Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Battlefield 1 or Titanfall 2?  (Read 13861 times)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 1 or Titanfall 2?
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2016, 01:06:06 am »

[Of course, WW2 shooters never really had the most accurately representative arsenal either.]

Wait, so you're saying that jumping into certain craters DIDNT grant WW2 Marines ray guns?
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2016, 01:09:20 am »

I'll accept the unrealism, it's a video game after all and realism is always a farce.  BUt I'd like the game to be less of a clusterfuck.

Sniperfield 1 guide:

Spawn
(Optional) step forward
Get killed by someone you never saw.
Shoes...

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2016, 06:28:24 am »

I'll accept the unrealism, it's a video game after all and realism is always a farce.  BUt I'd like the game to be less of a clusterfuck.

Sniperfield 1 guide:

Spawn
(Optional) step forward

I'm getting snipered like...5% of the amount I normally get sniped in BF games. Probably less. However, that is playing on console, where snipers do tend to be slightly less prevalent.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2016, 07:37:30 am »

Poor little campers don't like the scope twinkle very much.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2016, 11:20:59 am »

First map already coming to Titanfall 2 in the next couple of weeks: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/11/23/titanfall-2-free-map-angel-city/

Plus a few new weapons, balance tweaks and regular changes to certain gamemodes to force players to adapt.

And, y'know, for free.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2016, 12:08:07 pm »

Sniperfield 1 guide:

Spawn
(Optional) step forward

A quick glance at squads usually reveals about half my team is snipers.

I'm getting snipered like...5% of the amount I normally get sniped in BF games. Probably less. However, that is playing on console, where snipers do tend to be slightly less prevalent.
Shoes...

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2016, 03:51:37 pm »

Yeah I really don't get sniped much at all on PC but that's also after 80 hours of playtime.  You have to be sensible about sniper fire similar in ways to real-life.  Don't give yourself sustained line of fire to high vantage points, be wary of sniper scope glint, listen for the direction of long distance shots and put smoke/terrain between you and them.  Ect ect ect.  If you do get sniped the second you spawn in, you either spawned on a guy who was already under sniper fire or there's a hacker, whom you can report fairly easily.
Nom nom nom

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2016, 01:33:27 am »

I've gotten better about it, but the fact remains that snipers are fucking everywhere, on basically every elevated position, and if I spend more than two seconds not sprinting or prone I die instantly.
Shoes...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2016, 02:10:21 am »

There are a couple of maps that are pretty infested, but most have multiple/covered routes and you start with access to smoke and gas grenades. Snipers also tend to tunnel-vision. Most maps devolve into one big furball, and most snipers are just going to sit scoped in on that. Approach on a curved route that stays in their peripherals or out of sight entirely and you can usually get the drop on them. If it's a big nest of people in tight quarters, Assault is great. Once I got the OP shotgun I just started running full balls-out: approach like that, gas their position, mask up, rush in and shoot + stab until I go down. With the confusion and broken close-range damage you can usually get two or three before you go down, sometimes even pick off a couple and keep running.

Otherwise, grab an unscoped bolt action and the sniper shield, range properly, and aim for the scope twinkles. A lot of them have shit aim anyways, so they probably won't hit you even if they see you missing shots.

As a tip, you can turn up/down the ironsights zoom level on your weapon options for each weapon in each loadout. I keep a max ironsights zoom Recon loadout specifically for counter-sniping. It's also helpful to turn pistol/shotgun zoom down to 1.0 instead of 1.25, IMO. Some of the MGs also give you the option to chose between ironsights and AA sights.

3. Run Resize Enable

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2016, 10:17:16 am »

Don't forget that suppression from LMG's will throw snipers aim all over the place.  It's not sure to stop you from being shot but if someone sprays down the sniper nest with bullets during a charge, they are likely not going to hit anyone back.
Nom nom nom

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2016, 10:31:28 am »

Don't forget that suppression from LMG's will throw snipers aim all over the place.  It's not sure to stop you from being shot but if someone sprays down the sniper nest with bullets during a charge, they are likely not going to hit anyone back.
In addition to this, the suppressive variants of the machine guns have good ironsight zoom levels (I got the Lewis one, it's 2x-3x and fucking fantastic), and machine guns become more accurate the longer you fire them, so you can have decent success counter-sniping with a machine gun. Just find some hard cover and drop an ammo crate-at worst you stop them from shooting anyone, at best you can pick people off. IIRC the suppressive variants, in addition to having more rounds in the drum/box/strip and more accuracy, also have a boost to how bad the screen shake and blur they inflict is.

3. Run Resize Enable

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2016, 12:44:53 pm »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2016, 12:27:49 pm »

Ugh!  Ughhhh  UGGGH, ugh, uggggghhhhh.

I got Titanfall 2 while it was cheap.  I like it.  It seems like a lot of customization has been removed but there's new customization in nice places.  I don't like that my favorite gun in TF1 (the semi-auto cannon) has been attached to a kind of fiddly and weird titan kit (the Tone)

Still lots of fun, more like a "thinking man's" call of duty with the additional elements.  More modes.  Campaign is very nice compared to Battlefield 1's.  Grunt chatter and AI is still lots of fun to watch and look at.  Grunts take everything so seriously it's almost adorable watching them go about their routine.  You also feel like a huge badass when you kill a squad of them with a fire shuriken while sliding on a wall towards your giant killer robot.

Also thank god that stupid-ass homing pistol is gone.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 12:55:08 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8