Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: (ISG) Red Hand  (Read 22345 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Red Hand
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2016, 11:04:15 pm »

*GASP*

They're probably in the room we started in right now, wondering what happened to their skeleton!

Peer around the corner to the room we woke up in!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2016, 11:05:51 pm »

Side note, I will now be hosting the quest on two forums, the bay12 and the sufficient velocity forum.
This means that decisions on the other forum that are voted for will take place on both sides, that means that things will happen that you will not have notice beforehand because it was voted for on the other forum.
I think this will lead to a more exciting and fun Quest, hope you enjoy!   :D
I kind of think that just causes more hassle, but okay.

> Be sneaky as someone in clanky chainmail can be as we check out the original room for peoples. Be ready for violence!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2016, 11:08:03 pm »

Side note, I will now be hosting the quest on two forums, the bay12 and the sufficient velocity forum.
This means that decisions on the other forum that are voted for will take place on both sides, that means that things will happen that you will not have notice beforehand because it was voted for on the other forum.

Seems to be working ok for Hugo.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2016, 11:14:15 pm »

*GASP*

They're probably in the room we started in right now, wondering what happened to their skeleton!

And if they aren't there, run through the open door to get to the loot before they do!
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2016, 11:19:56 pm »

*GASP*

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2016, 01:28:34 am »

Aren't we handsome today?

*GASP*

+1. Sword ready in case there's someone with hostile intentions. Do we even have skill with swords?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2016, 01:32:02 am »

Do we even have fine motor control?  Any sort of dexterity at all?  Or are we just limited to really slow, stiff slashes and pokes?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2016, 01:46:22 am »

Yeah, let's practice hand/leg waving to determine how dexterous we are.

Otherwise we will be doing that during combat and that might turn out bad.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike true
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2016, 12:24:14 pm »

You have a point this could become a hassle.
That's why if I ever see that it become's too much of a hassle or more importantly, affects the quality of my posts then I will end the thread on SV forum and continue it on bay12.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2016, 01:44:44 pm »

That's why if I ever see that it become's too much of a hassle or more importantly, affects the quality of my posts then I will end the thread on SV forum and continue it on bay12.

Your line of thinking appeases us.

Continue v;
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2016, 05:11:50 pm »

*Random Forumite has been pacified*
*Foxtrot has won the random encounter! Foxtrot has gained 7XP! 24 more xp needed to level up! Foxtrot has gained annoying fan! Foxtrot has gained progress to the trait "Naive Appeaser"*

foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike true
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2016, 05:13:47 pm »

Do we even have fine motor control?  Any sort of dexterity at all?  Or are we just limited to really slow, stiff slashes and pokes?

Yeah, let's practice hand/leg waving to determine how dexterous we are.

Otherwise we will be doing that during combat and that might turn out bad.

Before heading into possible combat you decide to see if you are truly fit for the task.
You slide your blade out of it's scabbard and feel that it is not absurdly heavy, it could be even faster if used with two hands but so can everything else, and that having a shield has saved more than a few lives.
You next practice a few quick slashes and jabs, seeing no real problem between joints you feel that you would have no real dexterity problems in combat, you also become curious as to how this is possible without muscle or cartilage...
(ROLL 5!) You think for a bit but the thought of combat distracts you too much, you can only conclude that this is possible through magic...

*GASP*

+1. Sword ready in case there's someone with hostile intentions. Do we even have skill with swords?

> Be sneaky as someone in clanky chainmail can be as we check out the original room for peoples. Be ready for violence!

Finally feeling fit for you slowly creep towards the open doorway you originally woke up in, wondering if someone is indeed in there you continue to cross the stone floor silently and decide to take a peek...
(ROLL 8!) You are truly quiet a few small rustling sounds from your chain-mail tunic but nothing too loud. As you peek inside the open doorway, shield in-front and sword close-by, you see that there is someone there! A medium height man (or flesh skeleton) is in the room, he seems to be wearing a cloth tunic, pants, some leather shoes and some footwraps. You're sneakyness has come to your advantage as he has not turned his back. He seems to have his hands on his hips and is looking at the ground.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2016, 05:35:19 pm »

Genuinely thought he was pissing for a second.

Sheathe our sword, but keep the shield in hand, and try and gently alert the man, with our right hand outstretched palms open, in that universal symbol of "I don't want to fight".
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2016, 05:46:46 pm »

Sheathe our sword, but keep the shield in hand, and try and gently alert the man, with our right hand outstretched palms open, in that universal symbol of "I don't want to fight".
+1
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2016, 06:11:17 pm »

+1

Also:
Take a look at what the man is looking at/the spot of ground the man is looking at, and/or a look around the room in general for anything else. Before alerting him, of course.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13