Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 64841 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Mechanical Despair: Complete Collapse
« Reply #195 on: December 18, 2016, 10:13:42 pm »

Team !!FUN!!

As Dar is examining the portal, Terrance withdraws something from its pocket, and sticks it under its mouth. "I WOULD NOT ENTER JUST YET," it remarks, pausing briefly to snap its beak. "ALLOW ME TO INVESTIGATE FIRST."

Terrance cuts one end of the cord off of the Pendant of Tales. It takes a moment to examine the area with farseeing and then, maintaining a grip on the cord at the far end, gently tosses the pendant through.

If a teammate crosses over at any point during the execution of this action, Terrance will stop what it's doing and watch them instead.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 11:52:08 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 18, 2016, 11:49:52 pm »

Team not being accosted by some portal thing.

"What's happening? Oh! I have an idea."
Asiin opens the chamber to the starsprite's housing.
"Sprite, could you scout around and tell me who is still alive and who needs medical attention? Things seem to have collapsed a bit. "

Sit down in a corner like metalpede, and partially withdraw into my shell.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 19, 2016, 01:07:40 am »

I wait and allow Terrance to do his investigation before proceeding.

((I OOC want to go through to see what Oz and PW cooked up, but IC Aylia has no reason to trust this.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 19, 2016, 02:42:19 am »

Cho ja, Team cho

Stay near my new metalpede buddy for the moment.

Keep an eye on the inky pool thing though.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #199 on: December 19, 2016, 09:39:47 am »

Team Adorable - Dar'yajira, Metal Cat Druid

Dar'yajira rushes over to the new portal, sniffing at it, and examining it with his druidic senses.  If it seems safe, or even not directly dangerous, he'll lead the way inside while shouting for his friends to follow him.

"These ones are not safe here!  They must go!"
It smells...of eggnog and fresh bread? Thats unexpected out of a hell portal made of rust fragments! Your druidic senses tell you only that whatever made this portal is powerful. Very powerful indeed.

Team not being accosted by some portal thing.

"What's happening? Oh! I have an idea."
Asiin opens the chamber to the starsprite's housing.
"Sprite, could you scout around and tell me who is still alive and who needs medical attention? Things seem to have collapsed a bit. "

Sit down in a corner like metalpede, and partially withdraw into my shell.
You hide in the corner. The sprite makes it very clear that it wants nothing to do with whats going on.

Team !!FUN!!

As Dar is examining the portal, Terrance withdraws something from its pocket, and sticks it under its mouth. "I WOULD NOT ENTER JUST YET," it remarks, pausing briefly to snap its beak. "ALLOW ME TO INVESTIGATE FIRST."

Terrance cuts one end of the cord off of the Pendant of Tales. It takes a moment to examine the area with farseeing and then, maintaining a grip on the cord at the far end, gently tosses the pendant through.

If a teammate crosses over at any point during the execution of this action, Terrance will stop what it's doing and watch them instead.

The pendant doesn't speak. Instead, this comes out. Odd. You attempt to use your farseeing and everything goes black. You don't see anything, but you do feel something. You feel a bony finger poke you hard between the eyes and then flick your forehead so hard it lays you out flat on your back.  You rub your forehead and get back up. muttering to yourself. You toss your pendant through and pull it back a few seconds later. It looks undamaged and unchanged.

Dar'yajra leads the way into the portal, and several people follow him. The passage through the portal is painless, like stepping through a normal doorway, but a bit disorienting for some reason. It leaves you slightly dizzy and with a mild ringing in your ears. On the other side of the portal its nighttime, or at least it seems to be. The sky and the world are dark, with no hint of stars or distant lights. The only illumination here comes from a line of old gas street lights lining a snow covered path that stretches out in front of you for a few hundred feet before ending at a building. The building is relatively small and squat, just a dark box but there are many tiny multicolored lights strung up along its roof and walls. A sign made of red light blinks above the building's door; it reads "CROSSROADS". At the very edges of the flickering gas light's illumination you can see pine trees, which seem to border the entire area. It's quite cold here, and there's a light snow falling. In the distance, maybe from that building, you think you might hear music.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 19, 2016, 11:44:05 am »

Oz, you need to answer this rather than PW because its about my char's specific mechanics - is it cold to me on the snowey side of the portal? do I feel different in any way due to being in a snowy ennvironment in my current form?

PW for this - I'll head to the building and see what's inside, but what does the rest of the landscape look like? just a flat featureless snow-covered plain?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 11:58:43 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 19, 2016, 11:48:22 am »

Noir twitches.... Quietly... Looking around......This....Could be dad's place.....It looks flat enough and there's not much there... Though the building makes her question.
Follow Aylia..... Carefully examine my surroundings....Can I feel my dad's presence? Does my dark magic feel stronger....
CAN I SENSE MOM! : D
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 19, 2016, 02:08:06 pm »

Oz, you need to answer this rather than PW because its about my char's specific mechanics - is it cold to me on the snowey side of the portal? do I feel different in any way due to being in a snowy ennvironment in my current form?
Seems fine to you so far. Light snow? You wouldn't even notice, really. I'm sure the air is quite refreshing after all that dust and oil. You probably aren't the only one to feel more alive in this environment.

But if your teammates suddenly start freezing solid or turning into living snowmen, I'd worry.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 19, 2016, 02:59:11 pm »

I'm heading toward the building too.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 19, 2016, 03:20:34 pm »

Metalpede knows what's up around here. Ask the sprite to ask him what's going on here. If the sprite doesn't even want to do that, withdraw all the way into my shell and wait to see if metalpede does anything.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 19, 2016, 04:57:27 pm »

"QUIT THAT," Terrance snaps, thwacking the Pendant into the floor. "IF I WANTED TO LISTEN TO SQUEALING, WELL, I HAVE AN EXCESS OF CHUMS, AND PLENTY OF TOOLS AT MY DISPOSAL."

Waddle angrily through the portal. Stop and collect a sample of the strange white stuff off the ground in one of my empty syringes.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 19, 2016, 05:19:18 pm »

Team Adorable - Dar'yajira, Metal Cat Druid

Dar'yajira watches his new surroundings carefully, prepared for danger.  He'll stay close to Aylia and Noir, trying to intervene if they're attacked or harmed by anything.

Also, he'll stop maintaining the enchantment that transformed him into solid metal.  Back to being a normal fluffy kitty.  Oz says this can't be done.  Dar'll react with fear upon discovering this fact, and try to examine the nature that makes up this place.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 19, 2016, 05:45:40 pm »

@Egan: Star Sprite says metalpede has no idea what's going on, or what your teammates are doing.

@syvarris. Dar discovers that his form isn't being maintained actively by an enchantment at this time. Curious.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 19, 2016, 08:31:19 pm »

Cho Ja

head on through the portal.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 20, 2016, 12:37:05 am »

Because there's still no map and this place is a 3D labyrinth, I had assumed that the room Dar and Lyra ended up in was below the room I'm in, because they fell down a bunch. Seriously I can't hold this place's shape in my memory. Is the portal in this room?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 49