Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Planet Coaster - A rollercoaster themepark simulator  (Read 569 times)

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Planet Coaster - A rollercoaster themepark simulator
« on: November 18, 2016, 11:54:34 pm »

Store Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/493340/
Official site: https://www.planetcoaster.com/en

I didn't see any thread for this game. None that showed up in search with "coaster". So I decided to make one, partly to see what other people thought of it.

I saw this popup on steam yesterday and it looks really great. Its getting great reviews on Steam as well, which is a good sign.

The opening thread I'm making however won't have too much to add. I don't have the game or really know much about it. It does come with a pretty hefty price tag of 45 dollars. Not a 60 dollar game by any means, but not something I'd be able to go out and buy right away (at least till I get paid). Maybe that is a good price for it though, as it does look really advanced. And we haven't had a good themepark simulator in a long time for rollercoaster style games.

Has anyone gone in and bought this yet? Like I said, I know very little about it. But it does look rather great and pretty advanced from the little I've watched of it. What are you guys's opinions on Planet Coaster?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planet Coaster - A rollercoaster themepark simulator
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 12:01:04 am »

This is the true successor to RCT. It's made by the guys who made RCT3. If you like RCT you should get this game.

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planet Coaster - A rollercoaster themepark simulator
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 12:41:21 am »

This is the true successor to RCT. It's made by the guys who made RCT3. If you like RCT you should get this game.

Actually, Rollercoaster tycoon is one of my favorite game series of all time. Didn't know this was made by the same guys. That is pretty awesome.

I know what I'm buying next month :D