Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Battlefield 1 or Titanfall 2?  (Read 13884 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 1 or Titanfall 2?
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2016, 06:11:04 pm »

Battlefield 1. Its doing somethinga actually Original. TitanFall is all "Oh look, we gots Parkour and giant robots!"

Ever heard of Lost Planet 2 or Brink?

Yeah.

Battlefield 1 is literally the same game they've been making for years. 

Titanfall 1 was ahead of its time.  It was a square peg and everyone was mad that it didn't work very well with their round holes.

Most of the people I saw playing had barely come to grips with the basics of parkour and basically played call of duty but with robots and you can climb walls.  Even a couple hours put into mastering the parkour system and I was crossing the map in seconds, popping call-of-dutyers in the back of the head from midair, all over the place.
Shoes...

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2016, 06:13:18 pm »

Titanfall 2 hands down.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2016, 06:13:46 pm »

battlefield 1 vehicles are balanced
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA- you were serious?

Holy shit, no, no fucking way, unless they completely removed (among other things) the light tank from the game after the beta. Shit was the most broken thing I've ever seen, every single match where I got into one ended up with me waaaay at the top of the scoreboard with at most one or two deaths if I got extra ballsy and camped in town for a long time. Didn't do badly out of it, but that thing was a free ride to points and basically unkillable if played properly.

It's a shame, too, because BF1 actually did a decent job at nerfing and discouraging the usual bush-wookie snipers, to the point where I never saw a match with more than 20% of each team hiding on some ridge or rock missing all their 800m shots.

I haven't had any particular trouble against vehicles in BF1. Anti-vehicle grenades are very effective and anti-vehicle melee weapons stop vehicle repair (and do minor damage), which is very good when used in squad play. More importantly, you can combat aircraft with small arms (including headshotting the pilot). All in all, the role of vehicles is much reduced compared to older BF games.

It's rather nice.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2016, 07:39:10 pm »

Titanfall 1 was ahead of its time.  It was a square peg and everyone was mad that it didn't work very well with their round holes.
Oh please.
The reason Titanfall1 died out so quickly was because it had extraordinarily tiny amounts of content, a playerbase divided by DLC, and no real campaign.

I liked it myself but that didn't keep me coming back when there was nothing new to do and a small amount of people to play with. Titanfall is most certainly not ahead of its time.[/u] You don't need the elitist spin on it.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2016, 08:02:28 pm »

The single-player content was sparse and meh, but TF2's campaign is legit, though short. I think both have quite a fair amount of content for multiplayer. Ultimately it's a skill based game once you've unlocked everything. Not unlike the Battlefields in that sense, though yeah, you'll spend way more time unlocking everything in the Battlefield games. Not entirely sure that's a good thing though, unless you're *really* into grinding unlocks, which a lot of people are.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2016, 09:10:34 am »

Oh please.
The reason Titanfall1 died out so quickly was because it had extraordinarily tiny amounts of content, a playerbase divided by DLC, and no real campaign.

That was my thought exactly - I enjoyed it, but with so few maps, unlocks and general content it got stale really, really fast. There's only so many times you can play a map in a row, and as with all MP games, there's always one or two maps you hate (which meant about a third of the maps in TF without DLC).

I've never had problems with vehicles in BF1 - definitely not the same as just getting instantly splattered on spawn like in the previous ones.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2016, 10:09:09 am »

Ooh, and one more advantage of Battlefield over Titanfall:

Beating the Snot out of people with a shovel.

That is all.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2016, 10:59:52 am »

Battlefield 1 deformable terrain and destructible buildings are really well done IMO. Nothing quite like diving in a recently formed crater while under fire from an incoming tank. Or completely leveling a building full of Germany's best.

I would agree that it is a poor representation of WW1 with the prevalence of automatic weapons and some of the stuff like Zeppelins, but it's really fun despite it. They added an hardcore mode too which is everything I wanted, I definitely recommend it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2016, 11:23:32 am »

To put it another way, BF1 is the first Battlefield I've considered buying since BF2/Bad Company/1943.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2016, 12:40:50 pm »

All the video's I've seen of battlefield make it look horrendously fun. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2016, 12:55:37 pm »

It is. It really is. Mostly because you can blow up ANYTHING

Also, while yes, the usage of machine guns is unrealistic, its not too unusual. WW1 was the first major war for a LOT of things. Planes, tanks, Machine gun. Also, notice how none of the machine guns firerates or clip size are very good. Like, they're only 2x faster than your average carbine (Excluding mounted ones)
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2016, 02:13:26 pm »

Oh please.

I liked it myself but that didn't keep me coming back when there was nothing new to do and a small amount of people to play with. Titanfall is most certainly not ahead of its time.[/u] You don't need the elitist spin on it.

Well yeah, that was an issue and it was the main reason I stopped playing as well, but I still think as far as the core gameplay went a lot of the detractors were comparing the game to call of duty and ignoring the fundamental differences, and even the people who liked the game were mostly playing vertical call of duty.
Shoes...

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2016, 02:20:21 pm »

...and even the people who liked the game were mostly playing vertical call of duty.

That's pretty much what it was really. Yeah, you had to use the parkour aspect a lot to be effective, and knowing when and how to call your titan in was important - but that's pretty much the same as knowing when to call in your killstreak abilities and the like.

I enjoyed the game, and it did bring some interesting things to the table, but I can't really think of any aspects that made it more than just a jumpy CoD with titans.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2016, 04:02:01 pm »

I enjoyed the game, and it did bring some interesting things to the table, but I can't really think of any aspects that made it more than just a jumpy CoD with titans.

Isn't that a little reductive though? These kinds of mainly multiplayer FPSs are all about movement and shooting, plus a few extras. The BF games add larger maps and a few vehicles. Titanfall adds completely new dimension to movement and customizable Titans that everyone can use, not just the people that get to them first. It's pretty big as far as these kinds of games go, in my opinion.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2016, 04:58:26 pm »

Titanfall 2 really tries something new, compared to the usual BF/CoD reskins, and is one of the few MP-focused games which keeps me playing because it's actually fun and exciting, as opposed to Skinner-boxing me up a progression ladder to unlock this or that gubbin. There's a decent amount of maps, lots of game modes and the action is just superb, seamlessly shifting between combat on foot and aboard your titan. Progression is fairly fast as far as most useful things are concerned, too.

The singleplayer campaign is also quite decent. Certainly better than BF1's dissonant war is great/war is terrible short stories, and CoD Infinite Warfare strict, all booms, no substance rollercoaster. Or so I've read: unless you're relatively wealthy (or liberal with your wallet) and have a lot of time in your hands, it's hard to procure three AAA-priced games in a single month and play them all for a reasonable amount of time. I've only played Titanfall 2, for about 25 hours.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8