Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Lost in the Dark  (Read 34883 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Lost in the Dark
« Reply #285 on: January 26, 2017, 12:19:33 pm »

turn around and create the illusion of a sheet of ice after flankers fires his ice totem.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 29, 2017, 05:52:22 pm »

Told you so

Keep moving back and flinging rocks at the horde
You trip over a rock and fall on your ass. Dozens of flaming spiders crawl up onto you and begins biting. It burns! It burns!

"Reply: Yes, this one stands corrected. A shame, really. This one was rather interested in communicating with the spiders."

Continue moving back together with Giglam, while loading another ice totem into my staff and shooting it at the oncoming spiders at high intensity. If it seems to be working, don't hesitate reloading in my last ice totem if this one runs out of juice.

If the ice doesn't seem to have much effect, shoot the lightning magic I've still got stored up from the last mission instead.

Some of the spiders get up onto you They begin weaving webs on you. Now, due to the severe damage to one side of you, reloading that totem is tricky, especially while moving backward. You fumble with the staff and can't reach the totem while holding onto the staff. You switch tactics and attempt to raise your staff ofr a lightning shot, only to have the staff knock against the ceiling and nearly twist out of your hand.

Give each of the other two passages a careful listen. Anything curious emanating from them?
You run ahead to the first passage and hear nothing ut the guys behind you fighting bugs. You run to the other and, just as you get there, a small, pale face drops in front of yours with mouth wide. "EEEEEEEEEEEEEE" It says. It doesn't sound any different coming from an upside down face than it would from a right side up one. What an odd thing to focus on.
"Run! Run!" It screams, then the head turns away from you and the thing golem's across the ceiling into the passage. "Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!"

turn around and create the illusion of a sheet of ice after flankers fires his ice totem.
a gentle snowfall appears to blow through the tunnel, vaporizing on the heat rising off the spiders. You nope the fuck back away from the spiders, staying well ahead of the advancing horde.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 29, 2017, 06:55:51 pm »

"Strained statement: This is not going as well as this one had hoped for."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 29, 2017, 07:55:39 pm »

Celestial flaming tits

Panic roll to get the spiders off me and flee
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 29, 2017, 08:30:38 pm »

"Statement: This one doubts celestials have tits, much less tits that are aflame.  Or perhaps that is all they are, this one is never sure.

Also, this one is going to try something a little bit drastic. Hang on."

Flick the switch on my staff to set it to AoE shockwave mode, than let 'er rip with the lightning magic I've got stored up from last mission.

If this gets the spiders off me and Giglam, help him up and start going down the tunnel. Don't forget the staff has a gyroscope to stand up if I need my hand for a moment.

If the spiders are still on me, swat them off. 

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 29, 2017, 08:43:53 pm »

Zylo, just keeps running, as he runs he creates a hallucination of him and his allies being invisible and sends it to the spiders.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 29, 2017, 09:47:20 pm »

"Shouted statement: You two might want to turn around and help us here. If the spiders render us non-functional, they'll probably come after you next and you'll be two teammembers down. Just a suggestions, really. No hurry, we're only being overrun by giant spiders."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 30, 2017, 11:31:11 am »

"We come in peace, assholes! Get back here so we can parley like civilized demihumans! We're looking for some UnderDwarves to rescue and you could be it!"

That said, check what Clunkers is shouting about back there, if it is possible to find my way in that direction.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 30, 2017, 07:53:11 pm »

Celestial flaming tits

Panic roll to get the spiders off me and flee
You roll and twitch, swiping spiders off you and sliding down the scree at the same time. You arrive at the bottom, burnt and bruised, with a few spiders still on you and many more in hot pursuit.

"Statement: This one doubts celestials have tits, much less tits that are aflame.  Or perhaps that is all they are, this one is never sure.

Also, this one is going to try something a little bit drastic. Hang on."

Flick the switch on my staff to set it to AoE shockwave mode, than let 'er rip with the lightning magic I've got stored up from last mission.

If this gets the spiders off me and Giglam, help him up and start going down the tunnel. Don't forget the staff has a gyroscope to stand up if I need my hand for a moment.

If the spiders are still on me, swat them off. 

your lightning discharge fries the spiders in about a four foot radius of you. It also dislodges some of the scree, sending you tumbling down the slope after giglam. He wiggles out of the way just before you land with a resounding clang. Something else is broken, you are sure. Spiders. hot pursuit.

Zylo, just keeps running, as he runs he creates a hallucination of him and his allies being invisible and sends it to the spiders.
You run into the dark, quiet corridor and become invisible ot the spiders. You also happen to be invisible to yourself, and run inot a low hanging rock. You see starts, but not much else.

"We come in peace, assholes! Get back here so we can parley like civilized demihumans! We're looking for some UnderDwarves to rescue and you could be it!"

That said, check what Clunkers is shouting about back there, if it is possible to find my way in that direction.
it's easy to find your way in that direction. all that lightning, and all those burning spiders make it so. Two of your allies are laying at the foot of the sope, mere moments ahead of the horde. that's probably what they are yelling about.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 30, 2017, 08:17:06 pm »

"Oh for fuck's sake. That's it!"

Drink my voice potion and use the power it grants me to wreck these spiders into tiny pieces as far down the tunnel as my voice will echo, which I presume is far indeed.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 31, 2017, 03:01:06 am »

FUCK THIS SHIT

Run getting the spiders off me as I go
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 31, 2017, 08:44:13 am »

"statement: It is a good thing this one doesn't feel pain in the traditional sense, or this would really suck."

Shut down auditory sensors for a moment, until Fiddler stops his voice attack on the spiders.

In the meantime, run an analysis to see what else is broken inside of me. If I can still function somewhat using my redundant systems, walk or crawl in the opposite direction of the spiders to put some distance between me and them. Stay in line of sight of my teammates, though I doubt I'd get very far anyway.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 10:22:22 am by Pancaek »

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 31, 2017, 09:28:30 am »

zylo will pick himself up continue to run around, looking for the little gnome like thing.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 31, 2017, 06:55:56 pm »

"Oh for fuck's sake. That's it!"

Drink my voice potion and use the power it grants me to wreck these spiders into tiny pieces as far down the tunnel as my voice will echo, which I presume is far indeed.
You drink your potion. Yoru hair stands on end - all of it. It feels stiff, as do your lips. Your vision changes - you can seee more clearly in the low light, but your depth perception is off. You have a weird spacial awareness though, and a boiling desire to harm. You screech. Everything nearby stops moving and turns toward you. You screech again, louder, more direct. The Spiders nearby scuttle away. They move surprisingly quickly, but not quickly enough. You lunge after them screeching. They begin to explode, leaving burning bits everywhere. You snatch living ones up and eat them whole, and screech as you run forward, shattering all the small spiders, rupturing the big ones. You stick a fist into the body of one particularly fat one and pull out it's innardfs, swallowing them in one gulp. You head deeper into the spider lair screeching as you go all around you is a dying inferno of chitinous despair. at last, after hundred of feet of this and thousands of dead spiders, you arrive at the center, and encounter three spiders, each as big as yourself. They move to surround you, but you don't care. You've come to kill.

FUCK THIS SHIT

Run getting the spiders off me as I go
that quickly becomes unnecessary as Something screams bloody fucking murder right behind you. You freeze up. but it doesn't matter. the spiders are gone. Something dashes by you, following the spiders back up the tunnel, leaving a trail of gore and embers behind.

"statement: It is a good thing this one doesn't feel pain in the traditional sense, or this would really suck."

Shut down auditory sensors for a moment, until Fiddler stops his voice attack on the spiders.

In the meantime, run an analysis to see what else is broken inside of me. If I can still function somewhat using my redundant systems, walk or crawl in the opposite direction of the spiders to put some distance between me and them. Stay in line of sight of my teammates, though I doubt I'd get very far anyway.

You are pretty sure your brain is broken. that's gotta be it. at least it was nothing important. You hobble up, leaning heavily on your staff, and drag yourself back toward the middle of the lower cavern (the one at the bottom of the slope). Giglam is there, open jawed, shaking his head slightly. He says something, but yo don't hear it.

zylo will pick himself up continue to run around, looking for the little gnome like thing.
Zylo picks himself up, hears a sound straight out of his nightmares, and runs screaming into the dark. he knows not how long he runs. He is only brought to his senses by the cold splash as he tumbles into a body of water. He thinks he hears, quietly and far off, a raspy voice mutter precious to itself.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 31, 2017, 07:02:35 pm »

Clunkers re-engages his auditory sensors.

"Statement: Test, test. Good, sensors are once again fucntioning. At least one part of this one that isn't broken by now.
Query: I'm sorry, did you say something, Giglam? This one had its auditory sensors turned off and didn't hear. "

Do a full systems check, using some robutt computing to help out with it. I already know about the one arm and half of my head being gone, but I want to know the full extent of the damage to my body. Have my mechanical spider fix me up a bit if he can.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 09:35:34 pm by Pancaek »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27