Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Whose name do you holler at the top of your lungs?

TOH the lion
- 2 (33.3%)
KILIUS maul and helmet
- 1 (16.7%)
NERDELLIUM dual falchions
- 0 (0%)
JAGULA barehands and jaguarskin
- 2 (33.3%)
PIJO the bear
- 1 (16.7%)
PH6
- 0 (0%)
PH7
- 0 (0%)
PH8
- 0 (0%)
PH9
- 0 (0%)
PH10
- 0 (0%)
PH11
- 0 (0%)
PH12
- 0 (0%)
PH13
- 0 (0%)
PH14
- 0 (0%)
PH15
- 0 (0%)
PH16
- 0 (0%)
PH17
- 0 (0%)
PH18
- 0 (0%)
PH19
- 0 (0%)
PH20
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: [IRP] Famous Gladiators  (Read 4992 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Gladiator Manager
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2016, 12:01:22 am »

She's watching you gladiators.

Spoiler: image(anyone) (click to show/hide)
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2016, 05:51:01 am »

I frankly feel kind of insulted. You give us some barebones ruleset without explaining how anything works and expect us to know what the hell we are supposed to do and get angry when we dont. A man can harm a lion unarmed its just very difficult but thats the point, i want to weed out the newcomers, since i dont want to pay for food, money and training on anyone who isnt superb material. That aside i said from the beginning that one of the three would be armed, as to make things more interesting not that all are unarmed.

But all that ranting aside i would appreciate some proper ruleset and an explanation as to what we are supposed to do and how this is supposed to work. So far i've been fumbling through, maybe detox knows the rules maybe not but i feel hes just as confused as i am about most of this.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2016, 11:35:14 am »

Ah. Sorry I didn't clarify. You weren't here for the first Gladiators so you don't know about the old hag. That last post was in character. She's not very nice.

What she says is not the word of God but she is wise.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2016, 12:02:41 pm »

Spoiler: Managers Only (click to show/hide)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Gladiator Manager - Famous Gladiators 2: Men vs Beasts
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2016, 01:51:05 pm »

”...I have an idea".

BACKROOM

The hag lines up Nerdelium, Killius, Jagula and a caged Toh.

She begins to hand them their weapons one at a time...

Nerdelium is given two falchions- the second is unmistakably the one that was held by Excalia. She admires how fit he looks having been fed properly.

Killius recieves a Corinthian helmet and his maul. She pours a warm approval over him. He is also looking better after eating well.

But stops at Jagula... "The beast will be your weapon." Her eyes look up to him in a plea for agreement but she does not wait long enough to receive one. As she walks away, a guard drapes a jaguar skin around him.

The hag open up her loud, agrivating speaking voice. "Survive your second fight and you will be veterans. That means you are valuable and I will respect that value by allowing you to earn your freedom."

THE PIT

Within moments the the three men are rapidly marched towards the growing mania. The once muffled murmers rip open in the pit to full, open shouting.

The two armed men are sectioned off together at one side, while the jaguar garbed man the other... without a weapon.

In a foreign language a man shouts something. The audience's attention falls upon the gladiators once again.

But before they can start. Animal growls and roars are heard coming from the dark recesses of the gates... Nothing exits but something is waiting beyond.

The audience is scared.

Gladiators post turns in a spoiler marked GM only. All gladiators are active.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2016, 02:41:55 pm »

He might feel kind of insulted, but i actually think to myself: "Go find a hobby"
Seriously I am not going deeper into this at all, as Ghazkull has explained it all...

SO mr knuckle skull game master I am out of here... Next time you start a game make sure to explain the rules and make sure that you do not insult any of your players.

So i guess ghazkull wins...!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2016, 02:50:05 pm »

(A couple manager positions opened up.)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2016, 05:32:06 pm »

Here's my action, but I won't be able to reply soon, since I'm in a no/low signal area.

Spoiler: GM only (click to show/hide)
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2016, 10:24:51 pm »

Spoiler: GM Only (click to show/hide)
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2016, 12:50:03 pm »

Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2016, 06:06:33 pm »

Skip deadline will be pushed back a day. Gobble gobble

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2016, 06:31:16 pm »

23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Gladiator Manager [LIVE: MEN VS BEASTS TURN 1]
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2016, 03:19:17 am »

-Turn 1-

From both sides the strange sounds of animals are matched from the darkness to their terrible forms that come lunging towards the small spattering of frail men.

JAGULA is surounded. He gets low, and ready. The announcer welcomes PIJO the bear!

Longtime local favorite TOH the lion darts past the jaguar skin garbed man and heads straight for KILIUS. He defends a pounce by thrusting his maul sideways into it's mouth. The lion doesn't let go and they struggle for control over it. The lion gaining the advantage.

The jaguar man dances around the bustling black bear, which is quickly moving him towards the other men.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2016, 11:04:27 am »

Going to switch the following names(because I naturally type them as):

Killius →KILIUS

Nerdelium →NERDELLIUM

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2016, 11:13:57 am »

Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5