Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: (ISG) Red Hand  (Read 22333 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Red Hand
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2016, 12:56:07 am »

Will post turn tomorrow. Still gotta finish some details and I don't want to rush it out in bad shape.  :D
Good call! As someone I know always says, "When you still gotta finish some details, you don't want to rush it out in bad shape"!
^ I say that all the time

Then you're smart.

Smarter than the people who released Mafia 3, apparently.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2016, 01:03:15 am »

Test if we may disassemble ourselves. Pull ourselves apart. Decide to fall apart. Will ourselves to assemble. Things like that.

(throwing arm, anyone?)
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike true
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2016, 10:45:50 am »

(Small but important post while I finish the rest)

"So, Where do we start?"
Try manifesting some magic in your hands. Perhaps letters or words? If magic is guided by will, Then we should only need to be determined enough to make it do what we want, Right?
If questioned about what we are doing, Reply with: "The magic isn't being reasonable."
In addition to this, put the ring back on. One of our new friends might know what it does if they see it in action.
+1

Before departing you decide to quickly test out this magic-thing. You assume that if it's inside your being then you must will it out, physically or verbally.
You raise your left hand, the red spooky one, and bring it high up. You squeeze your palm closed and begin to concentrate solely on the palm.
As you're hand begins to get slightly warmer you feel it become more and more tingly. As you hold the charge it begins to build-up and you see the magic begin to show.
Strands of different colors appear to flow out of your hand, each acting differently but they can all be compared to a dancing flame.
This must be your magic being.
In addition, you hear from the back of your skull many phrases and words, they're all so vague that you manage to only catch four of them;
Vimi kiranann ne
Suh utzilah igira ta tagopar
Miopiar ne pveathr miopiar
Pveathr tasarak digas khetsaram

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2016, 10:48:17 am »

Speak one of the phrases while concentrating.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike true
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2016, 11:39:30 am »

Speak one of the phrases while concentrating.

Pveathr tasarak digas khetsaram!

As the magical wisps surrounding your hand begin to combine and strengthen, they bond into solid mass, and soon a book appears inside your palm.
You grab the tome and are truly amazed at what has happened. Magic is Real!
You examine the book's cover curious at the blue tome. The book is pretty large and is mainly blue with golden in-lays. You notice on the front is the image of a bear in-laid with gold.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2016, 11:43:05 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2016, 11:46:21 am »

> Read book

foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike true
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2016, 11:48:08 am »

Ay thanks man I'm happy that you appreciate the quality, I'm sure this game's gonna run for a long time :D

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #113 on: November 18, 2016, 11:58:59 am »

Ay thanks man I'm happy that you appreciate the quality, I'm sure this game's gonna run for a long time :D

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 18, 2016, 12:12:42 pm »

As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike true
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 18, 2016, 12:43:40 pm »

> Read book

We have a family! We'd cry if we had any... eyes? Wherever tears come from.

Join up and let's go! Get to know a little about each party member on our way.

You open the book and inspect the front page. It displays the title "The Tome Of Bears" and at the bottom of the page is a depiction of a grizzly roaring.
You cannot wait to read this sucker, as you grab the next page ready to turn it someone else grabs you!

?: Excuse me brother Kane, but the group has moved on and we'd hate to lose you right after having met. Won't you join us in the next room?

A bit confused as to which skeleton is speaking to you, you see the helmet and remember. Ah it's Marrow, you remember that he was holding his bascinet helmet in his hand earlier, me must have put it on.
You decide to comply, mainly because this will allow you to learn more about Marrow himself.
As you both begin to slowly walk outside the room you start to converse.

Arthur: Ah no problem reading can wait. By the way Marrow, how long have you been with this group of companions?

Marrow: I'm the second skeleton that the All-Father has brought to life, Jukavh was there before me and had helped me understand the situation. Since Father gave me life I've been his loyal guard, you see he's not very safe when it comes to exploring and Jukavh can only do so much as his companion. He does a light ghoulish chuckle. But to answer your question I've been alive for what seems to be three years now.

Arthur: Whoa, you seem to have allot of respect for Father, is he really that great?

Marrow: Well he has a warm character if I had to describe him, very charismatic. He still gets frustrated, angry and sad like everyone else mind you, but he'd never hate us. Truly I believe that he's a good man.

You nod in a form of agreement.

we need to go back for that halberd!

As you allow the red brotherhood to enter the door in the hallway you quickly go to the barracks to fetch the billhook mounted on the wall.
You now hold it as your primary and you shield cannot be used with it, so it is stationed on your back at the moment.

You walk back towards the door where the brotherhood had entered and see that Jukavh and Father are outside.
As you come closer curious as to why they are waiting outside they inform you.

Father: Ah Kane you've got a good weapon on your hands now, great! They will need your help inside. He says pointing through the doorway

You now see why, inside the next room is a very open stone floor with a stairway at the back, you notice allot of purple and crimson drapes in the back as well.
What really catches your eye is the three armored opponents in the far end of the room.
They seem to be quite still, moving slightly as they breath. They are all staring at you and your comrades. They seem to be waiting for you to leave or come forward. Either way they are currently stationary. They are each equipped with purple and red clothing it seems, must be their house colors.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 18, 2016, 01:05:01 pm »

Breathe? So they're living, not undead?

> Follow the lead of our compatriots

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 18, 2016, 01:25:10 pm »

Breathe? So they're living, not undead?

> Follow the lead of our compatriots
+1

Glory to United Forenia!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 18, 2016, 01:32:47 pm »

Before the battle begins, let's use our billhook to drag one of the fighters away from his compatriots and into our group - preferably the axe-wielder, since a sword or shield would better deflect the attempt.

Am I being too deep about this?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike true
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 18, 2016, 02:49:49 pm »

Before the battle begins, let's use our billhook to drag one of the fighters away from his compatriots and into our group - preferably the axe-wielder, since a sword or shield would better deflect the attempt.

Am I being too deep about this?

No you're not being too deep about it  :P the bill-hook that we have is a very long weapon, so it could be used to pull him towards you as well as cut deep into wherever you pull him from, as long as his companion is too busy with someone else to push it away, or if the roll fails he'll just push it away.
Combat in this game will be brutal and fun.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13