Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Lost in the Dark  (Read 34921 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Lost in the Dark
« Reply #225 on: January 14, 2017, 09:08:33 pm »

Having gotten used to having some semblance of light, when you look out the door and are confronted immediately by pitch black, you take a few moments to let your eyes adjust. They never do. 

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 15, 2017, 09:17:47 am »

"Clunkers, headlights please."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 15, 2017, 09:51:07 am »

"Statement: This one had forgotten we were in an cave for a second. Lights coming up."

Activate my eye lights and the light of my staff to illuminate our surroundings. Take a look around.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 15, 2017, 10:49:10 am »

I don't think that's normal darkness

Search around for a torch or other light source.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 15, 2017, 11:29:47 am »

Inspect the light source in the cursed treasure room.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #230 on: January 15, 2017, 01:15:37 pm »

Inspect the light source in the cursed treasure room.
It's a burning trough of imp fat. Which apparently burns forever.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 16, 2017, 03:15:08 pm »

See if illusions work as a lightsource.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 16, 2017, 05:12:04 pm »

"Statement: This one had forgotten we were in an cave for a second. Lights coming up."

Activate my eye lights and the light of my staff to illuminate our surroundings. Take a look around.
you see thin strands of some substance thickly interwoven throughout the passageway several dozen yards along, completely blocking the way forward. something is moving within the strands a shot hway in, kind a jerking about.

I don't think that's normal darkness

Search around for a torch or other light source.
there's the burning fat PW mentioned, Fiddler's wristband, and Clunkers' eyes.

See if illusions work as a lightsource.
They do not.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 16, 2017, 05:25:06 pm »

"Prediction: It's fucking spiders, isn't it? Or some other disgusting organic insect."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 16, 2017, 06:40:46 pm »

"Prediction: It's fucking spiders, isn't it? Or some other disgusting organic insect."
I say we kill it with fire
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 16, 2017, 06:56:18 pm »

"Pondering: However, perhaps the thing we see moving in the strands is one of the underdwarves, trapped."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 16, 2017, 07:20:46 pm »

"You'd think a spider would make a web it could move through. So it's either not a spider and is instead something like one of those annoying-as-piss caterpillars that ruin hedges or a really tiny swarm of spiders."

"With that in mind, you seem to be the sole wholly inedible member of our motley crew, so it would probably be sensible for you to go and check deeper in."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 16, 2017, 07:57:22 pm »

Clunkers fixes its one working eye on Fiddler, giving his ruined arm a little jangle.

"Statement: Inedible, but not indestructable. This one will take a closer look, but will remain at a distance for now. This one expects the lot of you to have its back."

Make sure my staff light is on in addition to my eye light. Go and take a closer look, but keep at least a body's length distance between myself and whatever it is.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 16, 2017, 08:10:27 pm »

Prep my sling ready to give covering fire to Clunkers
My Sig

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 18, 2017, 07:26:18 pm »

Clunkers fixes its one working eye on Fiddler, giving his ruined arm a little jangle.

"Statement: Inedible, but not indestructable. This one will take a closer look, but will remain at a distance for now. This one expects the lot of you to have its back."

Make sure my staff light is on in addition to my eye light. Go and take a closer look, but keep at least a body's length distance between myself and whatever it is.
Deeeeefinitely spider thread. And yes, there are numerous relatively small spiders in it. But yo uget the distinct impressiuon that a more massive spider lurks beyond as well. Perhaps it has paths other than the tunnels through which it travels, or perhaps it nests, and simply waits for meals to come along.

As for the twitching thing - it is some kind of animal, and not a dwarf at all. it seems nonsapient, far as you can tell.

Prep my sling ready to give covering fire to Clunkers
You crouch, whip out your sling, and hop back and forth, looking left and right with an "aha!" at every shadow.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27