Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Tactics Advance on Forums: Defense of the Gates  (Read 3224 times)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Re: Tactics Advance on Forums: Defense of the Gates 1/3
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2016, 11:27:39 pm »

((Wow, what the heck? I thought I said "left" but I said "up". Thanks for catching that.))

((If my "dialogue" is in ( ) instead of " ", it's a thought, not speech.))

(Ugh...! I forgot how hard these things can hit...)

Lyndis moves 3 left to stand in front of the Bartender and see what he's got.

"Yes?"

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2016, 12:14:25 am »

*B hands L a potion and antidote*

PSN T! 1
T Shed PSN

T Belch L! PSN

/  /
     / /  //  /  /  /  /  /  /  /
    / /  //  /  /  /  /  /  /  //
   /B><L//  /<T/  /  /  /  /  //
 / |  |/  /  /  /  /  /  /  //
|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |/

XXXX - LYNDIS - XXXXXXXX
Spoiler: {L}yndis (click to show/hide)
XXXX - TROLL - XXXXXXXXXXX
Spoiler: {T}roll (click to show/hide)
XXXX - BARTENDER - XXXXXXXXXX
Spoiler: {B}artender (click to show/hide)
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2016, 12:18:30 am »

"Thanks!... ugh! Just in time, too..."

(to Bartender) "Buddy, you might want to move! He looks angry!"

Lyndis moves 1 up, and uses the Potion on herself to heal.

((Hey, why isn't Belch listed as a skill for the Troll now? x_x))
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 12:23:18 am by Xvareon »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2016, 12:30:43 am »

I use the next words cautiously, because I may purposely not do this, but to answer your question why the trolls abilities are not listed on the battlefield....
....it's not in the game.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2016, 12:36:42 am »

I use the next words cautiously, because I may purposely not do this, but to answer your question why the trolls abilities are not listed on the battlefield....
....it's not in the game.
Ahh... come to think of it, Trolls don't even exist in Final Fantasy that I know of. Not in Tactics Advance, at any rate.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2016, 12:45:06 am »

That's true! I think.. But I was referring to how the HUD displays enemy information. A momentary break.. Hey listen, it would be so cool to mix your fog game with this grid system.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2016, 12:46:39 am »

A momentary break.. Hey listen, it would be so cool to mix your fog game with this grid system.
How so? All I was using was a standard Roll-to-Dodge rules system.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2016, 01:00:31 am »

I think I can really flesh out this grid system(either here or the Weyland-Yutani game or both) but a good system is just the foundation for a story or experience.

Edit: like a team-up of host and writer...

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2016, 12:56:06 am »

((You already created/summoned an interesting world, as you said you loved tactics as a kid so why not take a system you like and a scenario that interests you and see where they meet? I'm just saying think about it. *bounce eyebrows*))

PSN L! 1
L Potion L! 6
T miss L!

/  /
    / /  //L^/<T/  /  /  /  /  //
 /B^  |/  /  /  /  /  /  /  //

XXXX - LYNDIS - XXXXXXXX
Spoiler: {L}yndis (click to show/hide)
XXXX - TROLL - XXXXXXXXXXX
Spoiler: {T}roll (click to show/hide)
XXXX - BARTENDER - XXXXXXXXXX
Spoiler: {B}artender (click to show/hide)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2016, 12:36:32 pm »

((Hmm... yeah, I am thinking about it, actually. Thanks!))

Lyndis moves 1 up, 2 right, and 1 down. She then Attacks the Troll from behind.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2016, 01:42:00 pm »

((You'd tell me what maps to create, we'd discuss monster balance, I'd host battles, you'd host safe area navigation(where no map needed), and you'd be the primary teller of the story. I've collaberated before and it was awesome.))

((Generally 1+1 IS greater than 2.))

((you can make it so players not in a battle can still go around freely and I handle the ones in a battle. We have plenty of time to discuss it.))

PSN L! 1
L hit T! 4 KO

[Sting 50/100XP]

/  /
    / /  //  /  /<L/  /  /  /  //
   /B>  //  /  /  /  /  /  /  //
 / |  |/  /  /  /  /  /  /  //

(to make it so new players and old players can play together, I'm taking out leveling. I think equipment will make enough growth)

Thank you so much! Oh no this place is a disaster! All the tables and decorations are all smashed up. Normally with all the adventures here this would never happen, but the've stopped comming as of late...

Rumors
Missions
Leave

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2016, 04:38:19 pm »

((I'll get back to you on that. Maybe. I kinda have a lot on my mind right now; we'll see.))

Lyndis uses the Antidote on herself to cure the poison. She then moves 1 down and 3 left to speak to the Bartender about rumors.

"Stopped coming? Why? Were they drawn off by the promise of higher profit somewhere else?"

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Tactics Advance on Forums: Defense of the Gates
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2016, 05:45:27 pm »

(you can move around freely now)

It's strange. At first, it was just a little less customers than usual. Then it was noticable. If you'd like to investigate, I know who would definitely know more. I'm going to be busy here for a while.

Missions
Spoiler: Disappearances (click to show/hide)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2016, 11:43:07 am »

(Hmm... I'm definitely going to need backup here, and that's my only lead so far...)

Lyndis asks about the crypt. Specifically, is it known what kind of people are buried there (race, etc.)? And what are the directions to this place?

Additionally, Lyndis orders two bottles of local beer or similar brew, preferably cold. She then heads out to the crypt to look for the black mage.

(If I were out investigating such creepy circumstances in such a foreboding place, I think I'd appreciate a drink to steady my nerves. Hopefully this Astin feels the same way.)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2016, 11:47:53 pm »

"On the house."

*looking around*

(Or what's left of it.)

The bartenders strange answer plays around in your mind. The Crypt of the Gods... What could it mean? He could say nothing more.

*outside the crypt*

A large monstrouse mouth at the edge of a forgotten ciffside challenges you to turn away. But before you know, one foot infront of the other leads you inside.

CRYPT OF THE GODS

/  /  /
    /<A/~~|/
   /  //  //  /  /  /  /  /  /
  |~~|/  //  /  /  /  /  /  //
  /  /  //  /  /  /  /  /<L//
 /  /~~|/  /  /  /  /  /  //
|~~|/  /  /  /  /  /  /  //
|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|/

A blackmage matching the description studies the wall...
Pages: 1 [2] 3