Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Battlefield 1 or Titanfall 2?  (Read 13869 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 1 or Titanfall 2?
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2016, 01:13:26 pm »

Just a word of advice for BF1: don't play hardcore servers. Just... don't. Leaving aside the fact that it allows camping snipers to go unchecked, you'll die more to friendly fire than anything else. Yes, there are differences in uniform which are quite obvious. Yes, a 'friendly'  icon pops up if you aim at a friendly for a second or two. Yes, people will blindly spam explosives and spray bullets at movement without bothering to think about IFF.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

nyulzsiraf

• Bay Watcher
  • Panic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2016, 02:21:00 pm »

In my opinion Titanfall 2 could be a great game but the bad netcode kills it >:(

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2016, 03:08:51 pm »

In my opinion Titanfall 2 could be a great game but the bad netcode kills it >:(

I don't particularly notice it, to be honest, only very occasionally. It's probably to do with all of the grunts moving around?

How do you notice this?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2016, 03:43:36 pm »

I haven't noticed anything either.   It's a lot of fun and it makes me wish I could refund bf1 to be honest.   BF1 is like playing the grunts in titanfall
Shoes...

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2016, 07:05:10 pm »

-oops, wrong game--
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2016, 11:09:33 pm »

Don't forget that suppression from LMG's will throw snipers aim all over the place.  It's not sure to stop you from being shot but if someone sprays down the sniper nest with bullets during a charge, they are likely not going to hit anyone back.
In addition to this, the suppressive variants of the machine guns have good ironsight zoom levels (I got the Lewis one, it's 2x-3x and fucking fantastic), and machine guns become more accurate the longer you fire them, so you can have decent success counter-sniping with a machine gun. Just find some hard cover and drop an ammo crate-at worst you stop them from shooting anyone, at best you can pick people off. IIRC the suppressive variants, in addition to having more rounds in the drum/box/strip and more accuracy, also have a boost to how bad the screen shake and blur they inflict is.
If you can position yourself well all the lightweight variants have a bipod which makes them handle far better. This works especially well against ignorant targets at some range, even in the open you can go prone. You save ammo and spend less time firing. I have had some luck against aware snipers, but I reckon a decent sniper would have time to kill while you deploy the bipod. It does make you vulnerable to be stationary and/or prone, but with care it can really pay off.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2016, 12:19:29 am »

Don't forget that suppression from LMG's will throw snipers aim all over the place.  It's not sure to stop you from being shot but if someone sprays down the sniper nest with bullets during a charge, they are likely not going to hit anyone back.
In addition to this, the suppressive variants of the machine guns have good ironsight zoom levels (I got the Lewis one, it's 2x-3x and fucking fantastic), and machine guns become more accurate the longer you fire them, so you can have decent success counter-sniping with a machine gun. Just find some hard cover and drop an ammo crate-at worst you stop them from shooting anyone, at best you can pick people off. IIRC the suppressive variants, in addition to having more rounds in the drum/box/strip and more accuracy, also have a boost to how bad the screen shake and blur they inflict is.
If you can position yourself well all the lightweight variants have a bipod which makes them handle far better. This works especially well against ignorant targets at some range, even in the open you can go prone. You save ammo and spend less time firing. I have had some luck against aware snipers, but I reckon a decent sniper would have time to kill while you deploy the bipod. It does make you vulnerable to be stationary and/or prone, but with care it can really pay off.
More accurately, these have bipods: Lewis Gun: Low Weight, Suppressive; M1909: Telescopic; Madsen: Low Weight; MG15: Low Weight, Suppressive; BAR: None IIRC; Huot Automatic: Low Weight (the only one).

All others have foregrips. And in my experience snipers don't usually get you unless they were pre-aimed at the position. Once you're firing at them they're not doing shit, so the only worry is another sniper pegging you-which is why you should try to keyhole whenever possible. Bipod setup is automatic, fast, and actually decently flexible. Apparently you can even deploy on crouched friendly infantry.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2016, 07:05:00 pm »

Apparently you can even deploy on crouched friendly infantry.

Thats pretty awesome. More Teamwork encouragement is ALWAYS a go in my book
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2016, 08:14:17 pm »

Apparently you can even deploy on crouched friendly infantry.

Thats pretty awesome. More Teamwork encouragement is ALWAYS a go in my book

I mean they better do something to make up for using their solid bodies to deflect grenades off of their spine back at me.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2016, 01:30:04 am »

I mean they better do something to make up for using their solid bodies to deflect grenades off of their spine back at me.
Goddamn, I'm triggered. That's one of my biggest peeves in shooters.
IF I HAVE TO PUT UP WITH TEAMMATES HAVING COLLISION DETECTION AND BLOCKING MY PROJECTILES AT LEAST LET ME KILL THEM WITH FRIENDLY FIRE UGHHH
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2016, 12:58:07 pm »

I've gotten over 50 hours into Titanfall so far and still enjoy it a ton. But I feel like I need a slightly slower paced FPS without going into Squad/Arma 3 levels. Battlefield 1 seems like it could fit the bill, but I already have Battlefield 4 (with 80 hours in it, apparently) and really, how different are they? Sigh. Fighting off that urge to spend $40 at the moment. Convince me to stay strong?

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2016, 02:09:43 pm »

I've gotten over 50 hours into Titanfall so far and still enjoy it a ton. But I feel like I need a slightly slower paced FPS without going into Squad/Arma 3 levels. Battlefield 1 seems like it could fit the bill, but I already have Battlefield 4 (with 80 hours in it, apparently) and really, how different are they? Sigh. Fighting off that urge to spend $40 at the moment. Convince me to stay strong?

Go for a cheaper option, maybe Insurgency? :)

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2016, 10:12:47 am »

I'd say BF1 is much faster paced (/arcadey) than BF4. That's not a bad thing as it's much more accessible and 'fun', just that it certainly is a step further away from what you seem to be wanting.

For slower paced FPS I'd recommend something like MWO.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2016, 02:35:48 pm »

I did play MWO, but it got too grindy too fast (couldn't really try different builds 'cause everything cost dozens of matches to get).

I do have Insurgency, and maybe there are mapmodes where I can just sit back and snipe. I'll have to give it a try again. Thanks for helping convince me folks :)

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2016, 03:25:08 pm »

I did play MWO, but it got too grindy too fast (couldn't really try different builds 'cause everything cost dozens of matches to get).

I do have Insurgency, and maybe there are mapmodes where I can just sit back and snipe. I'll have to give it a try again. Thanks for helping convince me folks :)

Yeah, MWO got way too grindy.

In terms of sitting back and sniping, there's very few games/game modes that allow for that, just because it tends not to be that much fun for others if they're constantly getting headshotted from a camped sniper. Arma2 is probably the closest to a game that allows for that.

If you've got a few friends to play with you, SWAT 4 is incredible for a tactical shooter.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8