Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Lost in the Dark  (Read 34990 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Lost in the Dark
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2016, 07:47:48 pm »

As you wish.

Well, they show the three of you through the gates. The cavern kinda narrows down here a bit. It's not a tunnel here, but sort of a low place in the side of the cavern. The last door, the one covering the spot where the dwarves left, is of a smoother, slightly spongy material. There is a circular knob in the center, which, when manipulated, causes the door to retract toward the walls. It's broad enough for the three of you to walk through, and closes behind you. There does not appear to be a knob on this side. you ramp up your light sources and look around. The cavern opens up suddenly on the other side in a long diagonal slash, slanted downward. You don;t see where the dwarves have cut into the wall to make the opening. They must have been careful to make it look natural.

Well, teh new cavern slopes down at about a 30% angle and to the right. It also kinda curves off to the right and up, at a much steeper angle (almost vertical). there is no indication as to which way the dwarves might have gone, but it would certainly be easier to check the down slope than to make the climb upward.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2016, 10:40:10 am »

"Statement: Well, we better get to it then."

Check the guidestone for the most likely direction the dwarves took. Then use robot computing to tod the same. Put the two results together and head off in the direction they indicate.

Also, while we're still near the beginning, make sure I run a background process where I make some sort of mental map. So that we can easily retrace our steps if need be.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 03:15:06 pm by Pancaek »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2016, 02:50:45 pm »

Well, the guidestones only point right back to the base camp. The dwarves probably didn't go that way.

They are climby fucks though, so they might have gone up, or they might have gone forward and down. Really hard to say at this point. probability for dow nis higher than for up, but is within the margin of error.

HAng tight for a while though, an ominous aura falls over the already dark cavern. Some shit is about to go down. Oh, and you might get one or two more teammates. kinda depends on whether our casualties from the other mission want to jump in real quick.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2016, 06:53:44 pm »

The cavern grows rapidly darker. All sources of light are rapidly swallowed up into the all consuming gloom, and everything goes deathly silent and still. And then, as quickly as it began, it ends, and the light swells back into existence. But Something is different now. A few feet away from the group, on a previously blank and unassuming stone wall, there is now a door. Above the door there is a small metal box with holes in the shape of block letters cut into it. The letters spell out "ENTER" and something within the box glows a burning cherry red, like hot steel, so that the light of the word spills out across the cavern and tints it sanguine hues. The door itself is a rather plain looking thing, a slab of dull colored metal with heavy hinges and no knob. It looks like you could just push it open, judging by the arrangement of the hinges. 

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2016, 07:22:32 pm »

"Obvious statement: Well, that's ominous."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2016, 07:36:20 pm »

"Yeah, no shit. You think that's where the dwarves went into? I mean, if they did, that's probably a good reason not to go inside."

Push on the door gently and peek through briefly.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2016, 07:37:49 pm »

"Reply: This one feels like simply ignoring the existence of the wonderous appearing hell door might be good idea. This one means, there is really no reason for us to open it, right?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2016, 07:40:54 pm »

"You see, here's the problem - if we never opened this door, we'd likely spend all our lives wondering where it could have gone and why it could have possibly opened here and now. By opening it like this, we get to find out and have no regrets. Probably because "all our lives" is likely going to become a much shorter span of time as a direct consequence."

"Besides, could just be some cheeky fuck's plan for this mission. You never know what nonsense they'll come up with."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2016, 07:44:50 pm »

Clunkers just stares, alternating between Fiddler and the hell door. An audible whirring sound can be heard from within him for several seconds before he pipes up.

"Discontent statement: This one feels like that's some shaky logic, but this one concedes. However, Fiddler Organic will take point through the hell door should we decide to enter."

Stand back as Fiddler opens the door. If nothing awful happens to him, also take a peek.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2016, 07:46:44 pm »

"If the terrors from the unfathomable darkness take me, I hope they hollow me out and fill the rest with hell-stuff, I think I'd make a pretty great demon with some choice infusions, you know what I'm saying?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2016, 07:49:12 pm »

"Uncertain reply: This one is not so sure. With Fiddler Organic's diminutive stature, they might not be able to fill him with enough hell-stuff to make a truly formidable demon."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2016, 08:10:55 pm »

Giglam catches up to the two as they open the door.

Wait for me

Reaching the two he takes a moment to catch his breath

Alright I was told that there had been a mistake and some people who were meant to be on this mission hadnt shown up so me and the goat are here to back you up.

and it looks like I lost the goat.
Giglam pops out of existance as the legion has need of him
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 08:15:05 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2016, 09:57:16 am »

"Yeah, no shit. You think that's where the dwarves went into? I mean, if they did, that's probably a good reason not to go inside."

Push on the door gently and peek through briefly.
Clunkers just stares, alternating between Fiddler and the hell door. An audible whirring sound can be heard from within him for several seconds before he pipes up.

"Discontent statement: This one feels like that's some shaky logic, but this one concedes. However, Fiddler Organic will take point through the hell door should we decide to enter."

Stand back as Fiddler opens the door. If nothing awful happens to him, also take a peek.

You open the door and peek in. Inside is a small room, with fluffy red carpet on the floor and mirrors lining every wall and ceiling. At the far end of the room is a pair of metal double doors that look like they slide in and out of the wall instead of opening normally. In the corner near these doors is a large lever built into the wall. And Next to the lever, leaning against the wall, is a skeleton. The skeleton looks bored. There's music playing in the little room, though you can't tell where it comes from. It sounds vaguely jolly but also extremely generic and underwhelming. The skeleton notices you peeking in and straightens up.

"You guys need a lift?" He asks, his voice like dry paper ripping.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2016, 10:23:55 am »

"We do! But we don't know where. We're looking for UnderDwarves, see. You seen any?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2016, 10:35:32 am »

"statement: Indeed, we are looking for some UnderDwarves.
Hesitant query: How much weight is that lift rated for? This one is rather heavy, you see."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27