Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sources for coins as dwarves?  (Read 813 times)

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sources for coins as dwarves?
« on: November 13, 2016, 04:29:32 pm »

I'd played human fort mode for a bit, and of course you can trade and get coins that way. Is the only way for other (ie dwarven) forts to make coins to actually mint coins themselves? Just checking, as it seems that way.
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

ANickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sources for coins as dwarves?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 04:43:17 pm »

There is a few trading buildings, your best bet is farming silk cloth and selling it for 500 each.  :)

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 04:52:43 pm »

Oh! The named shops? Help file said they are used to buy stuff, so I assumed that was it. Guess I will build some and sell, thanks.

Related question: Billon alloy was used for making coins in history, is it useful that way in MWDF at all?
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

dantebelmondo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 05:42:23 pm »

I minted 2500 gold coins and used them to change caste in Garrison. However I can't use those coins to build the named stores. It always said need 5 coins.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 06:15:00 pm by dantebelmondo »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 05:53:27 pm »

You get coins from the forge, thats pretty much it.

It always said need 5 coins.
5 coins = 5 coin stacks. If you have 2500 coins total, you should be good.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::