Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25

Author Topic: Ye Gods 6 IC: Tick 18.0: Donation of Glaciem  (Read 30501 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 6 IC: Tick 2.0: The World-Egg hatches
« Reply #135 on: December 04, 2016, 01:19:32 am »

"Just let her kill him. It is justified. He has struck against her creations unprovoked. He is also clearly unstable and a threat to the world. We don't need a fire god to have fire"
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 04, 2016, 01:33:21 am »

"Are you kidding me. Temper yourself firegod lest you will be struck down. A sad thing to see... Concentrated flames seem to burn much hotter than the chaotic ones anyway..."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2016, 02:46:02 am »

"ENOUGH!!! Saron, Felicia, this ceaseless bickering grates at my ears!

Saron, just because the dryads are fireproof does not mean they are an affront to your sphere! A rock is fireproof. Is a rock an insult to you? Water is fireproof. Is water an insult to you?

I must suppor the nature goddess in this matter. You Saron, are being obtuse to the point of lunacy!"

Spend 5E to prevent any and all hostilities between the gods.

"I am for peace, for I believe that both Fire and Nature are important for the survival of the world. I shall NOT allow arguments as idiotic as these to disturb this peace so early in creation. It is not Time yet."

I WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THEM IF THEY WERE MERELY FIREPROOF. AND HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE THINGS YOU MENTIONED. THE PROBLEM IS THAT THEY WERE MADE TO PUT OUT FIRE, NOT MERELY BE FIREPROOF.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 04, 2016, 03:52:34 am »

Breeze paints a cave
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 04, 2016, 07:30:56 am »

[Felicia, Nature Goddess]

"ENOUGH!!! Saron, Felicia, this ceaseless bickering grates at my ears!

Saron, just because the dryads are fireproof does not mean they are an affront to your sphere! A rock is fireproof. Is a rock an insult to you? Water is fireproof. Is water an insult to you?

I must suppor the nature goddess in this matter. You Saron, are being obtuse to the point of lunacy!"

"I am for peace, for I believe that both Fire and Nature are important for the survival of the world. I shall NOT allow arguments as idiotic as these to disturb this peace so early in creation. It is not Time yet."

I WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THEM IF THEY WERE MERELY FIREPROOF. AND HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE THINGS YOU MENTIONED. THE PROBLEM IS THAT THEY WERE MADE TO PUT OUT FIRE, NOT MERELY BE FIREPROOF.
Felicia keeps trying to strike down Saron.
"I'll settle for the fire god that doesn't personally burn my creations for merely being the slightest of a threat!"
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 08, 2016, 01:14:07 pm »

Support

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 08, 2016, 02:15:40 pm »

<This is beyond unconscionable.

Propose that we shall make an Arena, in which gods and mortals may pick champions to settle disputes in a manner as they see fit, whether physical, intellectual, magical, or otherwise.  The Arena shall be operated by purpose-crafted immortals, who will configure its state to suit an equal challenge.

Propose that the nature goddess and fire god shall undergo mandated arbitration through independent third parties that shall remain, with the full force of the Council, safe from reprisal.>
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 02:22:07 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 08, 2016, 02:29:45 pm »

"Let 'em work it out by demselves. Ain't much ya can do 'bout it if they hate each od'er. Dun see much point in savin' either of their hides neither."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 08, 2016, 03:22:17 pm »

Propose that we shall make an Arena, in which gods and mortals may pick champions to settle disputes in a manner as they see fit, whether physical, intellectual, magical, or otherwise.  The Arena shall be operated by purpose-crafted immortals, who will configure its state to suit an equal challenge.

Propose that the nature goddess and fire god shall undergo mandated arbitration through independent third parties that shall remain, with the full force of the Council, safe from reprisal.>

"WHAT CHAMPION?! He is burning all my Dryads!"
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 08, 2016, 03:38:51 pm »

"WHAT CHAMPION?! He is burning all my Dryads!"

"I dun' think this un' would provide much light even if dey was a sun."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods 6 IC: Tick 3.0: Rock paper scissors
« Reply #145 on: December 09, 2016, 12:13:02 am »

Tick 3.0: Rock paper scissors

Xraa has created many Ordens, an orderly race. (Xraa: -16E)

Saron has attempted once again to burn away the Dryads, but it feels like some still exist. (Saron: -2E)

Rookar has created the Semics, sapient subterranean stone-based citizens who absorb minerals and nutrients. (Rookar: -4E)

((TheBiggerFish/Metis: Amended internally (Metis: +3E)))

Breeze has created windbags, assorted flying secondary amines, and air magic to the windbags. (Breeze: -10E)

((ShadowDragon: Amended internally (Mother Winter: +5E)))

Felicia ferociously attacks Saron, who weakly attempts to dodge away! A solid blow connects! (Felicia: -2E, Saron: -1E)
Saron has been struck down!
Felicia collapses from exhaustion!
Another The Candlemaker appears at the scene and applies a measure of Essence to halting the conflict
glaciem the proud sends 3E to Felicia. Felicia rises again. (glaciem the proud: -3E, Felicia: +3E)
A wall of thick, juicy steaks circles Saron's body, eating up further blows.
The Candlemaker travels back and attempts to stop the hostilities. (The Candlemaker: -5E)
Felicia powers up, ready to beat Saron again! This seems to have been for naught, thanks to the Candlemaker's anti-fighting field and the steak wall. (Felicia: -2E)

Ciel has created two units of Magn, a rocky race of variable limb number who dwell in the many caverns of the world. (Ciel: -8E)

Ciel listens to the prayers of those seeking perfection:
   Magn digger: "What should I do to create a perfect tunnel?"
   Magn thinker: "Is a crystal an example of perfection?"
   Magn carver: "Look at the six perfect forms!"

The fire layer seems to have shrunken slightly, beaten back by a slightly but equally expanded water layer.

Xraa suddenly looks more responsible.

Spoiler: Deities(13) (click to show/hide)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 09, 2016, 12:42:56 am »

Critter claims Saron's Corpse!

"Anybody care if I chop it up in ta little bitty bits and make some fir' creatures out o' it?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #147 on: December 09, 2016, 12:51:28 am »

Ciel ponders his prayers, and sends messages to those offering them:

To the digger, he nudges the natural tunnelers of the world to operate in his presence, showing him the simplicity and beauty of how they waste no space, carving out a path that is proportioned perfectly for what it is to be used for, how it is shaped and dimensioned to support itself without the need for extra material to be brought in, and so on.

To the thinker, he continues to nudge more crystals into their life, showing them their perfect regularity - but also how they are flawed, in that they will break so easily when struck at the right angle.

To the carver, he nudges them into exploring great caverns of natural beauty, and how they achieve their wonder without following a plan, and how trying to force them to only diminishes their existing perfection.

"You may, but the dead god was imperfect, and so must anything created of him."

Ciel continues listening for prayers, even those that might come from other races.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 09, 2016, 01:33:08 am »

"Anybody care if I chop it up in ta little bitty bits and make some fir' creatures out o' it?"
"Ah, Friend... Yes , Rather I Do. Death Is My Domain. And More, This Death Was Not Glorious As Befits A God, But Pathetic, As Only The Least Of Creatures Deserves. I Will Guard The Ashen Sun Until It May Be Reignited Again."

Take Saron's corpse to the underworld, anoint it, and safeguard it from further disturbance.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 01:41:40 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 09, 2016, 01:39:05 am »

"Ah,Friend...Yes,RatherIDo.DeathIsMyDomain.AndMore,ThisDeathWasNotGloriousAsBefitsAGod,ButPathetic,AsOnlyTheLeastOfCreaturesDeserves.IWillGuardTheAshenSunU6tilItMayBeReignitedAgain."

Take Saron's corpse to the underworld, anoint it, and safeguard it from further disturbance.

Critter rips off a piece of the corpse before handing it over to the Death God

"Tha' highes' an' lowes' is da same in death. Tis a corpse now, no need ta' go insultin' perfectly fine critters fer da sake of it."
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 02:02:18 am by Stirk »

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25