Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25

Author Topic: Ye Gods 6 IC: Tick 18.0: Donation of Glaciem  (Read 30459 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 6 IC: Tick 0.0: Rotat (talk-only, 72h)
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2016, 06:25:01 pm »

"Fire is an aspect of existance as is air. Consuming air makes the flame a flame, so air is life as well."

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2016, 07:24:42 am »

[Felicia, Nature Goddess]

"Your examples of fire, is not having fire EXIST in the world, but have it HAPPEN in the world. Animals aren't partially dead, they are alive, then death happens to them, and they are then lifeless.

And the 'narrowminded' thing, you want fire, you don't want warmth, you don't want destruction, you don't want life. You want fire. Permanent fire. Fire as a form of terrain.

The reason Air, Earth, and Water is so influential, is because it's what everything is made on. Fire is not a basis for life, it is something that happens.
"
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2016, 08:15:47 am »

"I have the feeling if we don't make it land, it will happen..."

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2016, 11:27:11 am »

"You say that as if it's a bad thing. Let the fire gods make their fire, using their own Essence.
Only fire can use the land of fire. So let them make it themselves.
"

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2016, 11:35:16 am »

Why Not take my Suggestion? it Contains All four Elements in Near Equal Quantitys. Beyond that it is the most easily Modified from its base form Do to having Multiple Pieces of Land in each forth. Unless there is a Specific Reason you do not want it to be equal..?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2016, 05:45:04 am »

"You say that as if it's a bad thing. Let the fire gods make their fire, using their own Essence.
Only fire can use the land of fire. So let them make it themselves.
"

"Ha! You Think So Small, Wilder Queen! What Need Is There For Such A Thing To Be True? Nay! Let Us Instead Make Blazing Life, Ecosystems Entire In The Land Of Fire, Just As We Might In The Land Of Ice. The Blazing Sun May Desire Pure Flame, But They Have Supported Any Land Where A Large Portion Is Hot Enough To Resemble The Open Fire, Or Fire Plays A Significant Role. All Creatures Require Warmth, No, Wilder Queen? What Cause To Deny Fire It's Part In The World, If We May Make Beasts Suited To It?"

Why Not take my Suggestion? it Contains All four Elements in Near Equal Quantitys. Beyond that it is the most easily Modified from its base form Do to having Multiple Pieces of Land in each forth. Unless there is a Specific Reason you do not want it to be equal..?
"Ah, But We Have More Than Four Elements To Be Concerned With, No?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2016, 06:15:10 am »

"The fire god never asked for warmth, he asked for fire. Say it's warmth all you like, it doesn't change that he is asking for fire.
Ice can be stood upon without dying from the ice. The cold may be harsh, but it's nothing compared to fire.
Also, ice is far more natural as a PIECE of the world, than fire ever will be.

If you make an ecosystem around fire, they are dependent on fire so much they might as well just be living fire, among the fire.
The fire is an exclusive area for all who are fire. Birds burn, bears burn, humans burn.
For the cold, you need a layer of fat, or warm fur. For fire, you need complete reconstruction.
"

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods 6 IC: Tick 1.0: Tomorrow has arrived
« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2016, 10:10:55 pm »

Tick 1.0: Tomorrow has arrived

Burning heat and freezing cold flash from nothingness as the gods converge on three plans for the world. From their union come three great oceans of fire, water, and ice dotted with wandering islands, even spiraling pillars, of refractory stone, plain earth, and the very air itself respectively. Some sink and deform, laden with the weight of their contents, forming expansive submarine landscapes surrounded by bottomless pits. As the world settles, impossibly long chasms puncture the pillars, variously leading to cavities or revealing passages to a lightless underworld in the lands of fire and ice. There is autumn, and there is spring, the first year, even if the gods neglected to detail the sun(s).

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council measures (20) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Proposals (17) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 10:23:22 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2016, 10:20:11 pm »

"we should finish up the world with a sun"
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2016, 10:53:00 pm »

Create a beautiful Air Ballon of Yellow colour that shines on the plane and travels to places bringing light from time to time to everywhere. 5e
Create the Air horses, horses made of air that ride at the streams of the winds and in the land of air. You can saddle them, only then it is possible to ride one. 5e
Create 6e of windbags, a race of thin bag like humanoids with raspy voices. They are nomadic and use the wind as transportation. They have an affinity to air magic and are incredibly weak, short-lived and unintelligent.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 06:36:20 am by Detoxicated »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2016, 02:49:26 am »

Create a beautiful Air Ballon of Yellow colour that shines on the plane and travels to places bringing light from time to time to everywhere. 5e
Create the Air horses, horses made of air that ride at the streams of the winds and in the land of air. You can saddle them, only then it is possible to ride one. 5e
Create 6e of windbags, a race of thin bag like humanoids with raspy voices. They are nomadic and use the wind as transportation. They have an affinity to air magic and are incredibly weak, short-lived and unintelligent.

((You are currently going over the essence action limit of 2. Please be aware that the third action will either cost more essence or probably fail as a result))

AND FIRE HAS CARRIED THE DAY. MOST EXCELLENT.

Propose that all the gods become the sun, giving the world a dozen and change suns across its various layers.

Create the divine race of the Firestorms with an innate affinity for Fire Elementalism, invoking the Fire sphere and spending 16E
As their name suggests, these are large living storms of Fire, who delight in setting things on fire. They travel the lands, growing larger as they consume fire in the lands of fire or set things on fire on the rock islands and pillars. Reproduce by two Firestorms clashing against each other and breaking off new baby Firestorms.

Free Action Fill the water oceans with oilweed and blacktide algae, that produce large quantities of flammable oil that floats on the surface of the water as a waste product.

I LIKED THE IDEA OF FLAMMABLE LIQUID PRODUCING THINGS THAT WAS MENTIONED EARLIER.

Free Action Fill the Fire layer with fire-plants, that are constantly on fire.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 03:02:50 am by Demonic Spoon »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2016, 02:56:42 am »

Create the Ohel fish, a tiny fish that moves in massive swarms. This fish eats oilweed and blacktide algae in addition to their waste products, squirting amounts at targets when threatened. Their oily taste will likely be unpleasant, though they will be able to serve a function similar to whale oil in addition to keeping the amounts of flammable liquid down to near zero.

"Already got 'nough fire, coal fer brains. Now ta think o' a decent race..."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2016, 04:14:36 am »

Create 4 units of Worbur.
Spoiler: Worbur (click to show/hide)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2016, 06:05:23 am »

"I told you so."
Oppose the Oilweed and Blacktide algae.
Support the Ohel fish.
"But... I shall not let you threaten the other lands with your fire."
Create Dryads, nature spirits taking the form of a beautiful lady. But has a hole in their back, surrounded by bark. They have affinity for all the elements, and, when endangered, can wreathe themselves in bark and stone. They are made to be resistant to fire, and able to block the path of fire elementals, so a group can trap them, and starve them.
Use 12 Essence in their creation, aiming for 0.6 U of a Divine Race.

Any extra points for divine is to be used in making them stronger, tougher, and more magical.
Create life on land, like fauna and flora. Big trees bearing fruit and leaves, plains of grass, which will die and provide fertile soil for future plants. Animals to feast upon these grass and leaves, and insects to feast upon leaves, and bees to pollinate the flowers.
Using 4 Essence to do so.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2016, 06:36:57 am »

((You are currently going over the essence action limit of 2. Please be aware that the third action will either cost more essence or probably fail as a result))

AND FIRE HAS CARRIED THE DAY. MOST EXCELLENT.

Propose that all the gods become the sun, giving the world a dozen and change suns across its various layers.

support
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25