Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Lost in the Dark  (Read 34893 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Lost in the Dark
« Reply #270 on: January 23, 2017, 07:34:17 pm »

Breath and recover if I can.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 23, 2017, 09:16:59 pm »

"Observation: You all might want to catch your breaths soon. This one believes we're going to have an interesting meeting with a bunch of spiders."

Keep observing the spiders. Be as non-threatening as a half broken soot covered robot can be.
More trickle out. and that blob of light turns out to be a head-sized spider. On fire. And not particularly upset about it. It begins spinning bright white webbing. Sooon, all the spiders in sight are doing the same, and joining them together while approaching your position.

"You do that. I'm going to go check this tunnel thing."

See where this downward tunnel is leading. Hopefully there's less smoke there.
there is less smoke there. You wave your light arm around. The slope continues tdown beyond the edge of vision. It feels slightly more open that way.

Ready my sling and if the spiders try to attack smash them to bits
You fire a sling bullet at the headspider. It hits one of it's legs, which dislodges it from the ceiling and disrupts the interwoven webbing. This causes a flurry of activity within the spider community, and they begin swarming forward quite quickly. ore blobs of light approach through the steam and smoke, which is clearing slowly, revealing more and more spiders, all burning, and now ... all hissing.

Breath and recover if I can.
You are okay, and should probably do something soon. Like real soon.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 23, 2017, 09:37:25 pm »

"Perplexed query: Why did you feel the need to attack the obviously non-hostile burning spiders? Just, really, go help the goatman recover and leave the interspecies communication to the grown-ups, please. ."

Clunkers hold his one good hand up to the spiders and then points at the sharkperson

"Pacifying statement: Please, dear firespiders, forgive this one's companion. He has bad impulse control and has gotten some severe brain damage from oxygen deprivement recently. Contrary to what his actions have shown you, the rest of us mean you no harm. Well, this one means you no harm, at least. "

Speak to spiders, remain non-threatening. Continue observing the spiders, but take a few steps back if they get really, really close with their webbing. Like, two feet in front of me close, no sooner.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 11:18:08 am by Pancaek »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 23, 2017, 10:00:47 pm »

Yeah lets let the really dangerous creatures get close before killing them.

Head down the slope and if Clunkers talking fails provide covering fire when he starts running
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 23, 2017, 10:18:37 pm »

Zylo, sitting weakly up, summons his strength and if the spiders appears threatening, creates a mass hallucination among the spiders of a massive tarantula hawk, that begins to buzz menacingly towards the spiders. Zylo having also hallucinated the massive tarantula hawk, runs the fuck away towards fiddler while screaming about a huge wasp. Otherwise he will just calmly walk down the slope away from all the spiders.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 24, 2017, 11:17:16 am »

"Reply: This one will reply the shark person that it is literally surrounded by a plethora of dangerous creatures all day, every day in the Omega base, yet the shark person doesn't seem to mind that.
Hypothesis: There is really only one explanation for the shark person's sudden agressiveness. The shark person is clearly racist against Arachnids. Shame on you."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 24, 2017, 11:30:57 am »

Fiddler vaguely hears the argument going on above.

"Are you bastards arguing ethics up there? Get down and leave the damn things to burn, we've got exploration to do."

Feed my bracelet and see what's happening further in.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 24, 2017, 11:37:17 am »

"Shouted reply: But Fiddler organic, isn't the downwards slope going away from our objective? This one was under the impression that the UnderDwarves were located towards the spiders, not away from them."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 24, 2017, 11:42:46 am »

"Shouted reply: But Fiddler organic, isn't the downwards slope going away from our objective? This one was under the impression that the UnderDwarves were located towards the spiders, not away from them."

"The cursed treasure room was the closest area to them, I figured, but it might have been in the other direction from the door than the one we initially saw. Seems like a possibility, no?"

Check what our guidestone has to say about this, if its ineffable wisdom is applicable to this situation that is.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 24, 2017, 12:44:51 pm »

"Reply: True, the possibility is there. In any case, this one will keep itself between the spiders and its organic teammates for the time being."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 25, 2017, 07:41:44 pm »

"Perplexed query: Why did you feel the need to attack the obviously non-hostile burning spiders? Just, really, go help the goatman recover and leave the interspecies communication to the grown-ups, please. ."

Clunkers hold his one good hand up to the spiders and then points at the sharkperson

"Pacifying statement: Please, dear firespiders, forgive this one's companion. He has bad impulse control and has gotten some severe brain damage from oxygen deprivement recently. Contrary to what his actions have shown you, the rest of us mean you no harm. Well, this one means you no harm, at least. "

Speak to spiders, remain non-threatening. Continue observing the spiders, but take a few steps back if they get really, really close with their webbing. Like, two feet in front of me close, no sooner.
They move forward. let's see if you move quickly enough to avoid being entangled. Let's see. Speed is not your species strongest point, and you have a -1. (5) oh, you manage to shuffle back and slide down the scree slope ahead of the horde of flaming spiders and their lucent threads.

Yeah lets let the really dangerous creatures get close before killing them.

Head down the slope and if Clunkers talking fails provide covering fire when he starts running
You hit one of the larger spiders in the head, dropping it to the floor, where it begins to smoke and sizzle. A moment later, it explodes, spraying limbs and flaming entrails throughout the tunnel. The horde remains resolute.

Zylo, sitting weakly up, summons his strength and if the spiders appears threatening, creates a mass hallucination among the spiders of a massive tarantula hawk, that begins to buzz menacingly towards the spiders. Zylo having also hallucinated the massive tarantula hawk, runs the fuck away towards fiddler while screaming about a huge wasp. Otherwise he will just calmly walk down the slope away from all the spiders.
You create a turmoil in the spider cluster. A turmoil which you do not see, as yo urun screaming past Fiddler and into the dark below.

Fiddler vaguely hears the argument going on above.

"Are you bastards arguing ethics up there? Get down and leave the damn things to burn, we've got exploration to do."

Feed my bracelet and see what's happening further in.
it looks like an empty, natural cavern, with three openings, including the one you are in now.

"The cursed treasure room was the closest area to them, I figured, but it might have been in the other direction from the door than the one we initially saw. Seems like a possibility, no?"

Check what our guidestone has to say about this, if its ineffable wisdom is applicable to this situation that is.
The guide stone is sending out strange pulses along it's length. When they hit the end of the stone, they rebound in a sort of fractal lightning pattern. looks like they have no wisdom to share at the moment.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 25, 2017, 07:44:29 pm »

"Statement: Yes, well, it seems that the spiders were not to be trusted after all. Racism against arachnids isn't so unfounded as some would have this one believe, it seems."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 25, 2017, 08:20:48 pm »

Told you so

Keep moving back and flinging rocks at the horde
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 25, 2017, 09:18:55 pm »

"Reply: Yes, this one stands corrected. A shame, really. This one was rather interested in communicating with the spiders."

Continue moving back together with Giglam, while loading another ice totem into my staff and shooting it at the oncoming spiders at high intensity. If it seems to be working, don't hesitate reloading in my last ice totem if this one runs out of juice.

If the ice doesn't seem to have much effect, shoot the lightning magic I've still got stored up from the last mission instead.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 26, 2017, 12:14:42 pm »

Give each of the other two passages a careful listen. Anything curious emanating from them?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27