place. Perfection, tending to all details. Building a house, mending a body, training a mind. All the same, only different in scale. Healing, but inorganic. It'll help put together a wound, but it won't cure your flu.
Kinetic for taking action. Refusing to stand by and watch. Rapid restoration, perhaps regardless of the consequences. SMASHES your bones together. Somewhat painfully.

Hopefully that gives some ideas about the Force I have in mind. The organization accepts as many followers as possible, of as many species and forms as possible. However, the Force may interfere with the workings of magical beings, such as undead or elementals.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 09, 2017, 11:03:14 pm »

I guess Dar's just panickedly running back and forth between Aylia and various other people, translating and requesting for her.

((Sorry for being so inactive, Leng. :(  Haven't been keeping track of Omega Legion well since it started back up, I guess.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 10, 2017, 09:07:02 am »

Noir looks towards jack and back looking nervous breathing deep.
"Alright...I can....T-Try that I suppose....."
Noir breathes again her hands rubbing together nervously.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 10, 2017, 03:31:19 pm »

"You don't have to if you don't think it would be safe."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 10, 2017, 04:12:53 pm »

Team Green
Help with removing the debris.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 10, 2017, 04:21:52 pm »

"You don't have to if you don't think it would be safe."
Noir.....Nods slowly...She had seen....How easy death comes now...She....She was afraid of death now to be honest..She felt fear...And it was hard to shake off.
"T-Thank you j-Jack...I-Im...Still...Well..Still a little....Unerved....From seeing....What...You...Be..Crushed..It's still a little hard to think."

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 10, 2017, 04:30:08 pm »

Well since there's nothing to do here and I don't want to get dragged in this, I'll go to the amphiteather. I enter the room and look for other doors or other intresting things.
"I will go ahead, allrighty?"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 10, 2017, 04:30:46 pm »

Jack would nod slowly, taking a deep breath.
"I-I know...I wish it hadn't been my orders..my decision that caused all the death."
He'd stop for a moment taking several deep breaths before continuing
"Let's just get out of here alive...all that matters now."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 11, 2017, 04:29:52 am »

Cho Ja

go with jacks plan for expedience.

maybe scream at the devil and threaten to refuse payment for under-delivering on my request.
Getting really tired of all this futile dicking about in the start rooms.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 12, 2017, 04:24:21 pm »

Help get the Rope off the debris
((oh didn't Jack get that magic leg to replace the leg that got injured when the one bot exploded?))

"Can we just try to move on? Perhaps have Noir fly up and attach the rope to the cart and once both are secured we can finally get out of this hell hole?"
I don't remember what Jack got to replace the damaged leg. Assume it's an ordinary wooden peg leg until you link me the post where I gave you whatever I gave you.

As for the rope. It's unhooked now and usable.

I'll go help Aylia with her armor, and heal her hand.

Alright, fine. The spheres involved in my magic are Light, Construction, Kinetic.
Light for finding the right way. "The right way" is well intended, but inflexible. Morally absolute.
Construction for putting things in their proper place. Perfection, tending to all details. Building a house, mending a body, training a mind. All the same, only different in scale. Healing, but inorganic. It'll help put together a wound, but it won't cure your flu.
Kinetic for taking action. Refusing to stand by and watch. Rapid restoration, perhaps regardless of the consequences. SMASHES your bones together. Somewhat painfully.

Hopefully that gives some ideas about the Force I have in mind. The organization accepts as many followers as possible, of as many species and forms as possible. However, the Force may interfere with the workings of magical beings, such as undead or elementals.
Spheres noted. You help Aylia get her armor off. She transforms and, gosh, it looks like her hand is rather mangled. Ugh, it's probably a trick of proportion though - that hole looked much smaller on the big cat than it does on the little elfgirl. You stop the bleading and knit the wound together. It's not complete though, but you think you got the bones set at least.

"Okay, now just ask someone to help get my armor and bags off."
Assuming I can get assistance removing my armor and bags, I'll be shifting to my normal form, where I can speak and my injury is only minor.
You shift into elffey girl form. that wound is definitely not more minor in this form than in the other. if anything, it's worse, due to scale. ouch. But asiin heals it up with practiced hand and sturdy magic.  The wound knits together but remains a visible, aching presence. You wiggle your fingers in response ot Asiin's instructions, and note that it is somewhat painful to do so. It is more painful to grip Asiin's fingers, or finger analogues. You are gonna have to be gentle with that hand for a while. Archery is out, as is sword wielding. Now, I'm going to roll here to see if it was your dominant paw. since actions tend to automatically go with the dominant, it probably was. Nope. you got lucky, sort of. So you can wield a sword with your dominant hand with no penalty at least. Asiin applies a thick bandage and leaves it at that.

I guess Dar's just panickedly running back and forth between Aylia and various other people, translating and requesting for her.

((Sorry for being so inactive, Leng. :(  Haven't been keeping track of Omega Legion well since it started back up, I guess.))
Dar wonders what the fuss is over the rope on the rafter. He takes one glance up there, knows he could easily climb up and retrieve it, and then returns to Aylia in time to watch Asiin apply a thick bandage to her hand. She seems okay now.

Team Green
Help with removing the debris.
You kick the debris back over the edge. it falls with a satisfying crunch, and the rattle of dislodged junk sliding around and settling.

Well since there's nothing to do here and I don't want to get dragged in this, I'll go to the amphiteather. I enter the room and look for other doors or other intresting things.
"I will go ahead, allrighty?"
You are on a wide gallery that extends as far as you can see to the left and right. to the left is a set of wide stairs going up to the next gallery and down to the one below. Ahead, the galleries below are tiered, each sticking out farther than the one above, again, as far as y uocan see in the gloom, which is about three tiers. You can see a massive something further ahead, across from the galleries, but can make out no details. Oh, and by massive, I mean like, big like that giant floaty thing. maybe bigger, but you couldn't judge, having gotten no good look at either. Whatever it is it appears stationary. Looking up, you cannot see the ceiling directly overhead.

Cho Ja

go with jacks plan for expedience.

maybe scream at the devil and threaten to refuse payment for under-delivering on my request.
Getting really tired of all this futile dicking about in the start rooms.

What's Jack's plan? I don't read conversations between characters unless I am directed to. As for dicking about here, well, feel free to grab a group and start exploring.

on that note:
Y'all are startingto get rather hungry. Those of you that eat, anyway. Samuel is getting strangely thirsty. Solam is fine.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 12, 2017, 04:33:06 pm »

Try to hook the cart as it passes by

as for the leg:
If back at base try and get a magic leg to replace the broken one, then go find the hawt half dragon ladeh!
Got your leg. As for the dragon girl, you're on your own there.
[/qoute]

[/b]
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 05:13:59 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 12, 2017, 05:06:30 pm »

"A-Aylia...Do you mind if I try and fix that with my holy magic? If I use it I won't be able to use my darkness magic if we're attacked but I still have my charm magic."
((......I'd imagine....Noir might eat she is a demigod but I don't think Noir has ever been in a situation where she would know whether she needs to eat....So I imagine Noir eats outta pleasure without knowing whether they actually need to eat.))
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 05:12:41 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 12, 2017, 05:47:43 pm »

No, spaz, this is the post I meant:

+Memory
+Magic
charsheet in charsheet thread updated with the above changes.
noted. ding!

What are my stats again???
-2 in str spd dex
0 in con, cha
2 in int, memory.

-2 in unarmed, blunt, sharp
-1 ranged
0 gen know
1 in specialization
2 in gen. know, magic.

... you are a very specialized character. Expect a little more risk than I've put you under this mission, especially if you use something like those sonic screams again.

+5 to charisma
+5 general knowledge

and go and see if I can get a replacement leg that has a friendly magic in it

level up noted.
Ding!

You are given a wood leg. it's one of those living wood ones, so it flexes. it's still a little stiff though. It's also self repairing, and has a chance to heal other damage, but at a cost.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 12, 2017, 05:52:03 pm »

((Okay, my bad. ))
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 12, 2017, 08:00:02 pm »

"I am... uncertain. How that magic would interact with the Force that I put there, dragon. Perhaps it would be a good idea to test outside a living subject how these Forces interact."

Try to get Noir to put a burst of her magic into some scrap metal, then put a burst of my own in. Observe how explosive and/or synergetic the resulting Force cocktail is.

Also. Aylia's wound stays the same absolute size as she transforms, rather than retaining the same size relative to the form's size? I'd be somewhat concerned if she took a wound and then turned into a tiny fairy. Might end up slightly disemboweled. Conversely, she might be able to mostly nullify normal wounds by taking on a larger size. This is certainly interesting from a medical point of view.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 49