Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Lost in the Dark  (Read 34827 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Lost in the Dark
« Reply #360 on: February 24, 2017, 11:33:06 pm »

Look for some UnderDwarves to dismember and eviscerate.
Hooo boy. You run screaming right past Clunkers, chasing Giglam and the Underdwarf with a shriek.

Grab the Underdwarf and question where the fuck he came from I didnt see him before
That weird creature you guys have been chasing and harrassing? that's the Underdwarf. He's been scuttling back and forth for a few turns now.
You hear a blood curdling shriek from behind.

Stand still and be like an inanimate hunk of bronze, so as to not entice Fiddler to attack me involuntarely. If he does, use my reusable clockwork magic booster and Assume Direct Control to root him in place.

If Fiddlerbird goes to cut up some underdwarves, wait a minute or so and then follow him, to observe the carnage from a distance.

He outpaces you pretty quickly, oh slow and damaged one.

move towards the music, let's see how far the rabbit hole goes.
You find the source of the music.a room, of sorts, in which the walls are carved to look like faces. human faces, bugman faces, troll faces, bat faces, faces of things you haven't seen before, faces even you couldn't hallucinate. They are all screaming. You are too, but then, you were already a little insane. Not far away, you see a form, half melded into one of the pillars of the room. The form is struggling. the pillar is laughing. The form is weeping. this scene relates to the engulfing of the Underdwarf Niglam by the screaming horror in the year xxx.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 25, 2017, 03:58:38 am »

Separate all the bits of the Underdwarf from one another.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 25, 2017, 08:20:07 am »

(sorry about this Harry)

Use my Sling and fling rocks at Fiddler as me and the under-dwarf flee
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 25, 2017, 08:48:08 am »

Interal statement: Well, no use in chasing Fiddler Organic.

Shut off my audio receptors, so that I can't hear anything anymore. Than head in the direction the underwarf came scuttling from and where the buzzing came from. Keep a close eye on my systems, stop going further if I still get affected a lot. Observe what I can see down that way.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 27, 2017, 12:17:01 pm »

Separate all the bits of the Underdwarf from one another.
(sorry about this Harry)

Use my Sling and fling rocks at Fiddler as me and the under-dwarf flee

oh boy. (6) v. (4) fiddler easily overtakes the two of you as you hoof it further into the unknown. (1) v (5) Giglam gets off a lucky shot with the sling, though. Right between the eyes. ugh. A high success and a total failure. Gonna make the endurance roll pretty harsh. (1) welp. Fiddlerbeast collapses into a tangle of wings, beak, and claws and slides up to Giglam's feet, dead.

Interal statement: Well, no use in chasing Fiddler Organic.

Shut off my audio receptors, so that I can't hear anything anymore. Than head in the direction the underwarf came scuttling from and where the buzzing came from. Keep a close eye on my systems, stop going further if I still get affected a lot. Observe what I can see down that way.

You stop, a few hundred yards along, when your staff's magical reserve crystals explode. Lightning arcs uncontrollably out of the lightning bit, a fierce wind picks up, and the walls around you begin to crack, a brilliant green glow emanating from the cracks. your staff stands on it's own, tilted at an angle, and spining slowly, both around it's axis, and around the vertical axis where it's tip sits on the ground.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 27, 2017, 12:24:13 pm »

Yes! I'm free!

... hm, wonder what I could make next? Do I want to make anything else? So many questions!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 27, 2017, 01:33:54 pm »

Yes! I'm free!

... hm, wonder what I could make next? Do I want to make anything else? So many questions!
Troll medic. It'll be fun!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 27, 2017, 05:33:59 pm »

"Internal statement: This has gone far enough. Rerouting processing power, closing down superfluous processes."

Use robutt computing in conjunction with Clockwork magic to analyze what spells are causing this, then counter/nullify them like I did with that camp defence several mission back. Use my Interlocking gears (reusable clockwork magic totem) and my Inner core magical batteries (seperate items I got for this mission) to fuel this big spell. If both of those don't give me enough Oomph, use the power from the other totems I've got left. If those also aren't enough, use the power from my inner core. Leave about whatever amount I need for minimum functionality+10%, the rest can be used for the spell.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 27, 2017, 11:17:05 pm »

(Well Harry seems happy so win?)

Damn I didnt mean to... you know what screw it. Come on dwarf man thing lets get the hell out of here
Find my way back to Clunker
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 27, 2017, 11:41:06 pm »

Keep moving and grooving towards that music.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 28, 2017, 01:37:50 am »

Yes! I'm free!

A big mound of maggots that communicate using pheromones and specialized hairs, forming one consciousness.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 28, 2017, 02:12:08 am »

Yes! I'm free!

... hm, wonder what I could make next?1 Do I want to make anything else?2 So many questions!3
1) Many possibilities.
2) Yes
3) Yes
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 02, 2017, 02:24:10 pm »

"Internal statement: This has gone far enough. Rerouting processing power, closing down superfluous processes."

Use robutt computing in conjunction with Clockwork magic to analyze what spells are causing this, then counter/nullify them like I did with that camp defence several mission back. Use my Interlocking gears (reusable clockwork magic totem) and my Inner core magical batteries (seperate items I got for this mission) to fuel this big spell. If both of those don't give me enough Oomph, use the power from the other totems I've got left. If those also aren't enough, use the power from my inner core. Leave about whatever amount I need for minimum functionality+10%, the rest can be used for the spell.
All or nothing, eh? Almost, anyway. Well, you discover, as the hallucinating goatman did a couple turns ago, that a room full of faces carved into walls, ceilings, stalagmites, stalactites, and columns is crying out in a hungry sort of agony, drawing in the unsuspecting and all that. looks like it has recently consumed a few others as well. You push back with a sonic magical interference wave. some of the mouths go still, some of the faces crack, and some of the screams change tone, creating a bit of a feedback loop. the strength of the spell drops rather noticeably, but you are well aware that a more permanent solution needs to be achieved, and soon, or the room will adapt.

(Well Harry seems happy so win?)

Damn I didnt mean to... you know what screw it. Come on dwarf man thing lets get the hell out of here
Find my way back to Clunker
You find Clunker doing battle with a cave. Like, a whole cave. Hard to tell who's winning.

Keep moving and grooving towards that music.
Like, voluntarily surrendering to the music? Good Lord, man! Have you learned nothing? You get right into the middle of the soul eating room, right up next to the Underdwarf currently being eaten alive by the walls. You try to enjoy the music and crawl into the pillar the Underdwarf is becoming a part of, but something about the music is off, and it irritates your soul. you stamp your foot in frustration. Meanwhile, the walls try to eat your brains, but, your brains being what they are, the walls find themselves struggling with this task.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 02, 2017, 07:37:07 pm »

Hey Clunkers I'm going to wait outside

Take the UnderDwarf with be as we get the hell out of this cave

My Sig

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 02, 2017, 07:52:29 pm »

"Dark statement: You may wish to get a bit of distance between yourself and the cave. If this one don't join you in about half an hour or so, you may assume that this one has perished.

Warning: you may want to forget about the underdwarf in the room of screams for now. This is about to get dangerous. 

Request: If this one does perish, this one would appreciate it if you would make an effort to salvage at least this one's core and bring it to the Omega Foreman of the monastery. If salvaging is impossible, please pass on the message to the Foreman that this one praises Fiddler Organic for his conduct during this mission."

Feedback loop eh? Use the metronome as focus, and attune the faces who'se magical tone have shifted to be the opposite of the regular magical screams, so that the two screams cancel each other out. Hopefully.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27