Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 64883 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Mechanical Despair
« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2016, 10:05:07 am »

Aylia, Mission Lead, Acompanying Team Adorable
acquisition sense is special, I just require close proximity. bear in mind the whole duplicating magic and internal organs and such aspect of it, it handles a ton of things ordinary senses cannot detect.

having said that, I need to get out of here. I freeze the pile of stuff in the middle of the room in place so it stops shifting on me, test my footing on it afterwards to make sure it isn't slick to me and it isn't still shifting around, then jump up and get out of here.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 08, 2016, 10:48:19 am »

Uh take up a defensive position around jack.....noir dosent like this.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 08, 2016, 01:41:39 pm »

Okay, besides the whole universe suddenly darkening last round, and the strange whatever shaking the building just now, you far see for threats and notice, holy fuck, that is one eye in it's direction, which you do.

I can't make this sentence make sense in my brain. Could you explain what you meant here?

In any case, I think I'll just retract into my armor and wait this one out.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 01:51:00 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 08, 2016, 02:25:29 pm »

cho ja, team cho

Quickly find somewhere to hide, have my teammate snuff the torch and do the same.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 08, 2016, 03:01:26 pm »

Team Green

Stay still.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 08, 2016, 05:12:53 pm »

Team Adorable - Dar'yajira, Metal Cat

Dar'yajira is currently next to the entrance to the the room Noir and Jack are in, yes?  If not, he'll creep over there.  Goal is to be able to watch what's going on in both rooms, especially Noir's.  If she's endangered, Dar will break cover and rush over there, though I can't know how he'll deal with whatever problem he sees.

Oh.  The metal cat buff isn't continually draining mana, is it?  Keep it for now regardless, since stealth is necessary and combat is likely.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 08, 2016, 05:34:12 pm »

Okay, besides the whole universe suddenly darkening last round, and the strange whatever shaking the building just now, you far see for threats and notice, holy fuck, that is one eye in it's direction, which you do.

I can't make this sentence make sense in my brain. Could you explain what you meant here?

must have somehow deleted the center part of that sentence. It read more like "Okay, besides the whole universe suddenly darkening last round, and the strange "whatever" shaking the building just now, you farsee for threats and notice, holy fuck, that is one huge whatever it is. Truth be told, you didn't really need to far see to tell that, all you needed to do was turn one eye in it's direction, which you do."

In other words. The room got dark, someone lit a light, and the room shook. Your farsee sense tells you whatever it is is outside the building and is fucking massive. So, you turn your head a few degrees to actually look out the window and all you see is a big wall of flesh.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 10, 2016, 09:18:55 am »

Well, I meant that I would hide the light behind walls, so it wouldn't be so bright and it wouldn't be so obvious that the light is coming from a torch, I guess there is some natural light there. (I think I'm not explaining well what I mean but it doesn't matter anyway now.

Hide behind a machine. I try to put out the torch (if I can't put it out fast enough, I throw it where it can't start a wildfire i.e. on a torch holder or an improvised torch holder or something).

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2016, 02:20:32 pm »

Team Red
I'm going to send the thing out after cho ja.
until then try to start a small fire or  something to provide abit of light

Then fall back to a higher elevated position

"Anybody see anything?"
You really ought to read the rest of the turn when I post, and not just your own action. A torch has been lit already. And like, everyone else in teh room is staring out the window at the big "something" that frankly, would be impossible to miss at this point. out to Cho Ja, eh? i'm sure he'll be immensely grateful.

Uh take up a defensive position around jack.....noir dosent like this.
You and Jack wander up to the broken cart and hang out.

Team Green

Stay still.

you two hang tight and await further developments.

Dar'yajira is currently next to the entrance to the the room Noir and Jack are in, yes?  If not, he'll creep over there.  Goal is to be able to watch what's going on in both rooms, especially Noir's.  If she's endangered, Dar will break cover and rush over there, though I can't know how he'll deal with whatever problem he sees.

Oh.  The metal cat buff isn't continually draining mana, is it?  Keep it for now regardless, since stealth is necessary and combat is likely.

You were by the wall, to the room they were clowning around in, yes. That group has since regrouped by the cart. Your current location is suitable for guarding and keeping an eye out into the other room. Your transformation is not draining mana faster than you replenish it, so it can be maintained comfortably until you have need of all your resources. Even then, well, Druids draw power from nature, and metallic is the nature of this place, so the transformation still might work in your favor there.

>>> TEAM ADORABLE <<<
Asiin Michael; who is a tortoise

"Goddess, what is that?
We have a new plan: Get away from the big and scary thing! Move it!"

Move as quickly as my turtle reptilian nature will take me to the doors at the back of the room, away from the beastie. Suggest that Adorable Team members follow.
>>> TEAM ADORABLE <<<
Asiin Michael; who is a tortoise

"Goddess, what is that?
We have a new plan: Get away from the big and scary thing! Move it!"

Move as quickly as my turtle reptilian nature will take me to the doors at the back of the room, away from the beastie. Suggest that Adorable Team members follow.
Team Green Yarrack

Follow this intelligent tortoise in his wisdom of running away
Okay, you two head back to the back of the room and pause, staring into the room at the back. You see the large industrial racks, rows upon rows of them. You also see Trier, swinging his arm about, or what;s left of it. He is standing in the epicenter of a crystalline explosion. Shards everywhere. and the shards are sticking to walls, floor, racks. they are making a weird keening sound. Asiin can sense lots of magic active in them, and on closer inspection, the crystals are definitely spreading. This doesn't seem like a good thing.

Aylia, Mission Lead, Acompanying Team Adorable
acquisition sense is special, I just require close proximity. bear in mind the whole duplicating magic and internal organs and such aspect of it, it handles a ton of things ordinary senses cannot detect.

having said that, I need to get out of here. I freeze the pile of stuff in the middle of the room in place so it stops shifting on me, test my footing on it afterwards to make sure it isn't slick to me and it isn't still shifting around, then jump up and get out of here.

Okay, you begin acquiring the form. It's very incomplete at the moment though. You're gonna need more exposure. You radiate cold into the pile of junk. You do this selectively, as you feel your way up the rubble pile. Things do get colder, but the stuff still shifts below you. It's a big pile of metal, concrete, and other junk, after all. Still you find a decent bit of footing and leap up to the ramp above. this room is very similar to the one below, except with th floor split like it is, no rubble on the floor, since that is all down below, and the ceiling is completely missing above. A quick glance shows you that he thing out there extends even further up than the ceiling here - that's three stories at least. Back wall doors are open, as are the doors on either side.

Well, I meant that I would hide the light behind walls, so it wouldn't be so bright and it wouldn't be so obvious that the light is coming from a torch, I guess there is some natural light there. (I think I'm not explaining well what I mean but it doesn't matter anyway now.

Hide behind a machine. I try to put out the torch (if I can't put it out fast enough, I throw it where it can't start a wildfire i.e. on a torch holder or an improvised torch holder or something).
You jam the torch, handle down, into a gap betwen two fixtures, and then duck around a corner into darkness. it's hard to see, with the sudden change of lgiht, and you stub your toe pretty good.

cho ja, team cho

Quickly find somewhere to hide, have my teammate snuff the torch and do the same.

You turn and run toward one of the machines, but are too slow to get there before whatever it is enters the room. Well, at least you are in shadow ... right up until the little point of starlight enters the room, zooms right over to you, and squeaks brightly Greetings! I have a message for you, Cho Ja, from Jack! He asks that you and your team return to the main group so you can share your discoveries and discuss plans on what to do next. ... Shall I relay a message back to him?"

What walks into the room is twelve feet of long metallic limbs all clumped around a segmented central mass, like a daddy long legs, a centipede, an anemone and German machinery joined together in some unholy eldritch affair and these were one of the byproducts. the first through reels back a moment on seeing you, the star sprite, and the glow of the torch, then speaks in a grinding sort of voice before moving quickly into the room in your direction, followed by several more. Some of them head toward the torchlight and some toward you. Yo uare beginning to consider removing Jack from leadership of team red. Forcefully and painfully.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2016, 02:47:05 pm »

Aylia, Mission Lead, accompanying team Adorable

Time to send my sprite back Asiin... If it can understand me in this form. Can it?
"Go ask Asiin if she's in trouble and needs me to come back to help, if she doesn't have a response ready within 15 seconds or so, then just tell her the sprite with her should be able to find me if she needs me and come back to me. If she is actively fighting something when you arrive, then don't bother asking her and just come back and tell me what she's fighting."
After the sprite has left, or if it can't understand me, then I'm going to glance through the doorways, starting with the closest.

how difficult is my barding to put on? I suspect I have to already be in my biggest form and to have someone assist me in getting it on and strapped properly, but I'd like confirmation, as well as an estimate of how long it would take to do. ((since turn time varies just give a vague estimate in real time please and I will naturally be assuming that there will be some signifigant variation from the listed time for various reasons including narrative))

side note: Aylia studied her star sprite when she first got it, and has kept it in very close proxemity for a while now, may I please assume she has it acquired as an additional form, though untested?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 10, 2016, 02:47:23 pm »

((With the rather intermittent updates, and the spread out mazelike nature of this place, I forsee it getting very confusing soon.  I just spent ~15 minutes reading back to get a better understanding of where everyone is.))

Since I'm pretty sure nobody is still in the room he wanted to watch, Dar'yajira will creep back towards the cart.  He'll try to stay out of direct light, and will try to keep an eye on both Noir (and the other cart people), and the horrible thing outside.  As always, he will try to intervene if it reaches a limb or something inside to attack.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 10, 2016, 03:05:00 pm »

Team Green
Asses feasibility of dragging the cart without gaining the creature's attention. Continue standing silently.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2016, 03:48:10 pm »

Team: Crystal event horizon
Trier.

Call to my crystal brethren. Whisper to them that they can consume the world later. For now they must stop expanding and lure the squishes into a false sense of security.

[EDIT] only tell that to the ones behind me, to the ones between me and mechachutulu tell them to grow into a big wall between me and horrible doom. Also tell them to violently grow into Mechathulu if it gets near it.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 11:04:24 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 10, 2016, 05:46:33 pm »

Team Red

Fall back and prepare to fire if any thing attacks us.

if we are attacked then move to protect noir.

Have my fey spirit move to me when he returns and fly the room to the right and go out the place that goes outside and look around before returning to me.

Arrows 20/20

"Alright, Any ideals? I may haveanother way out and surely the doors I sent the others into will have ways deeper down this place."
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 11:48:56 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2016, 07:08:10 pm »

Team green

Seeing the monsters arrive Yarrick gets his bow and try's to get line of sight throwing my torch towards them to make them easier to see. If they start attacking shoot the monsters
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 01:31:37 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 49