Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Residency, Citizenship, and work.  (Read 786 times)

RobertoTheRobot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Residency, Citizenship, and work.
« on: November 19, 2016, 03:33:54 pm »

so I've got a legendary inn in my new fort, it's attracted quite a few people to it, I have a human swordsman and xbowman in my dorf squads, and a bunch of bards and the like hanging around (though I dont let them stay long term).  My question is after I grant a human citizenship (if I can, the wiki is a bit unclear) could I then use them to forge human weapons? masterwork steel whips anyone?  Is this now a possibility!

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Residency, Citizenship, and work.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 04:47:56 pm »

Nope. You can't tell non dwarves to make non dwarf things even if they become citizens. It's not the worker that determines what can and can't be made, it's the workshop. You can (and will) need to make them clothing in their own size though. That;s done through the 'd'etails menu.

RobertoTheRobot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 05:29:11 pm »

Well fooey.  I've got em all in steel mail and I'm making them legendary fighters so when I finally get around to killing my "human" diplomat (he's a vampire) they'll pair off against my dorf squad nicely.  Still would have been nice to have a Mwork whipmaker though :/

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 07:28:08 pm »

You gave them proper "large" sized mail? Otherwise they won't actually wear it because they can't fit in dwarf sized mail. Just assigning them a uniform doesn't guarantee they are actually wearing that uniform.

RobertoTheRobot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 10:25:49 pm »

You know it! At this point I'm more concerned about fps, so I'm trying to lower the pop to about 100, but I have 3 humans, one sword Lord and two xbow masters. Got em in large steel armor and they train 9 months of the year. :o