Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: (ISG) Red Hand  (Read 22244 times)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Red Hand
« Reply #150 on: November 19, 2016, 09:06:59 pm »

Let's not do the exact same thing.

Try to predict in parry his next blow. We are equals after all.
Good point. Let's just drop our stuff and grab the axe arm so he cant swing at us. Then, we'll elbow him in the injured should, and use that moment to wrestle the axe from his grip!
+1

Actually I want to change my suggestion to vote for this instead. +1 This sounds great.
I agree
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 19, 2016, 10:27:06 pm »

Some of the images in this thread are terrifying.  Keep it up.

(Also, I think the creepy-talking skeletons are fun, but the creepy-doing-stuff skeletons have been even better.  I hope these characters get to do lots of terrifying stuff without thinking too hard about it.)

If the axe/arm manoeuvre works, I vote for pushing the enemy back just in case something horrible is coming up behind.

--Rexfelum

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 19, 2016, 10:53:38 pm »

(Also, I think the creepy-talking skeletons are fun, but the creepy-doing-stuff skeletons have been even better.  I hope these characters get to do lots of terrifying stuff without thinking too hard about it.)

If the axe/arm manoeuvre works, I vote for pushing the enemy back just in case something horrible is coming up behind.

--Rexfelum
Rather, we could just maneuver around him, so that we're facing the direction of the sound.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #153 on: November 19, 2016, 11:39:30 pm »

--Rexfelum
Rather, we could just maneuver around him, so that we're facing the direction of the sound.

+1
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 20, 2016, 09:44:00 am »

Yeah.  I'd hate for this group of fleshy soldiers--who waited patiently for all the skeletons to enter the room before engaging--were a feint or distraction while another force took out our Father and prevented him from raising more skeletons or something.  That would be awful.

--Rexfelum

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #155 on: November 21, 2016, 11:10:20 pm »

^I get the logic. No. They were surprised to see us and they were ready for us to walk away.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike true
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 22, 2016, 09:52:21 pm »

Let's not do the exact same thing.

Try to predict in parry his next blow. We are equals after all.
Good point. Let's just drop our stuff and grab the axe arm so he cant swing at us. Then, we'll elbow him in the injured should, and use that moment to wrestle the axe from his grip!
+1

Actually I want to change my suggestion to vote for this instead. +1 This sounds great.

in the spur of the moment, you decide that you should focus on disarming your opponent.
You drop your sword and shield as quickly as you can and raise your bony grippers.
You wait for him to make his move so you can strike when he swings...

him (ROLL 1!)
you (ROLL 10!)
(not making up numbers here, quite a lucky roll for this skeleton)

You see him begin his swing but notice how slow and pathetic it is because of his injured shoulder.

You immediately seize the opportunity to grab hold of the long-axe.
It doesn't take much for you to snatch it from his weak grip, as you hoist the axe back you can see in those dark eyeholes within his helmet, that there is finally fear!
You swing the axehead back with an amazing amount of strength and momentum, he tries to stop it with his left hand but it has no effect on the deadly steel.
You hear a clang of metal and then the sound of steel biting into skin, within mere moments, the axehead had lodged itself perfectly into the right side of his neck. Through his chain-mail you see the blood pour out of each link and soon enough he slumps to the ground motionless...

You've done it!
You've defeated your first foe, with might and with cunning you've overcome this combat.
Filled with the vigor of battle and the joy of victory you look around you with the largest grin you can manage, which is not shown on your emotionless skull, and peer to see how your companions fared against their foes?

You see around you that your friends have long finished their own fights and have begun the looting without you...
You even see Midhaor is no longer paralyzed, Father must've used a counter-spell or something.
You suppose they must have believed in you from the start, not wanting to steal any of your glory!
Still you are quite content with victory.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #157 on: November 22, 2016, 10:01:54 pm »

Owned.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 22, 2016, 10:07:28 pm »

Loot the newly made corpse like our brethren.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 22, 2016, 10:08:00 pm »

+1 to Loots.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #160 on: November 22, 2016, 11:23:02 pm »

This is children's book quality.

(..sounded more like a compliment when I thought it.)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 22, 2016, 11:27:27 pm »

Newberry/Caldecott award winning children's book more like.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 22, 2016, 11:28:44 pm »

+1 to Loots.
+1 LOOOOOOOTS

Also, maybe our ring does something else now when put on? Let's check it out - it can't hurt.
 Scratch it. Ask Father about the ring.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 22, 2016, 11:41:49 pm »

+1 to Loots.
+1 LOOOOOOOTS

Also, maybe our ring does something else now when put on? Let's check it out - it can't hurt.
 Scratch it. Ask Father about the ring.
+1 to both.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 22, 2016, 11:53:44 pm »

Consider looting those pants before corpse soils them.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13