Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Offspring: Descendants - Post Apocalyptic RPG - IC - [7/8]  (Read 5462 times)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
Offspring: Descendants - Post Apocalyptic RPG - IC - [7/8]
« on: November 17, 2016, 02:30:35 am »

You awaken to the sound of whirring as the tour-bot flies past. Another day behind these bars, and the day your food has run out. This is probably a good sign for you to stop sitting around and start doing something about the situation. Or not, who knows? At any rate, your enclosure is standard stuff, iron bars with a food trough, some trees or respective environment to your animal. A near-empty water trough sits next to the food, and the door which food used to come through sits there, menacingly. Menacingly? Well, it has this red light behind it and everything, it looks pretty darn menacing. You don't really see any other way out, unless you looked around a bit further. Outside of the cage, you can see the few other cages around you, filled with a wide menagerie of creatures. Weird. But, it's fairly dark, and it seems to be very early in the Morning.
((All the players start in the same area.))

You have 6 Major Actions left for today. You have unlimited Minor Actions remaining. You are sated and slaked. You are wide awake.
Quote from: Handy hint about Turns
Turns work in major actions and minor actions.

MAJOR ACTIONS TAKE 3 HOURS
MINOR ACTIONS ARE SMALL AMOUNTS OF TIME
ALL MAJOR ACTIONS ARE TAKEN ONCE ALL PLAYERS HAVE GIVEN THEIR MAJOR ACTIONS FOR THAT TURN

Major actions take 3 hours, and there are a set amount of Major actions each day. These will be taken altogether for each turns, one for each player, and while players wait for others to catch up, they may perform minor actions.

Minor actions are taken as they come, and are most things that don't take particularly long. You might want to use minor actions before performing a major action, as they have to be plans for a decent amount of time.

Each turn is one Major action and {x} minor actions.

Combat is formulated so that people plan out 3 actions, and attempt to use them. If nobody is dead/incapacitated by the end of the match, another 3 turns are planned. I will simulate the actions that you plan, and the enemies action. Whoever initiated combat plans their actions when they initate combat, and the defender reacts to these actions.

Days are divided into three sections: Morning, Afternoon, and Evening, after which you may need to go to sleep, depending on your species. Each section is 6 hours of in-game time in Summer, five in Autumn, four in Winter, five again in Spring, then back to Summer.
One AP is equal to 3 hours. Therefore, you get (in total) 6 AP in summer, 5 in spring/autumn and 4 in winter.

Some actions don't necessarily take a whole 3 hours, and will be Minor Actions. I will take these as they come, and these include walking, talking, and interacting with minor things in the world.

Major Actions (that take a large amount of time) will be confirmed after each person has posted one, and each turn can consist of multiple minor actions, but one Major Action.
Major actions are overarching goals, and will essentially consist of a series of rolls and minor actions strung together to achieve a certain goal.

Sheets (Any changes to characters will be made here, copy them to your own sheets.)
Spoiler: UXLZ (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ironsnake345 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sosoku234 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sl4cker (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yourmaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SentientBowtie (click to show/hide)

OOC Thread
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 08:53:33 pm by DigitalDemon »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Re: Offspring: Descendants - Post Apocalyptic RPG - IC - [7/8]
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 05:24:54 am »

Minor action: Wonder how they got such a slippery and handsome snake behind bars and unable to escape
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 05:28:13 am »

Minor action: Wonder how they got such a slippery and handsome snake behind bars and unable to escape
You remember that day... The day you moved from the terrarium to the cage. You thought you would be able to escape. You thought you'd slip straight through the bars. Idiots.

Sadly, you didn't exactly account for the other security measures, such as the electric current running through the bars. You were in the hospital for days.
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 05:38:03 am »

Minor action: Flick tongue in intense distaste
Minor action: Look around the cage fervently, decidedly and totally not in a desperate manner. Look under the trough, look through the ground, look around for anything and everything that might help one escape. If this requires a Major Action, so be it
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 06:15:58 am »

Minor Action: Contemplate strength of iron bars.
Hercules' eyes would dart towards the bars, and he'd slowly examine them from various angles, to determine weakness in them.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 06:20:25 am »

Minor action: walk over and examine the door closely
Black lives matter.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 07:32:46 am »

PTW
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 08:20:10 am »

Minor Action: Search enclosure for possible escape route.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2016, 08:56:32 am »

Minor Action: Slip out of my hole in the concrete.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 11:48:40 am by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2016, 10:47:01 am »

((PTW.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2016, 01:24:08 pm »

Minor action: stew in the sheer humiliation of being placed in such crude, non-aquatic confines whilst spitefully reminiscing about why, exactly the filthy (and now dead) humans put me here.

Minor action: gargle awkwardly whilst attempting to get the hang of vocalizing using the only organ on my body which can squirt air in just such a way that is becomes vocalization: my siphon.

Minor action: contemplate these damned bars.

Major action(?): enter water trough and apply a fresh mucous membrane. I'm going to need those six-ish days of dry-land survival!
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2016, 10:16:40 pm »

Minor action: Flick tongue in intense distaste
Minor action: Look around the cage fervently, decidedly and totally not in a desperate manner. Look under the trough, look through the ground, look around for anything and everything that might help one escape. If this requires a Major Action, so be it

You search around the room, slithering around every nook and cranny. Under the trough, under the dirt, and anything around that could help escape.

At the end of your scavenging, you find some pieces of food that you missed, which are conveniently not spoiled! [Added 2 Meat Rations] Alongside that, you seemed to find a thin grate underneath the dirt, which function is unknown to you. However, it could lead to escape.

Minor Action: Contemplate strength of iron bars.
Hercules' eyes would dart towards the bars, and he'd slowly examine them from various angles, to determine weakness in them.
The bars seem to be fairly standard iron, with a decent strength. They were imported from the smelting facilities just down the road, actually, and have a very simple removal measure which bypasses the constant electric field.

Sadly, you are a tiger, and know none of this, only aware that they look pretty strong.

Minor action: walk over and examine the door closely
The door is... a door. Behind it, you can see a hallway leading out to somewhere. The red light is sort of blinding, but you can make out the hallway to be fairly risk-free. You fiddle with the door handle with your paws, and it seems to turn.

Minor Action: Search enclosure for possible escape route.
You scour the enclosure, digging up dirt and scanning the area.

After a bit of searching, you find a small protrusion in the ground, buried underneath the dirt, and contained in a clear chamber. Who knows what could happen if you messed around with it?

Minor Action: Slip out of my hole in the concrete.
You escape your enclosure by leaving through the small crack in the foundation underneath the bars. You regroup, and are now standing in the middle of all the other enclosures, with the path leading both East and West.

Minor action: stew in the sheer humiliation of being placed in such crude, non-aquatic confines whilst spitefully reminiscing about why, exactly the filthy (and now dead) humans put me here.

Minor action: gargle awkwardly whilst attempting to get the hang of vocalizing using the only organ on my body which can squirt air in just such a way that is becomes vocalization: my siphon.

Minor action: contemplate these damned bars.

Major action(?): enter water trough and apply a fresh mucous membrane. I'm going to need those six-ish days of dry-land survival!

((Major actions take 3 hours. That's definitely a minor action :p))

You reminisce about the day you were put in here. They emptied your precious water, and chucked you out on the dry land to writhe. You think they did it out of spite, when really, if you're land-dwelling octopus is in the water, it makes a lot less money.

You attempt to vocalize your thoughts using your siphon, and a horrible sound is emitted from it.

You then look at the bars, watching the small bolts of electricity dart in between them, and while you do so, you make sure to apply a fresh coat of mucous, but remember that you already did today!
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2016, 11:10:49 pm »

Minor action: Assuming the door has a gap to pass food through, squish through whilst thinking triumphant thoughts about how there are no longer any zookeepers to throw me back into my cage.(otherwise, just use a tentacle to turn the handle and go through.)

Minor action: Take stock of the room immediately beyond the door.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 12:55:59 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2016, 11:16:51 pm »

Minor Action: Mess with the thing I found. What could it be?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2016, 06:02:59 am »

Minor action: Examine door. Push or pull on any handles, buttons, panels.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;
Pages: [1] 2 3 4