Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 80301 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS!: ZAP
« Reply #705 on: May 29, 2017, 10:44:29 pm »

While it is shameful to sulk around like common vagrants, the enemy has already shown his dishonor through this horrible actions of children.
Fleyshius is supportive of plan metal gear.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #706 on: May 31, 2017, 01:23:02 pm »

Ok, I'm gonna post this in all my games, it's just a quick explanation of personal circumstances.

I am currently on loan, working in a clinic out of state. I work 7am-5pm, 4 days a week. On the weekday I have off, I take my dad to chemo because he has late stage recurrent pancreatic cancer. When I'm home, I often have to take care of or do chores or errands for my dad. This means that I am pretty cramped for time right now. Posts will continue as often as I can, which will probably be 3-4 times a week I think. I'm just letting everyone know because my posting schedule is gonna be pretty erratic and there may be times when days could go past without a post. Don't worry, I'm not giving up on these games or getting tired of doing them, I'm just busy.

Oh and because I may start posts and have to get up and leave them half finished to come back and finish them later, I'm going to post whenever I start a turn. From that point on, make sure to make a new post, either with a new action or pointing out you edited your action if you want to change your action before the turn is posted. Otherwise, I WILL NOT NOTICE AN EDIT.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: May 31, 2017, 02:49:07 pm »

"Marcus is a little confused. What is plan?"

"I think one of them is to sneak up on the wizard without our stuff. The other plan is to use the useless dude as bait. I wasn't following very closely."

(Read: Me as a player was not following very closely, and I still have little idea.)

"I like this bait idea!"

"I will admit, going around without armor isn't really something I want to do..."

"Bait?"

"Bait."

"We vote bait."
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 02:53:22 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #708 on: June 01, 2017, 06:35:40 pm »

"My summons are not replaceable for the foreseeable future, the scared guy was the one who pissed off the child things in the first place, and it would take too much energy to magnetize all the acorns and make them move, leaving the wizard the opportunity to mentally overpower me."

"Your plan has merit, and if you want to try it then I commend your courage. But if the wizard catches you, tell him that the rest of us fled. Maybe it will lower his defenses for when we avenge you. If you would like, I can send the tarantula with you. Both so I can possibly help you avoid traps and patrols through its senses, and maybe as a distraction if you get caught. The Snakescorpion stays with me, though. I've decided to call it Ted."

Beethro's plan is fine with Bill, and by extension Ted. Do I need a character sheet for posts like these, or does my previous one still count?
Unless you have an action, you don't need it.

So we have a vote of plans. Anyone want to actually undertake an action to carry out the winning plan or maybe fight against it or etc?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: June 01, 2017, 07:12:47 pm »

I will be honest, keeping track of this RP is confusing as hell.

I have no idea what plan is more in favor at the moment.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: June 01, 2017, 07:51:31 pm »

I just want to run in there and try to sneak in.  I think it might work, as the wizard would have been following us all the way through our trip in these wastes, and it'd have a chance of suprise.

Barring that, I think we should just head in and get it done with.  Now that we know the kids aren't invincible, we should stand a chance.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: June 01, 2017, 08:11:13 pm »

"Right! Indecision all around. Marcus can solve this!"

"Wh- Don't do anything dumb-"

"CHAAARGE!"

"Oh no no NO NO FOR FUCKS SAKE DAD WE'RE NOT EVEN CLOSE ENOUGH TO DO THAT. WE GO IN QUIET!"

"Oh. Marcus sees. Chaaaaaarge!"

"Ugh. Guys, let's just go. Enough talking."

Chaaarge? Alanna and Marcus keep watch, rifles prepared to fire upon hostiles if anyone in the group is spotted or being attacked. In case it's not clear, they also move toward the wizards location. All sneaky like, see?

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: June 01, 2017, 08:15:33 pm »

Go with plan chaarge and just head in, guns at the ready.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: June 01, 2017, 09:06:17 pm »

Cower in fear until the group is farther away than the boundary of the relatively-safe zone surrounding them, and then flee in terror from said boundary.  Run away from the group if they get too close again though, and run away from any enemies while shooting at them if any appear.

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #714 on: June 02, 2017, 09:10:01 pm »

Cower in fear until the group is farther away than the boundary of the relatively-safe zone surrounding them, and then flee in terror from said boundary.  Run away from the group if they get too close again though, and run away from any enemies while shooting at them if any appear.

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)

So we got two chargers. Good. Thats locked in. Two silents, not good. And Sy. Sy, I'm having a bit of a problem understanding your action. We got the boundry right? Between the "Safe" and the "Dangerous". Is your plan to run INTO the dangerous and then split off from the group, or stay in the safe and then just run the opposite way once everyone else has run in?

MIDNIGHT! AND BERIUS! SKIPS OR ACTIONS PLEASE. I'd go without you but Berius is our strongest player and midnight has a lot of importance to sy's character.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: June 02, 2017, 09:15:58 pm »

MJ's been bouncing on IRC lately.  I'll go poke him.

-edit-

Playing Witcher today.  Not sure when he'll be around again.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 09:20:58 pm by Devastator »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #716 on: June 02, 2017, 09:17:38 pm »

MJ's been bouncing on IRC lately.  I'll go poke him.
Thanks dev

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: June 02, 2017, 09:38:04 pm »

((Sorry, was at work and waiting for others to do stuff since I'm being excluded from plan Metal Gear due to wizard prejudice.))

Wait for the others to get moving. Once they are out of site, move a bit further around the perimeter of the magnetic field along with my summons. Then imbue "Beacon" into one of the metal acorns, with the intent for it to draw the wizard's attention in an obviously peaceful and non-hostile way. If that works, toss it inside the range of the magnetic field and wait. Don't enter the range of the magnetic field at any point. In fact, I think staying at least 30 yards from the edge of the field at all times with my summons would be best. And use summon senses to monitor for threats or interesting things.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: June 02, 2017, 10:08:58 pm »

((Sorry, was at work and waiting for others to do stuff since I'm being excluded from plan Metal Gear due to wizard prejudice.))

((Mostly 'due to doing nothing during the last combat, while insisting that others who did help should die.'))

((I also maintain that whole detecting another wizard from a long way away means the presence of a wizard is incompatable with sneaking up on another wizard.))
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 10:11:39 pm by Devastator »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: June 02, 2017, 10:24:54 pm »

((You mean suggesting that the one who turned it into a fight by desecrating a corpse should die? I stand by it. You could have walked away when the wizard said to leave and we could have circled around the field like we did without the statue kids being predisposed to violence at the first sign of you. And I did smash the last statue. That counts as doing something. I'm trying to be more hands off this mission anyway so someone else can get magic. I just wanted to poke fun at wizard prejudice.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 53