Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 64788 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Mechanical Despair: Complete Collapse
« Reply #165 on: December 15, 2016, 10:00:56 pm »

((This is the mission where we all just fuck up. An epic failure for the ages boys...how long did it take...how amny missions?))
((Blame me for not taking charge and organizing, instead delegating to team leaders. My fault. Nobody else volunteered for leadership positions at all, I should have realized that meant nobody else was up to the task.))
((So be it. The question now is how to best recover from this. We're going to have to come back to loot the crushed carts, salvage any supplies we can. however that's a task for after the area is safe. right now we need to get everyone out if possible.))

(( I reccomend getting the fuck out of there and going deeper in where shit isn't getting destroyed. Come back later when stuff isn't falling apart.))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 15, 2016, 10:44:01 pm »

Team Adorable - Dar'yajira, Metal Cat

((...Well.  That was certainly something.  I kinda wanna complain about getting one roll to move to the next room, while Terrance got one move for free and rolled twice to go further, but that seems juvenile considering Dar didn't die.

...Poor Noir.  I'm guessing Spaz is less attached to his char OOC than Noir is IC.

@Lenglon, I wouldn't blame you.  Most of our missions are vastly safer than this one has been; I can't think of any other OL mission where the starting area became extremely dangerous shortly after the mission began.  At the time, it was reasonable to delegate command.  Also, according to the second page, the sky is a deep blue and it's currently either very early morning, or very late dusk.))

AHHHH!  Dar climbs back up, dumping magic into whatever is relevant (if that won't hurt success chance)!  He then goes sprinting back after the star sprite, or just his best guess at East if he can't follow the sprite for whatever reason.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 16, 2016, 12:04:03 am »

Cho Ja, team cho

if I can still see the star sprite get it to follow me.

regardless of the above, quickly glance around for threats then duck down and scamper after the gesturing metalpede on all fours in case its indicating that I should stay low.
buff my speed if necessary to keep up with it should it start moving again.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 16, 2016, 02:41:14 am »

((Hahaha! I take it all back, this mission is fun again. Less people to worry about, more metal flying around, and more blood smears on walls. Thanks Ozarck, you're the best, as previously stated.))
team Not Dead

A sergeant in motion outranks a lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on! Waste no time following Cho.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 16, 2016, 10:35:06 am »

((So I was going to join this mission... but have no idea which team Ebony should be on?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 16, 2016, 10:42:31 am »

((So I was going to join this mission... but have no idea which team Ebony should be on?))
((Team Not Yet Dead))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 16, 2016, 10:43:18 am »

Team HeartAche.
Noir....had one moment been hanging out with...her friend....her lover someone that she felt her heart flutter inside for and her face heat up.... throughout this whole mission she had been lost in his speech and what he was doing that she was completely oblivious to what was happening around her.Now.... he's gone she had tried to grab him tried to desperately but it was all done in a mere moment in a mere Moment she flew back barely avoiding being crushed....and Saw jack die in front of her.
"JACK! NO!!"
A scream in agony her heart fluttered and sank in dread her eyes filled with tears her very soul felt as if her father'sdark magic were angered at the distraught and complete despair she felt in rhat moment her hand outstretched still.... She breathed and then Adrenaline finally kicked in...and her mind grew clear and in a soft voice.
"....Jack...I.... I'll survive.... I'll...make sure that.....You... didn't die for nothing.... I'll make...sure your remembered...
With that Noir focused and looked around quickly examining her options and....she couldn't go down there unless she had to....she wouldn't be able to go on.....If she saw his corpse.
.........Go for the northeast landing be prepared in case things go wrong to glide down to the ground floor to stop any damage from falling if it helps use my tail spikes in places where I'm having trouble but if this seems detrimental don't.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 03:42:09 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 16, 2016, 01:12:21 pm »

Kinda missed your window for this one.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 16, 2016, 01:27:44 pm »

((We just had huge casualties on a large mission, mind allowing Ebony to *have always been* acompanying Asiin? That way her presence is non-impactful up to this point and she also doesn't have to roll to not die when she never had the opportunity to act to get clear of the threatened area.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 16, 2016, 03:00:00 pm »

Team Cho
((Ah wow, this is like the end of The Departed or something.))
I move away from the sound of collapsing room. If I am correct, normally I will follow Cho into the amphitheater when I do that.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 04:04:57 pm by Loki987 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 16, 2016, 03:17:59 pm »

((We just had huge casualties on a large mission, mind allowing Ebony to *have always been* acompanying Asiin? That way her presence is non-impactful up to this point and she also doesn't have to roll to not die when she never had the opportunity to act to get clear of the threatened area.))
I'll allow it. This will be the third time I've given twinwolf a jumping in point. I am not explaining the situation a third time, but I'll give her some time to make an action post of some kind. Even a "follow ASiin" action will suffice.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 16, 2016, 03:30:15 pm »

Team Not-Dead?

Yes, Ebony is following Asiin.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 17, 2016, 11:39:48 am »

Aylia, Mission Lead, Team Damage Control

I need to re-orient.
below me there is mostly floor, stairs going down at two locations? both visible?
to the north there is a wall of building, no doors visible.
to the east, there is a wall of building, no doors visible.
to the south, there is a wall of building, no doors visible.
to the west, there is the top of a giant creature, similar to a giant jellyfish, the curve of its "head?" extends up several stories. a giant spiked tentacle is visible poking up from below my field of view. the tentacle isn't active at this time.
directly above me, there is open sky. it is light (daytime). There is a winged creature reacting to my arrival and possibly preparing to attack, is is grey, but I don't have a good view at this time.

OOC knowledge: status of team: over 50% casualties in a single turn, both wagons destroyed. entire lower level is systematically collapsing.

I go down the stairs to the floor everyone else is (was) on, and look for Asiin. Upon realizing what has happened and is continuing to happen, My action changes. I grab whoever seems to be having trouble getting out of here that I can reach in my current form, and put them on my saddle, and then bolt right back up the stairs. We cannot afford to hang around down here.

note: Jack had a star sprite.
You see multiple tentacles, and some of them connect to the body at your level. Some of them have bits of debris in their clutches. They are definitely active, btu are not targeting you.
The only visible stairwell was the one you came up from. The other is further north., out of sight.
Otherwise, your description is correct.

Jack's Sprite had not yet returned to him when he died. It's housing is buried with Jack, but the Sprite is loose. No one knows where it is.

you head into the stairwell again. About halfway down, you hear a sound on the stairs above. You glance up and catch sight of a grey wing.

Team Fun- Terrance the Terrapode

Does this room have any exits, besides the one I just entered through? If it does, pick the one furthest from danger and flee through it.

If it's a dead end, Terrance seeks out the thingum's mind with its empathic sense. Once it has located it, it uses every ounce of its metaphysical being to hijack or disrupt the thing's senses, and generally flood it with confusing sights, sounds, and sensations. Let the Pendant of Tales join in if it wants.

((Rest in pieces, comrades. I expect I'll be joining you momentarily.))
You skedaddle out into the machinery filled room that Cho and Samuel were in. You don't know they were here. But you do see a glimmer of torchlight behind the dark forms of the machinery.

((...Well.  That was certainly something.  I kinda wanna complain about getting one roll to move to the next room, while Terrance got one move for free and rolled twice to go further, but that seems juvenile considering Dar didn't die.

...Poor Noir.  I'm guessing Spaz is less attached to his char OOC than Noir is IC.

@Lenglon, I wouldn't blame you.  Most of our missions are vastly safer than this one has been; I can't think of any other OL mission where the starting area became extremely dangerous shortly after the mission began.  At the time, it was reasonable to delegate command.  Also, according to the second page, the sky is a deep blue and it's currently either very early morning, or very late dusk.))

AHHHH!  Dar climbs back up, dumping magic into whatever is relevant (if that won't hurt success chance)!  He then goes sprinting back after the star sprite, or just his best guess at East if he can't follow the sprite for whatever reason.
You dig claws deep into the wall and scramble upward, drawing magic into your body as you go. You become larger, heavier, and even more metallic, with a hint of concrete. As soon as you find an entrance you scurry in and run, straight "away from falling and Giant Fucking Eating Machines." this happens to be east. You come to very, very dark room, low and full of thick concrete pillars. It feels like a broad, sterile cave. Well, not so sterile. the smell of oil, rubber, and something else taints the air. You run straight through this room to the back wall. there are some wide concrete tunnels leading further in. You haven't taken the time to look to the sides to see if there are exits north and south yet, or if there are even walls in those directions.

Team HeartAche.
Noir....had one moment been hanging out with...her friend....her lover someone that she felt her heart flutter inside for and her face heat up.... throughout this whole mission she had been lost in his speech and what he was doing that she was completely oblivious to what was happening around her.Now.... he's gone she had tried to grab him tried to desperately but it was all done in a mere moment in a mere Moment she flew back barely avoiding being crushed....and Saw jack die in front of her.
"JACK! NO!!"
A scream in agony her heart fluttered and sank in dread her eyes filled with tears her very soul felt as if her father'sdark magic were angered at the distraught and complete despair she felt in rhat moment her hand outstretched still.... She breathed and then Adrenaline finally kicked in...and her mind grew clear and in a soft voice.
"....Jack...I.... I'll survive.... I'll...make sure that.....You... didn't die for nothing.... I'll make...sure your remembered...
With that Noir focused and looked around quickly examining her options and....she couldn't go down there unless she had to....she wouldn't be able to go on.....If she saw his corpse.
.........Go for the northeast landing be prepared in case things go wrong to glide down to the ground floor to stop any damage from falling if it helps use my tail spikes in places where I'm having trouble but if this seems detrimental don't.

You don't make it to the landing. You have to do a little evasive maneuvering to avoid the bent and broken floor as you drop below that level. You dodge around some broken ducts, bent pillars, and remnants of flooring to land right in the northeast corner of the floor below - the one spot yet clear of debris. You lean on a door way and cough - thick black dust staining your lungs and your tears.

Team: Follow that Guy!
Cho Ja, team cho

if I can still see the star sprite get it to follow me.

regardless of the above, quickly glance around for threats then duck down and scamper after the gesturing metalpede on all fours in case its indicating that I should stay low.
buff my speed if necessary to keep up with it should it start moving again.

It ... waits for you. Yo urun riight up to it and stop. It shifts a bit to look behind as your team trickles in behind you. You don't see the Star Sprite though - it darted off soetime during the confusion of the last two turns. Probably heading back to ... whoever it was. That one guy.

Team Cho
((Ah wow, this is like the end of The Departed or something.))
I move away from the sound of collapsing room. If I am correct, normally I will follow Cho into the amphitheater when I do that.
((Hahaha! I take it all back, this mission is fun again. Less people to worry about, more metal flying around, and more blood smears on walls. Thanks Ozarck, you're the best, as previously stated.))
team Not Dead

A sergeant in motion outranks a lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on! Waste no time following Cho.
Team Not-Dead?

Yes, Ebony is following Asiin.
Samuel steps into the Ampitheater and stops, staring for a moment, before reorienting and heading toward the torch and the giant bugs, both organic and metallic. Asiin waddles up behind him, puffing and blowing with the exertion of fast motion, and trailing a bemused and possibly shell-shocked Elf Girl. You all regroup around the metalpede. Reminder: metalpede is about twelve feet tall and even longer. it seems non-hostile so far. If Cho's reaction is anything to go by, it seems even possibly friendly.

I'll post an updated map later today. Watch for it in case your action's need any editing as a result.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 17, 2016, 11:47:43 am »

team Not Dead

"H- hello metalpede. Do you speak this language?"

Talk to the machine.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 17, 2016, 12:19:57 pm »

Dar'yajira whines a little, looking down one of the dark tunnels.  Distant sounds of collapsing metal can still be heard, and he only wants to get farther away.  But that isn't really an option.

Dar'yajira stops in front of one of those tunnels, pausing to catch his breath for a moment.  He then uses his collar assembly, and his attunement to Noir, to locate the dragon girl.  He will then make his way to her, as quickly as possible while still avoiding being caught in a collapse.  He will not enter a collapsing room if it's a choice between that or taking a more roundabout course.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 49