Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 64854 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Mechanical Despair: Complete Collapse
« Reply #210 on: December 20, 2016, 01:16:26 am »

It's in the machine room you passed through, just behind you.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #211 on: December 20, 2016, 10:23:43 am »

Oz, you need to answer this rather than PW because its about my char's specific mechanics - is it cold to me on the snowey side of the portal? do I feel different in any way due to being in a snowy ennvironment in my current form?

PW for this - I'll head to the building and see what's inside, but what does the rest of the landscape look like? just a flat featureless snow-covered plain?
You really don't know what the rest of the landscape looks like. As I said, you have this one lit path that leads to the building and no light anywhere else. Off the path is an endless darkness. All you can see at the very edges of the lit area are pine trees. So it would seem that this path cuts through a pine forest and that this building and the path are in the middle of a lot of trees. You don't know whats farther than that without actually going to look.

Noir twitches.... Quietly... Looking around......This....Could be dad's place.....It looks flat enough and there's not much there... Though the building makes her question.
Follow Aylia..... Carefully examine my surroundings....Can I feel my dad's presence? Does my dark magic feel stronger....
CAN I SENSE MOM! : D

Your surroundings are...snow and dark. Behind the portal, which luckily still does exist here, it's not a one way thing, there's a wall of pine trees. You don't feel like you're stronger than before. In fact, it feels like you might have been weakened; or not weakened... rather that there's some sort of magical interference here. Someone else's magic is pushing yours down,smothering it.

Metalpede knows what's up around here. Ask the sprite to ask him what's going on here. If the sprite doesn't even want to do that, withdraw all the way into my shell and wait to see if metalpede does anything.
The sprite mutters things you can't understand. Something about "Jingling bells" and "Hooves on the rooftops"

((I know nothing about these critters so If you expect me to drag them in, you're gonna be waiting there a long time))

"QUIT THAT," Terrance snaps, thwacking the Pendant into the floor. "IF I WANTED TO LISTEN TO SQUEALING, WELL, I HAVE AN EXCESS OF CHUMS, AND PLENTY OF TOOLS AT MY DISPOSAL."

Waddle angrily through the portal. Stop and collect a sample of the strange white stuff off the ground in one of my empty syringes.
You step through and suck up some snow in one syringe.

Cho Ja

head on through the portal.

IN ya go

Some of the team walks down the snowy path and up to the building. As they get closer they can see that what appeared to be featureless black walls are actually mostly glass; huge tinted windows that take up most of the wall of the structure. The multicolored lights are strings of tiny bulbs that encircle the building, and the sounds they hear are definitely music coming from within. They open the bronze handled door and step inside. The interior of the building is quite warm, in stark contrast to the cold outside. The lighting is dim, with scattered dull orange overhead bulbs that flicker almost like candles, giving the building a soothing, sleepy, warm darkness. The music playing is soft and slow, the singer droning about "Chestnuts and mistletoe". The building itself seems to be a restaurant of sorts, though one a bit different than what you're used to. There's a long metal counter. displays of pies and cakes, strange machines which seem to contain bubbling drinks and holes in the walls that lead back into the kitchen, where the soft clinking of silverware can be heard.  The actual seating is nothing but a series of very large booths lined up against the windows, looking out onto the snowy landscape outside.

Behind the counter is an old women in a blue dress and white apron. She smiles at you as you enter and directs you to the right, pointing at the booth at the far end of the building.

"Your table is waiting," She says, in a friendly manner.

At that far end of the building, sitting in the booth she's pointing to, is a man. He looks like he's maybe 35 years old, with circular gold rimmed glasses and slicked back black hair. He's hearing a dark overcoat and a red scarf, and his gaze is firmly fixed out the window.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 20, 2016, 01:48:09 pm »

Follow the guys trough the portal and in the restaurant, while doing this I mumble something about having landed in a Christmas special.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 20, 2016, 02:02:40 pm »

"Wait! I thought we were supposed to be on a mission here. Where are you going?"

Only realize what's going on after everyone else has left. Stick my head through the portal, but withdraw it when I find the air outside unsuitable for reptilian physiology.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 20, 2016, 02:46:40 pm »

Welp, there's no way I'll fit in a booth. I sit down on the end, where there's no chair, and wait for someone else to speak first since I can't.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 20, 2016, 03:20:45 pm »

((Wait, is the portal in the same place with the metalpede? I thought it was somewhere else. If the portal did open in the place where Ebony was, she would go in.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 20, 2016, 03:24:34 pm »

"Morning."

Take a seat, and try to stay a respectable distance away from anyone with a nose.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 20, 2016, 06:25:05 pm »

Team Omega Through the Looking Glass- Terrance the Terrapode

Enter the building, and catch up to the others.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 20, 2016, 08:41:03 pm »

Sit down next to Aylia and dar.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #220 on: December 21, 2016, 01:06:11 pm »

Follow the guys trough the portal and in the restaurant, while doing this I mumble something about having landed in a Christmas special.
Team Omega Through the Looking Glass- Terrance the Terrapode

Enter the building, and catch up to the others.
A few late comers join the rest.

"Wait! I thought we were supposed to be on a mission here. Where are you going?"

Only realize what's going on after everyone else has left. Stick my head through the portal, but withdraw it when I find the air outside unsuitable for reptilian physiology.
And one decides to stay behind

Meanwhile

Sit down next to Aylia and dar.
Team Adorable - Dar'yajira, Metal Cat Druid

Sit down next to Aylia, still warily keeping eyes and ears open in case of danger.
Welp, there's no way I'll fit in a booth. I sit down on the end, where there's no chair, and wait for someone else to speak first since I can't.
"Morning."

Take a seat, and try to stay a respectable distance away from anyone with a nose.

"Morning"

The man looks over at the small crowd either sitting at or gathered round the booth.

"Yes." He says with an inscrutable smile, "Yes, quite right. I'm glad you're all here." He reaches into his jacket and pulls out a small black leather book and a pen. He opens the book and flips through a few pages before pointing the rear of the pen at Zormod's character.

"Tell me, is there anything you desire?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 21, 2016, 03:11:56 pm »

((Piecewise, you missed Ebony heading in too.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 21, 2016, 03:47:06 pm »

((Piecewise, you missed Ebony heading in too.))
That's probably because you put it in parenthesis. He tends to ignore parenthesis and unbolded actions, remember?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 21, 2016, 03:50:35 pm »

((I wasn't in his game long enough to really see that, actually. Can I just assume Ebony went in with the others?))
Sigtext!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 21, 2016, 07:04:38 pm »

Cho ja

slip quietly into the building and sit with the others.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 49